I hereby claim this tumbleweed
Boris T. Wayne
2007-07-31 19:28:52 UTC
Nothing. Nowt. Nada. Desperandum et mortis.

Other than an invite to somewhere I don't know.

I've never squatted a rec froup before. Is there a FAQ?

My first proclamation: I decree that thou shalt listen to Lynx And Ram, and
enjoy them. But are they industrial?
--
There are many copies, and they have a plan.
Usenet Sanitary Squad ID 128DB.
Smeeter #40 MHM 35x7 BTWH 5.0.
mimus
Let there be throbbing.
Boris T. Wayne
2007-08-01 10:08:32 UTC
Post by mimus
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Nothing. Nowt. Nada. Desperandum et mortis.
Other than an invite to somewhere I don't know.
I've never squatted a rec froup before. Is there a FAQ?
My first proclamation: I decree that thou shalt listen to Lynx And Ram, and
enjoy them. But are they industrial?
Or are they goth?
Definite shades of goth, but the vocals remind me very much of X-Ray Spex,
which makes them Goth Electro-Punk, I think. The main tags on last.fm are
"electro", "indie", and "crossover".

Do you like "The System's On And It's Flashing Red", then, Mr. Mimus?
Smeeter #40 MHM 35x7 BTWH 5.0.
mimus
2007-08-01 20:50:14 UTC
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Nothing. Nowt. Nada. Desperandum et mortis.
Other than an invite to somewhere I don't know.
I've never squatted a rec froup before. Is there a FAQ?
My first proclamation: I decree that thou shalt listen to Lynx And Ram, and
enjoy them. But are they industrial?
Or are they goth?
Definite shades of goth, but the vocals remind me very much of X-Ray Spex,
which makes them Goth Electro-Punk, I think. The main tags on last.fm are
"electro", "indie", and "crossover".
That was, like, an ancient in-joke.

Nevah mind.
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Do you like "The System's On And It's Flashing Red", then, Mr. Mimus?
Who what?
Let there be throbbing.
Boris T. Wayne
2007-08-01 22:54:30 UTC
Post by mimus
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Nothing. Nowt. Nada. Desperandum et mortis.
Other than an invite to somewhere I don't know.
I've never squatted a rec froup before. Is there a FAQ?
My first proclamation: I decree that thou shalt listen to Lynx And Ram, and
enjoy them. But are they industrial?
Or are they goth?
Definite shades of goth, but the vocals remind me very much of X-Ray Spex,
which makes them Goth Electro-Punk, I think. The main tags on last.fm are
"electro", "indie", and "crossover".
That was, like, an ancient in-joke.
Nevah mind.
Now I know, I understand. I'm only 13, remember.
Post by mimus
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Do you like "The System's On And It's Flashing Red", then, Mr. Mimus?
Who what?
A Canadian guitarist you might possibly like ran into a freaky vocalist in a
night club. They fucked mightily and produced an excellent album which sounds
like the mutant offspring of Android Lust, X-Ray Spex, and John Frusciante.
Smeeter #40 MHM 35x7 BTWH 5.0.
mimus
2007-08-02 01:17:22 UTC
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Do you like "The System's On And It's Flashing Red", then, Mr. Mimus?
Who what?
A Canadian guitarist you might possibly like ran into a freaky vocalist in a
night club. They fucked mightily and produced an excellent album which sounds
like the mutant offspring of Android Lust, X-Ray Spex, and John Frusciante.
You're trying to turn me into a country fan, aren't you?
Let there be throbbing.
Boris T. Wayne
2007-08-02 10:46:41 UTC
Post by mimus
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Do you like "The System's On And It's Flashing Red", then, Mr. Mimus?
Who what?
A Canadian guitarist you might possibly like ran into a freaky vocalist in a
night club. They fucked mightily and produced an excellent album which sounds
like the mutant offspring of Android Lust, X-Ray Spex, and John Frusciante.
You're trying to turn me into a country fan, aren't you?
Unfair.

