Laiback Translations..
JD
2005-01-25 01:05:28 UTC
Is there a web page that translates Laibach lyrics into English?
JD..
Crudbreeder
2005-01-25 17:56:05 UTC
http://babelfish.altavista.com
JD
2005-01-26 00:04:05 UTC
Post by Crudbreeder
Post by JD
Is there a web page that translates Laibach lyrics into English?
http://babelfish.altavista.com
I'm familiar with the translator, but it doesn't work that well with
song lyrics. I need someone that speaks German and English.

There is a page where Rammstein lyrics are done this way. I was hoping
for a similiar page for Laibach.
JD..
Lech
2005-01-26 05:57:03 UTC
Post by JD
I need someone that speaks German and English.
You could always ask some of the really nice folks over @
Most of us are fluent in both of the above & more...

Yrs, &c. Lech

np: Laibach, "Reject or Breed"
To mail me, take out the trash.
JD
2005-01-26 14:03:43 UTC
Post by Lech
Post by JD
I need someone that speaks German and English.
I'm not familiar with the above "group". Is that a yahoo thing? Anyway
to get to the group using a newsreader like Mozilla?
JD..
Lech
2005-01-27 04:26:23 UTC
I'm not familiar with the above "group". Is that a yahoo thing? Anyway to
get to the group using a newsreader like Mozilla?
Yes, it is a 'Yahoo thing'. Members mainly communicate via its
mailing-list.

Yrs, &c. Lech
To mail me, take out the trash.
Locke
2005-01-26 12:07:41 UTC
Please let me quote JD...
|On 25-Jan-05 11:56, Crudbreeder wrote:
|> JD wrote:
|>>Is there a web page that translates Laibach lyrics into English?
|> http://babelfish.altavista.com
|
|I'm familiar with the translator, but it doesn't work that well with
|song lyrics. I need someone that speaks German and English.

I speak German and English (and a bit of Russian as well). But
translating song lyrics is a tricky business, and I'm not sure if I
could do a better job than babelfish in this department. Especially
translating Slovenian Laibach lyrics in any other language (including
Japanese).

|There is a page where Rammstein lyrics are done this way. I was hoping
|for a similiar page for Laibach.

Well, many Laibach albums contain translations on their inner sleeves
and booklets. The track "Panorama" even contains a spoken English
translation, "Leben heißt Leben" was a translation of the track "Opus
Dei (Life is Life)", "Geburt einer Nation" is a slightly altered
translation of the Queen track "One Vision".

If that's not enough, <http://www.gla.ac.uk/%7Edc4w/laibach/lyrics.html>
has an wide assortment of Laibach lyrics, including translations for the
Slovenian ones, but unfortunately the German or French lyrics were not
translated.

CU,
Locke

NP: Ultravox "Lament"
--
_ __ ___ _ __ ___ \\|||//
|____|\__/ \__\|_|\_\|___| \__=__/
| |
JD
2005-01-26 14:09:23 UTC
Post by Locke
Please let me quote JD...
|>>Is there a web page that translates Laibach lyrics into English?
|> http://babelfish.altavista.com
|
|I'm familiar with the translator, but it doesn't work that well with
|song lyrics. I need someone that speaks German and English.
I speak German and English (and a bit of Russian as well). But
translating song lyrics is a tricky business, and I'm not sure if I
could do a better job than babelfish in this department. Especially
translating Slovenian Laibach lyrics in any other language (including
Japanese).
I'll try babelfish on Tanz Mit Laibach.
Post by Locke
|There is a page where Rammstein lyrics are done this way. I was hoping
|for a similiar page for Laibach.
Well, many Laibach albums contain translations on their inner sleeves
and booklets. The track "Panorama" even contains a spoken English
translation, "Leben heißt Leben" was a translation of the track "Opus
Dei (Life is Life)", "Geburt einer Nation" is a slightly altered
translation of the Queen track "One Vision".
I never paid much attention to the cd case contents, so I'll take a look
there.
Post by Locke
If that's not enough, <http://www.gla.ac.uk/%7Edc4w/laibach/lyrics.html>
has an wide assortment of Laibach lyrics, including translations for the
Slovenian ones, but unfortunately the German or French lyrics were not
translated.
I didn't know they sang in Slovenian, I thought it was all German. All I
speak is English and as you may be able to tell, I don't do a good job
of that.

I'll look at the web page you gave. Thanks.
Post by Locke
CU,
Locke
NP: Ultravox "Lament"
JD..
Lech
2005-01-27 04:51:01 UTC
Post by JD
I'll try babelfish on Tanz Mit Laibach.
Tanz mit Laibach [Dance with Laibach]

WIR ALLE SIND BESESSEN
[We're all possessed]
WIR ALLE SIND VERFLUCHT
[We're all cursed]
WIR ALLE SIND GEKREUZIGT
[We're all crucified]
UND ALLE SIND KAPUTT
[and everyone is broken]

VON REIZTECHNOLOGIE
[By the technology of desire]
VON ZEITOEKONOMIE
[by the economy of time]
VON QUALITAET DES LEBENS
[by quality of life]
UND KRIEGSPHILOSOPHIE
[and war philosophy]

EINS, ZWEI, DREI, VIER
BRUEDERCHEN, KOMM TANZ MIT MIR
[Siebelings come dance with me]
1 - 2 - 3 - 4
BEIDE HAENDE REICH ICH DIR
[both my hands I stretch to thee]

EINS, ZWEI, DREI, VIER
MEINE FREUNDE, TANZ MIT MIR
[My friends dance with me]
1 - 2 - 3 - 4
RUNDHERUM, DAS IST NICHT SCHWER
[Dance around, it isn't difficult]

WIR TANZEN ADO HINKEL
[We're doing the 'Ado Hinkel']
BENZINO NAPOLONI
[The 'Benzino Napoloni']
WIR TANZEN SCHIEKELGRUEBER
[We're doing the 'Schiekelgruber']
UND TANZEN MIT MAITREYA
[and we dance with Maitreya]

MIT TOTALITARISMUS
[We dance with totalitarianism]
UND MIT DEMOKRATIE
[and with democracy]
WIR TANZEN MIT FASCHISMUS
[We dance with fascism]
UND ROTER ANARCHIE
[and red anarchy]

EINZ, ZWEI, DREI, VIER
KAMMERAD, KOMM TANZ MIT MIR
[Comrade, come dance with me]
1 - 2 - 3 - 4
BEIDE HANDE REICH ICH DIR
[both my hands I stretch to thee]

EINZ, ZWEI, DREI, VIER
DEUTCHES VOLK, KOMM TANZ MIT MIR
[Germans, come on, dance with me]
1 - 2 - 3 - 4
RUNDHERUM, DAS IST NICHT SCHWER
[Dance around, it isn't hard]

WIR TANZEN UND WIR SPRINGEN
[We dance and we jump]
WIR HUPFEN UND WIR SINGEN
[we leap and we sing]
WIR FALLEN UND ERHEBEN
[We fall and we rise]
WIR GEBEN ODER NEHMEN
[we give or we take]

AMERIKANO FREUNDE
[Friend Americano]
UND DEUTSCHER KAMERAD
[and German comrade]
WIR TANZEN GUT ZUSSAMEN
[We dance well together]
WIR TANZEN NACH BAGDAD
[we dance toward Baghdad]

Yrs, &c. Lech
JD
2005-01-27 13:39:53 UTC
Post by Lech
Post by JD
[...]
Thanks Lech..

I had started the process but wasn't having much luck.

We all are possessed
we all are verflucht
we all are gekreuzigt
we all are broken