Help! Looking for a necklace
threv
2003-07-09 19:27:59 UTC
Hey all, I've got a vague request. I'm looking for a place, preferably
online or around austin, tx, that would sell a type of necklace.

Way back in 97 I bought a necklace from a store called Uncle Sam's music in
Coral Springs, FL. It was a chain of interlocking links about 1 cm wide,
maybe half that thick. The holes in the links were a little under 1 cm in
diameter, probably about .5 cm, and were flat at each linking point so you
could lay it down on a table without the necklace wobbling. Woven within
the chain was a black strip, maybe leather maybe not. The chain wasn't
tight, but it wasn't very loose either.

I lost this necklace about 3 years ago and have been looking for a similar
type ever since. Nothing's turned up, and I'm hoping maybe someone here may
have some idea about where one might procure a similar type. The store I
got it from specialized in underground music, mainly industrial & the like,
so maybe someone knows what I"m talking about. For visual reference, see:

www.prism.gatech.edu/~gte648p/images/yaymaui.jpg

which is a really terrible picture for a reference, but it's the only one i
can find with some sort of idea of what i'm talking about that i've got
digitized & online.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the vauge request.

matt
Tina Louise Baumann
2004-05-25 17:48:06 UTC
Hi Matt,

That is quite an interesting request. I think I may be able to assist
you. BTW, I did like the photo of you, you look like a nice guy and
your pic & e-mail encouraged my response. Please visit a Northern
California Jewelry Designer named Phyll under the jewelry line EYESCREAM
JEWELRY. http://www.eyescreamjewelry.com/ She does custom work and may
be the person to assist you. I must say, her jewelry is the best I
have, which I have many unique pieces, and what I wear most frequently
and receive tons of compliments on.
-VNA http://www.virtualnightangel.com