Of you to mention such a loathesome noise, that is.
Smeeter #40 MHM 35x7 BTWH 5.0.
mimus
2007-08-02 15:42:36 UTC
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Do you like "The System's On And It's Flashing Red", then, Mr. Mimus?
Who what?
A Canadian guitarist you might possibly like ran into a freaky vocalist in a
night club. They fucked mightily and produced an excellent album which sounds
like the mutant offspring of Android Lust, X-Ray Spex, and John Frusciante.
You're trying to turn me into a country fan, aren't you?
Unfair.
Of you to mention such a loathesome noise, that is.
*boing*-boing *boing*-boing . . . .
Let there be throbbing.
Boris T. Wayne
2007-08-02 18:51:22 UTC
Post by mimus
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Do you like "The System's On And It's Flashing Red", then, Mr. Mimus?
Who what?
A Canadian guitarist you might possibly like ran into a freaky vocalist in a
night club. They fucked mightily and produced an excellent album which sounds
like the mutant offspring of Android Lust, X-Ray Spex, and John Frusciante.
You're trying to turn me into a country fan, aren't you?
Unfair.
Of you to mention such a loathesome noise, that is.
*boing*-boing *boing*-boing . . . .
Makes a change from "fap fap fap".
Smeeter #40 MHM 35x7 BTWH 5.0.
Korin
2007-08-01 08:12:16 UTC
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Nothing. Nowt. Nada. Desperandum et mortis.
Other than an invite to somewhere I don't know.
I've never squatted a rec froup before. Is there a FAQ?
Possibly. Ironic that I lurk for a week and then find out that the group is
dead. Squat away, I need educating about good industrial music, so I'll lurk
a bit more. ;)

Korin
(a spy from alt.gothic? Surely not)
Boris T. Wayne
2007-08-01 10:10:53 UTC
Post by Korin
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Nothing. Nowt. Nada. Desperandum et mortis.
Other than an invite to somewhere I don't know.
I've never squatted a rec froup before. Is there a FAQ?
Possibly. Ironic that I lurk for a week and then find out that the group is
dead. Squat away, I need educating about good industrial music, so I'll lurk
a bit more. ;)
No point in lurking, everyone will just think the froup's dead. And don't
expect me to educate you -- a lot of it is also new to me.
Post by Korin
Korin
(a spy from alt.gothic? Surely not)
Is that dead too?
Smeeter #40 MHM 35x7 BTWH 5.0.
Korin
2007-08-01 13:24:33 UTC
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by Korin
Post by Boris T. Wayne
I've never squatted a rec froup before. Is there a FAQ?
Possibly. Ironic that I lurk for a week and then find out that the group
is dead. Squat away, I need educating about good industrial music, so I'll
lurk a bit more. ;)
No point in lurking, everyone will just think the froup's dead. And don't
expect me to educate you -- a lot of it is also new to me.
True. I guess I'll just pretend I know what everyone (myself included) is
talking about. :)
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by Korin
Korin
(a spy from alt.gothic? Surely not)
Is that dead too?
"Undead, undead, undead", I believe would be the answer. But judging by the
3000 posts I've missed in the past two months or so, no, it's still going.

Korin
Boris T. Wayne
2007-08-01 13:51:16 UTC
Post by Korin
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by Korin
Post by Boris T. Wayne
I've never squatted a rec froup before. Is there a FAQ?
Possibly. Ironic that I lurk for a week and then find out that the group
is dead. Squat away, I need educating about good industrial music, so I'll
lurk a bit more. ;)
No point in lurking, everyone will just think the froup's dead. And don't
expect me to educate you -- a lot of it is also new to me.
True. I guess I'll just pretend I know what everyone (myself included) is
talking about. :)
It's Usenet. It's The Way.
Post by Korin
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by Korin
Korin
(a spy from alt.gothic? Surely not)
Is that dead too?
"Undead, undead, undead"
No, that's Bela Lugosi.

Oh bugger, have I just fallen out of the Goth closet?
Post by Korin
I believe would be the answer. But judging by the
3000 posts I've missed in the past two months or so, no, it's still going.
OMG, so I see. Looks like they have quite a party going on in there. Where's
all the angst and misery gone?
Smeeter #40 MHM 35x7 BTWH 5.0.
mimus
2007-08-01 20:48:39 UTC
Post by Korin
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Nothing. Nowt. Nada. Desperandum et mortis.
Other than an invite to somewhere I don't know.
I've never squatted a rec froup before. Is there a FAQ?
Possibly. Ironic that I lurk for a week and then find out that the group is
dead. Squat away, I need educating about good industrial music, so I'll lurk
a bit more. ;)
Go browse the Metropolis site . . . .

Also, there's industrial-bible.com and industrial.org for reviews old and
new.

