Laibach: WAT Concert Tour
Kelly N
2003-09-06 12:22:52 UTC
Has anyone attended any of the new Laibach concerts? I am going to
Slovenia in October to see them in concert with a view to having them
come to Dublin and would like to hear people's opinions
Dan
2003-09-09 02:52:47 UTC
Post by Kelly N
Has anyone attended any of the new Laibach concerts? I am going to
Slovenia in October to see them in concert with a view to having them
come to Dublin and would like to hear people's opinions
I understand that this is not going to help, but if the concerts sound
*anything* like their brand new album, then I will commit various acts of
murder, arson and terrorism to see them. Of course what are the chances of
them coming to Australia? :(

Love Dan
building7
2003-09-10 08:39:26 UTC
Post by Dan
Post by Kelly N
Has anyone attended any of the new Laibach concerts? I am going to
Slovenia in October to see them in concert with a view to having them
come to Dublin and would like to hear people's opinions
I understand that this is not going to help, but if the concerts sound
*anything* like their brand new album, then I will commit various acts of
murder, arson and terrorism to see them. Of course what are the chances of
them coming to Australia? :(
Not very high unfortunately.

Still, murder, arson and terrorism might help. Perhaps hijack Laibach's
plane (terrorism), and upon arriving in Australia burn down the airport
(arson) thereby killing all the policemen (murder) so they can't arrest
you. That'd do it.

Just inform me first, so I can get a plane over from New Zealand
*before* you burn down the airport.
Anrik O'neill
2003-09-16 14:18:14 UTC
Post by Dan
I understand that this is not going to help, but if the concerts sound
*anything* like their brand new album, then I will commit various acts of
murder, arson and terrorism to see them. Of course what are the chances of
them coming to Australia? :(
I was something like 20 meters from the concert venue in Slovenia where
they held the first tour-like concert. I can reassure you the concert
sounds more or less like the new album (except for the old songs which
they also play).

AFAIK there will be far East tour, dunno if it includes Australia.
M. Sahlen
2003-09-10 11:15:21 UTC
Post by Kelly N
Has anyone attended any of the new Laibach concerts? I am going to
Slovenia in October to see them in concert with a view to having them
come to Dublin and would like to hear people's opinions
I saw them at the Electric Gathering festival in Stockholm, two weeks
ago. I didn't care much for it and left halfway through, but I don't
think my impressions represent those of the average attendee anyway.
Basically I think Laibach haven't done anything worthwhile since 'Opus
Dei' or so. I enjoyed the aesthetic aspect of the show, but else it
was just a bland rock'n'roll gig were they managed to butcher the DAF
classic "Alle gegen alle". But the kids seemed to enjoy it.

// Marten
Crudbreeder
2003-09-10 15:44:54 UTC
Post by M. Sahlen
Post by Kelly N
Has anyone attended any of the new Laibach concerts? I am going to
Slovenia in October to see them in concert with a view to having them
come to Dublin and would like to hear people's opinions
I saw them at the Electric Gathering festival in Stockholm, two weeks
ago. I didn't care much for it and left halfway through, but I don't
think my impressions represent those of the average attendee anyway.
Basically I think Laibach haven't done anything worthwhile since 'Opus
Dei' or so. I enjoyed the aesthetic aspect of the show, but else it
was just a bland rock'n'roll gig were they managed to butcher the DAF
classic "Alle gegen alle". But the kids seemed to enjoy it.
I didn't even bother to see them, I stayed downstairs watching Microman
instead :)

--
"I am SMP system but wine no fastest from mono procesor system, if wine
use
all prosesor or only one"
Soterro
2003-09-13 11:27:21 UTC
Post by M. Sahlen
I saw them at the Electric Gathering festival in Stockholm, two weeks
ago. I didn't care much for it and left halfway through, but I don't
think my impressions represent those of the average attendee anyway.
Basically I think Laibach haven't done anything worthwhile since 'Opus
Dei' or so. I enjoyed the aesthetic aspect of the show, but else it
was just a bland rock'n'roll gig were they managed to butcher the DAF
classic "Alle gegen alle". But the kids seemed to enjoy it.
Would that mean that you're listening only to brand new stuff? Top20
maybe? If I like something, I like to see it live. That's why I liked
when they played this year at WGT stuff from Jesus Christ Superstar,
so what if it was not new stuff, it is still good and well played
(unlike DAF or Klinik which sounded sooo oldies). Plus it's the whole
NSK behind them...
So, if the kids appreciate that, very good for them (although I highly
doubt their reasons are same as mine).

M. Sahlen

NP: Zoviet France - Garista
totojepast
2003-09-15 02:23:44 UTC
Is there any new Laibach lyrics available on the Web?
building7
2003-09-15 10:53:23 UTC
Post by totojepast
Is there any new Laibach lyrics available on the Web?
Not that I've found so far. Here's what I managed to decipher from B
Mashina though. Naturally since it's done by ear there may be one or two
words that aren't quite correct:

Only one day is left,
Only one day.
We are leaving the others,
We are going away.
The day we all steer,
Animals we are,
Possession is lost.
Our souls are from the world,
And wings to reach the sky.
Let the sun fall into the ocean,
Let the earth erupt in flame.
It is enough to have the strength and knowledge,
To raise our dream machines into the sky.
Let them sleep who do not know,
The final day is here.
The very last,
And we leave at dawn.
There is no force no money and no power to stop us now,
And change our fate.
Now every problem is destroyed,
We raise our hands and bodies to the peak.
Into the universe,
Towards the stars we go.

Machines, we are ascending to the skies above us all,
And leave behind those who don't know, on the final day,
We leave in sleep those who don't know, we leave at dawn,
We are driven by the B Machine,
Wild B Machine that never stops.

Machine! We are ascending to the skies, above us all,
And leave behind those who don't know, on the final day!
We leave in sleep those who don't know, and we leave at dawn,
We are driven by the B Machine that never stops!

Post if you think any of that is horribly wrong :)
Anrik O'neill
2003-09-16 14:33:24 UTC
Post by building7
Post by totojepast
Is there any new Laibach lyrics available on the Web?
Not that I've found so far. Here's what I managed to decipher from B
Mashina though. Naturally since it's done by ear there may be one or two
Actually the lyrics to B Mashina are written by Siddharta, Slovenian #1
rock band, and Laibach had made a remake which first appeared in
Slovenian version on album Silicon Delta. WAT version is a (very good)
English transliteration of the original lyrics. If you want to sample
some of the best Slovenian rock music, check out videos at
www.siddharta.net. Last I checked English version of B Mashina video was
available for download.
Post by building7
Only one day is left,
Only one day.
We are leaving the others,
We are going away.
The day we all steer,
Today we all steal
Post by building7
Machine! We are ascending to the skies, above us all,
Machines....
A good job!
Nikkou
2003-09-16 23:44:04 UTC
Post by Anrik O'neill
Post by building7
Post by totojepast
Is there any new Laibach lyrics available on the Web?
Not that I've found so far. Here's what I managed to decipher from B
Mashina though. Naturally since it's done by ear there may be one or two
Actually the lyrics to B Mashina are written by Siddharta, Slovenian #1
rock band, and Laibach had made a remake which first appeared in
Slovenian version on album Silicon Delta. WAT version is a (very good)
English transliteration of the original lyrics. If you want to sample
some of the best Slovenian rock music, check out videos at
www.siddharta.net. Last I checked English version of B Mashina video was
available for download.
It's still there. Really interesting site too! :)
--
Nikkou <***@mail.com>
Diverse Musings: http://reimeika.ca/nikkou/