Front 242 and Click Click
Robert Paulsen
2003-09-15 04:03:02 UTC
I was listening to Pulse, the new Front 242, and there was a part in
one song that sounded awfully familiar. I'm pretty sure its the same
slow piano-like part from a Click Click song. I don't remember the
name of either song right now, but...are these two bands connected in
some way, via personnel or something? Or did F242 just blatantly rip
it from the other guys? Or a third alternative, maybe I'm imagining
the whole thing.

bureau13
s***@fishpool.com
2003-09-15 15:56:40 UTC
Post by Robert Paulsen
I was listening to Pulse, the new Front 242, and there was a part in
one song that sounded awfully familiar. I'm pretty sure its the same
slow piano-like part from a Click Click song. I don't remember the
name of either song right now, but...are these two bands connected in
some way, via personnel or something? Or did F242 just blatantly rip
it from the other guys? Or a third alternative, maybe I'm imagining
the whole thing.
Also, noticed that one hiphop-style beat on a Male or Female CD is
very similar to one on the NWA Straight Outta Compton 10th anniversary
tribute (possibly also on the original track, but I don't have it so
couldn't confirm). The NWA version just loops a certain part while the MorF
beat continues on and changes, so probably just coincidence.

Interesting nonetheless (when I heard the NWA beat I was sitting for ages
trying to work out why it was familiar).
/ http://www.fishpool.com/~setok/
Dan
2003-09-19 23:43:08 UTC
Post by s***@fishpool.com
Interesting nonetheless (when I heard the NWA beat I was sitting for ages
trying to work out why it was familiar).
It could just be that Male or Female (and F242) go through so many
constant beat variations that they're just hitting upon these sounds by
coincidence. I mean, really, the last albums have been a constant state of
"we've got this fantastic hook and beat sequence but we're only going to run
with it for two bars because we've got a completely different and even
BETTER one coming up!" Genius or self-indulgence? I tend to think it's the
former.

Love Dan
Robert Paulsen
2003-09-20 06:24:00 UTC
I think that is often the case, but in the particular case I mentioned
(F242 and Click Click) it doesn't seem like that. Its not just a beat
or repetitive riff...its a more melodic bit and even the instrument
sound is basically the same. Its weird, Click Click is not one of
those bands people generally sample :-)

bureau13