Wikipedia has many nice entries on groups with discographies and even does
some nice juggling with the genres, although that way lies madness.

And if you've been lurking here you probably saw _my_ recent "faves" list
crossposted here from the Flonk, so, hey.
Post by Korin
Korin
(a spy from alt.gothic? Surely not)
GOTH ALERT
Let there be throbbing.
Boris T. Wayne
2007-08-01 22:57:41 UTC
Post by mimus
Post by Korin
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Nothing. Nowt. Nada. Desperandum et mortis.
Other than an invite to somewhere I don't know.
I've never squatted a rec froup before. Is there a FAQ?
Possibly. Ironic that I lurk for a week and then find out that the group is
dead. Squat away, I need educating about good industrial music, so I'll lurk
a bit more. ;)
Go browse the Metropolis site . . . .
Go browse mp3sugar.com instead. They're much cheaper.
Post by mimus
GOTH ALERT
Problem? Trent Reznor dresses in black.
Smeeter #40 MHM 35x7 BTWH 5.0.
mimus
2007-08-02 01:18:18 UTC
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
Post by mimus
GOTH ALERT
Problem? Trent Reznor dresses in black.
Screw NIN.

Wniny Gen-X crap.
Let there be throbbing.
Boris T. Wayne
2007-08-02 10:47:42 UTC
Post by mimus
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
Post by mimus
GOTH ALERT
Problem? Trent Reznor dresses in black.
Screw NIN.
Wniny Gen-X crap.
Noted. It's been 15 years or more, but I don't think I liked NIN much, either.
Smeeter #40 MHM 35x7 BTWH 5.0.
mimus
2007-08-02 17:52:14 UTC
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
Post by mimus
GOTH ALERT
Problem? Trent Reznor dresses in black.
Screw NIN.
Wniny Gen-X crap.
Noted. It's been 15 years or more, but I don't think I liked NIN much, either.
That Laether Strip/The Rebirth of Agony block I list in my favorites does
the NIN style much better than NIN . . . .

(I can't believe I misspeeled "whiny" above. Although it's almost
appropriate, as a conflation of "whiny" and "Nineties".)
Let there be throbbing.
Boris T. Wayne
2007-08-02 18:55:04 UTC
Post by mimus
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
Post by mimus
GOTH ALERT
Problem? Trent Reznor dresses in black.
Screw NIN.
Wniny Gen-X crap.
Noted. It's been 15 years or more, but I don't think I liked NIN much, either.
That Laether Strip/The Rebirth of Agony block I list in my favorites does
the NIN style much better than NIN . . . .
Are they better than Ass^H^H^HNeuroticfish?

I just noticed I'm sat here nodding my fucking head and twitching my toes
like some kind of deranged metal freak.
Post by mimus
(I can't believe I misspeeled "whiny" above. Although it's almost
appropriate, as a conflation of "whiny" and "Nineties".)
I hadn't noticed until you pointed it out. You're forgiven.
Smeeter #40 MHM 35x7 BTWH 5.0.
mimus
2007-08-02 19:14:22 UTC
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
Post by mimus
GOTH ALERT
Problem? Trent Reznor dresses in black.
Screw NIN.
Wniny Gen-X crap.
Noted. It's been 15 years or more, but I don't think I liked NIN much, either.
That Laether Strip/The Rebirth of Agony block I list in my favorites does
the NIN style much better than NIN . . . .
Are they better than Ass^H^H^HNeuroticfish?
Nevah heard of 'im. Although I hear he's just like A23. Although _which_
A23 deponent knoweth not.
Post by Boris T. Wayne
I just noticed I'm sat here nodding my fucking head and twitching my
toes like some kind of deranged metal freak.
As long as you don't drool and talk to yerself in public, you're OK.

