Haujobb/Homes and Gardens
mimus
2006-04-30 20:34:09 UTC
This group's name, going by the first track of this release, "haujobb's
state", is actually pronounced as "hen-job", and I believe I've read
somewhere that it is German slang for a paid assassination or what
Amurricans would call a "Mob hit", although I wonder if it isn't or hasn't
become or isn't intended to be here also sexual slang for what the same
benighted nationality might call a "score" (suggested somewhat by the track
referred to).

Regardless, the block

Haujobb/ Homes and Gardens (no date given) (Pendragon/ Metropolis)/
"haujobb's state", "skull fission XXX", "homes and gardens (MY-1)",
"kilo-cycle respirator", "the flood", "final race", "mediaeval" and "skull
fission (not silent)" (44:31)

is as outstanding as that of about any debut album I've ever heard.

Good solid electro-EBM.

The two mixes of "skull fission" are in spite of the lurid title relatively
soft. "mediaeval" seems almost to be two songs following one another in
the same track, although the second might end in a variation of the first
(more study needed, since I keep drifting away while listening). And
"final race" is the real kick-ass piece of the block.

It seems safe to predict great things for this band in the future.
Let there be throbbing.
Thomas Jespersen
2006-04-30 20:37:15 UTC
Post by mimus
It seems safe to predict great things for this band in the future.
Ok, sounds like it's a new album or new band, but it's not:

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Haujobb

I recommend "Freeze Frame Reality" if you have not heard it.
--
np: (Foobar 2000 is not active ;-)
http://www.last.fm/user/front243/
mimus
2006-04-30 20:51:32 UTC
Post by Thomas Jespersen
I recommend "Freeze Frame Reality" if you have not heard it.
Yeah, I've long cherished the block

Haujobb/ Freeze Frame Reality (1995) (Pendragon/ Offbeat)/ "Trivial",
"Perfect Average" and "Sensor" (22:20)

The first is abstract and funny, a relatively soft example of the "foundry
song" ("piledriver", maybe? think of SP's Last Rights/ "Knowhere"); the
second is as close to hot (in more than one sense) rock as you can get
'round here, and maybe anywhere; and the third is a long instrumental that
starts out abstract but turns quite Vangelish toward the end, with a final
contented little sigh . . . .
Let there be throbbing.
j***@hexduxhmp.org
2006-05-01 20:42:52 UTC
I'm pretty sure the OP was joking (since I'm pretty sure the OP
was around from before this NG became a wasteland).
mimus
2006-05-02 00:17:10 UTC
Post by j***@hexduxhmp.org
I'm pretty sure the OP was joking (since I'm pretty sure the OP
was around from before this NG became a wasteland).
I was too depressed to do a review of _Pulse_.

Din Fiv/Escape to Reality coming soon.

Then _Pulse_.
--
Let there be throbbing.