(I do the last one.)
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
(I can't believe I misspeeled "whiny" above. Although it's almost
appropriate, as a conflation of "whiny" and "Nineties".)
I hadn't noticed until you pointed it out. You're forgiven.
Guess I shouldn't've wnined about it.
Let there be throbbing.
Boris T. Wayne
2007-08-02 22:39:17 UTC
Post by mimus
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
Post by mimus
GOTH ALERT
Problem? Trent Reznor dresses in black.
Screw NIN.
Wniny Gen-X crap.
Noted. It's been 15 years or more, but I don't think I liked NIN much, either.
That Laether Strip/The Rebirth of Agony block I list in my favorites does
the NIN style much better than NIN . . . .
Are they better than Ass^H^H^HNeuroticfish?
Nevah heard of 'im. Although I hear he's just like A23. Although _which_
A23 deponent knoweth not.
Go download it. Honest. I'm trying to help here.
Post by mimus
Post by Boris T. Wayne
I just noticed I'm sat here nodding my fucking head and twitching my
toes like some kind of deranged metal freak.
As long as you don't drool and talk to yerself in public, you're OK.
(I do the last one.)
OK, so you've got a hands-free mobe. Big deal.
Post by mimus
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
(I can't believe I misspeeled "whiny" above. Although it's almost
appropriate, as a conflation of "whiny" and "Nineties".)
I hadn't noticed until you pointed it out. You're forgiven.
Guess I shouldn't've wnined about it.
I just asked my MP3 player to give me NIN. "All The Love In The World" it
came up with. You're rite.
Smeeter #40 MHM 35x7 BTWH 5.0.
Korin
2007-08-02 13:56:27 UTC
Post by mimus
Post by Korin
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Nothing. Nowt. Nada. Desperandum et mortis.
Other than an invite to somewhere I don't know.
I've never squatted a rec froup before. Is there a FAQ?
Possibly. Ironic that I lurk for a week and then find out that the group is
dead. Squat away, I need educating about good industrial music, so I'll lurk
a bit more. ;)
Go browse the Metropolis site . . . .
Also, there's industrial-bible.com and industrial.org for reviews old and
new.
Cheers, I'll make sure to give them a look. :)
Post by mimus
Wikipedia has many nice entries on groups with discographies and even does
some nice juggling with the genres, although that way lies madness.
"What is industrial?" ;)
Post by mimus
And if you've been lurking here you probably saw _my_ recent "faves" list
crossposted here from the Flonk, so, hey.
I'd only been lurking a few days (didn't seem like much was going on to lurk
around), so I think I must have missed that, sadly.
Post by mimus
Post by Korin
Korin
(a spy from alt.gothic? Surely not)
GOTH ALERT
/me hides behind a wall of garage rock, dub reggae and Beach Boys
compilations

Korin
(there's no hope for me, is there? I'll put Suicide on repeat until I learn
;))
mimus
2007-08-02 15:51:58 UTC
Post by Korin
Post by mimus
Post by mimus
And if you've been lurking here you probably saw _my_ recent "faves" list
crossposted here from the Flonk, so, hey.
I'd only been lurking a few days (didn't seem like much was going on to lurk
around), so I think I must have missed that, sadly.
Jeez.

Leaving aside the question of how few download options you have on yer
newsreader, there's Google Groups (assuming they haven't dropped that
post, or most posts here, or the group, depending on mood, apparently),
but see below anyway.
Post by Korin
Post by mimus
Post by Korin
Korin
(a spy from alt.gothic? Surely not)
GOTH ALERT
/me hides behind a wall of garage rock, dub reggae and Beach Boys
compilations
Korin
(there's no hope for me, is there? I'll put Suicide on repeat until I learn
;))
Let there be You-Know-What:

Covenant/ Dreams of a Cryotank (Metropolis)(1999)/ "Speed", "Cryotank
Expansion" and "Edge of Dawn" (35:45)

Covenant/ Sequencer (1999)(Metropolis)/ "Liquid Sky", "Slow Motion",
("Stalker",) "Tabula Rasa" and "Babel" (20:43(26:11))

Covenant/ Northern Light (2002)(Metropolis) / "Winter Comes", "Bullet",
"We Want Revolution", "Atlas" and "Rising Sun" (25:57)

Covenant/ Skyshaper (Metropolis)(2006)/ "Spindrift", "20 Hz", "Sweet and
Salty", "Greater than the Sun" and "The World Is Growing Loud" (28:28)

Din Fiv/ Infinity (1996)(SINless/Metropolis)/ "Terminal Condition", "Piss
Christ (v 2.0)", "Control Group" and "Let It Go" (21:47)

Download/ The Eyes of Stanley Pain (1996)(Nettwerk)/ "Glassblower", "Seven
Plagues", "Sidewinder", "Collision" and "Base Metal" (27:48)

Electro Assassin/ Bioculture (1994)(Pendragon/Metropolis)/ "Haywire",
"Heavy Unit", "Ultrafear", "F-Zero" and "Terminal Choice" (29:53)

Electro Assassin/ The Divine Invasion (1995)(Cyber-Tec/SPV/Synthetic
Symphony)/ "Bodyhammer", "Voyager", "Dreamweb" and "Beyond Salvation"
(26:35)

Front 242/ Front by Front (1992)(Epic)/ "Until Death (Do Us Part)",
"Felines", "Circling Overland", "Headhunter" and "Welcome to Paradise"
(22:59)

Front 242/ Tyranny for You (1991)(Sony)/ "Sacrifice", "The Untold",
"Neurobashing" and "Soul Manager" (20:00)

Front 242/ (Fuck) Up Evil (1993)(Sony/ Epic)/ "Skin", "Motion", "Fuel",
Hymn", "Flag" and "Skin" (24:20)

Front 242/ (Evil) Off (1993)(Sony)/ "Genecide", "Modern Angel", "Serial
Killers Never Kill Their Girlfriend" and "Crushed" (23:19)

Haujobb/ Freeze Frame Reality (1995)(Pendragon/ Offbeat)/ "Trivial",
"Perfect Average" and "Sensor" (22:20)

Haujobb/ Solutions for a Small Planet (1996)(Metropolis/ Offbeat)/ "The
Cage Complex", ("Nature's Interface",) "Depths", "Distance", "Clockwise"
and "The Cage Complex" again (27:38(32:50))

Haujobb/ ninetynine (1999)(Metropolis)/ "overflow", "cutedge", "creator",
"x-flow", "less" and "grounds" (33:28)

Heavy Water Factory/ Author of Pain (1997)(Energy Records)/"Alone",
"Strange", "Connected", "The Individual", "Revenge" and "Vampire" (26:33)

Laether Strip/ The Rebirth of Agony (Cleopatra)(1997)/ "the edge of
anger", "how do I know?", "my mind is my master", "lies to tell", "switch
on/switch off" and "make my blood boil" (31:32)

Mark 13/ Survival (1994)(Linear)/ "Neuritis", "Strategem", "Cyber Christ",
"Turbulence" and "Instability" (22:17)

Mentallo and the Fixer/ Where Angels Fear to Tread (no date)(Zoth Ommog/
Metropolis)/ "Power Struggle", "Abominations Unleashed", "Decomposed",
"Atom Smasher", "Bring to a Boil" and "Sacrilege (Grimpen Ward)" (35:47)

Mentallo and the Fixer/ Burnt beyond Recognition (1997)(Metropolis)/
"Abandon All Hope", "Other World Technology", "Mother of Harlots" and
"False Prophets" (30:14)

Plastic Noise Experience/ -196 C (1994)(Van Richter/ KK)/ "Spying Views",
"Plugged", "Inter Space", "Synthesis" and "Last Regression" (21:30)

Skinny Puppy/ Mind: The Perpetual Intercourse (Capitol)(1986)/ "One Time
One Place", "Burnt with Water", "200 Years", "Deepdown Trama Hounds" and
"Antagonism" (30:44)

Skinny Puppy/ Rabies (1989)(Nettwerk)/ "Rodent", "Hexonxonx", "Amputate",
"Rivers", "Worlock" and "Two Time Grime" (30:50)

Skinny Puppy/ Too Dark Park (1990)(Nettwerk)/ "Tormentor", "Grave Wisdom",
"Rash Reflection", "Shore Lined Poison" and "Nature's Revenge" (20:34)

Skinny Puppy/ Last Rights (1991)(Nettwerk)/ "Love in Vein", "Riverzend",
"Knowhere", "Circustance" and "Mirror Saw" (25:02)

Skinny Puppy/ The Greater Wrong of the Right (2004)(Synthetic Symphony)/
"I'mmortal", "Goneja", "EmpTe", "Ghostman" and "Use Less" (23:34)

Thine Eyes/ Christian Sex Loops (1998)(Doppler Effect)/ "House Parts",
"The Celibate", "Count (amendments 3)", "Vaseline Machine" and
"Uncomplication" (28:25)

X-Marks the Pedwalk/ Abattoir (1995)(Cleopatra)/ "Dependence", "Solitude",
"Helpless (Depressed mix)", "Danger" and "Abortion" (22:26)

I'm missing my Android Lust blocks (four releases), other than my beloved
best-of block from her,

Android Lust/ Best of/ "Heathen (A Thousand Thoughts)"[1]; "Stained"[2];
"Sense of It All"[4]; "Spine"[1]; "Refuse"[1]; "The Want
(Existence/Nonexistence)"[3]; and "Fall to Fragments"[2] (33:50)

[1] _Resolution_ (Tinman)(1997)
[2] _The Dividing_ (Synthellec/Projekt)(2002)
[3] _Stripped and Stitched_ (Synthellec/Projekt)(2004)(remixes)
[4] _Devour, Rise and Take Flight_ (Synthellec/Projekt)(2006)

Also F242's _Pulse_ (never have been able to settle on a block from it--
too much music, I think!); Frontline Assembly's _Tactical Neural Implant_
and _Hard Wired_; Laether Strip's _Underneath the Laughter_; and three
Informatik releases.

If anyone has any tips on releases that would fit well with the above,
_please please please_ chip in!
Let there be _throbbing_.
Korin
2007-08-02 16:41:21 UTC
Post by Korin
/me hides behind a wall of garage rock, dub reggae and Beach Boys
compilations
Korin
(there's no hope for me, is there? I'll put Suicide on repeat until I learn
;))
<snip>

Very much appreciated. Education begins now. :)

Korin
(Pleased to see Front 242 in there, now to find my Never Stop! 12")
mimus
2007-08-02 19:09:22 UTC
Post by Korin
Post by Korin
/me hides behind a wall of garage rock, dub reggae and Beach Boys
compilations
Korin
(there's no hope for me, is there? I'll put Suicide on repeat until I learn
;))
<snip>
Very much appreciated. Education begins now. :)
Korin
(Pleased to see Front 242 in there, now to find my Never Stop! 12")
I forgot to mention Snog, too.

(I had and rather liked his _Third Mall from the Sun_-- lost my collection
in a housefire-- haven't replaced it, yet, if it's even still available.)

And FLA's live album _Live Wired_ is worth picking up on if only for the
world-ending power-arrangement of "Bio-Mechanic".)
Let there be throbbing.
Boris T. Wayne
2007-08-02 22:41:38 UTC
Post by mimus
I forgot to mention Snog, too.
Noted, and kinda expected. I'll avoid wasting my time reviewing anything
American.
Smeeter #40 MHM 35x7 BTWH 5.0.
mimus
2007-08-02 23:54:26 UTC
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
I forgot to mention Snog, too.
Noted, and kinda expected. I'll avoid wasting my time reviewing anything
American.
You mean like Mentallo, Informatik/Din Fiv, Heavy Water Factory and Mark
13? <slap>

(Well, OK, there was only one album released by the last, but it was a
doozie.)

Or do you mean Snog? he's from Oz.

Speaking of American groups, I forgot to mention My Life with the Thrill
Kill Kult, too, but _Confessions of a Knife_ is the only one I've replaced.

Nitzer Ebb (not American, UK). How could I forget them? I've actually
got and cherish _That Total Age_ (that one oughta be raw enough for ya),
and want to replace too at the very least the one with "TWA" on it,
whichever one that was (_Belief_, IIRC), although I think probably their
best club hit was "Lightning Man", off _Showtime_ ("And then there was
'Godhead' ").

*Tra*-la-la . . . .
Let there be throbbing.
Boris T. Wayne
2007-08-03 10:45:57 UTC
Post by mimus
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
I forgot to mention Snog, too.
Noted, and kinda expected. I'll avoid wasting my time reviewing anything
American.
You mean like Mentallo, Informatik/Din Fiv, Heavy Water Factory and Mark
13? <slap>
(Well, OK, there was only one album released by the last, but it was a
doozie.)
Call me a weirdo, but one of the greatest pleasures in my chained-to-a-desk
existence is suggesting new music to someone and having them enjoy it. I
think I picked the wrong target -- because of the "new", not the "enjoy".
Post by mimus
Or do you mean Snog? he's from Oz.
Yeah, but doesn't he operate his Black Lungs from the US?
Post by mimus
Speaking of American groups, I forgot to mention My Life with the Thrill
Kill Kult, too, but _Confessions of a Knife_ is the only one I've replaced.
I always thought they were some kind of goth/punk outfit.

Why am I listening to Nurse With Wound? Hmm, not as bad as I remember.

My head hurts. Caffiene, preferably intravenous...
Smeeter #40 MHM 35x7 BTWH 5.0.
mimus
2007-08-03 16:47:47 UTC
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
Post by mimus
Or do you mean Snog? he's from Oz.
Yeah, but doesn't he operate his Black Lungs from the US?
I dunno. New one on me. Although I vaguely recall that side-project, now
that you mention it.
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
Speaking of American groups, I forgot to mention My Life with the Thrill
Kill Kult, too, but _Confessions of a Knife_ is the only one I've replaced.
I always thought they were some kind of goth/punk outfit.
They do throb.
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Why am I listening to Nurse With Wound? Hmm, not as bad as I remember.
My head hurts. Caffiene, preferably intravenous...
Yep.

<slurp>
Let there be throbbing, but not in the head, and coffee.
Boris T. Wayne
2007-08-03 18:53:35 UTC
Post by mimus
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
Post by mimus
Or do you mean Snog? he's from Oz.
Yeah, but doesn't he operate his Black Lungs from the US?
I dunno. New one on me. Although I vaguely recall that side-project, now
that you mention it.
I think "David Thrussel's Black Lung" are his main identity -- at least
in terms of output.

Know any Slovenian bands? Got one here well worth my time.

<does little sat-down muppet dance>
Smeeter #40 MHM 35x7 BTWH 5.0.
mimus
2007-08-03 19:27:25 UTC
<
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
Post by mimus
Or do you mean Snog? he's from Oz.
Yeah, but doesn't he operate his Black Lungs from the US?
I dunno. New one on me. Although I vaguely recall that side-project, now
that you mention it.
I think "David Thrussel's Black Lung" are his main identity -- at least
in terms of output.
Know any Slovenian bands? Got one here well worth my time.
<does little sat-down muppet dance>
One of the Haujobb d00ds has a name that makes one think he or his family
is from down that way . . . .
Let there be throbbing.
Boris T. Wayne
2007-08-03 22:49:37 UTC
Post by mimus
<
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
Post by mimus
Or do you mean Snog? he's from Oz.
Yeah, but doesn't he operate his Black Lungs from the US?
I dunno. New one on me. Although I vaguely recall that side-project, now
that you mention it.
I think "David Thrussel's Black Lung" are his main identity -- at least
in terms of output.
Know any Slovenian bands? Got one here well worth my time.
<does little sat-down muppet dance>
One of the Haujobb d00ds has a name that makes one think he or his family
is from down that way . . . .
I translate that as a "no".

Honest, darling, I'm just trying to pleasure you.
Smeeter #40 MHM 35x7 BTWH 5.0.
mimus
2007-08-11 02:47:45 UTC
Post by mimus
Also F242's _Pulse_ (never have been able to settle on a block from it--
too much music, I think!); Frontline Assembly's _Tactical Neural Implant_
and _Hard Wired_; Laether Strip's _Underneath the Laughter_; and three
Informatik releases.
OK, here's one-a the missin' FLA blocks.

I'm critical of Leeb, and stand by that criticism, that he's gruesomely
prolific of underworked, even thin, releases and pieces, but there's no
doubt in my mind that this release and block are classics of the genre:

Front Line Assembly/ Tactical Neural Implant (1992)(Third Mind Records)/
"The Blade", "Mindphaser", "Outcast", "Gun" and "Bio-Mechanic" (28:06)

The release is lightly, er, "orchestrated", especially compared to the
end-of-the-world power-arrangements of _Live Wired_, especially of what I
consider his best song ever, "Bio-Mechanic", and maybe "Gun" coming second
(my head is still reverberating from running this block loud in the
'phones a coupla times), leading me to occasionally characterize this
release as "electro-EBM-'n'-roll", but it gets heavy as you head on into
"Gun" and "Bio-Mechanic", no doubt!

(More block-fills a-comin'. RSN. Heh.)
Let there be throbbing.
Boris T. Wayne
2007-08-15 23:03:58 UTC
Post by mimus
Post by mimus
[...]
I just wanted you to know that I feel vaguely guilty because I'm listening
to Fictional instead.
Smeeter #40 MHM 35x7 BTWH 5.0.
mimus
Let there be throbbing.
Per
2007-08-15 04:48:09 UTC
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Nothing. Nowt. Nada. Desperandum et mortis.
Other than an invite to somewhere I don't know.
I've never squatted a rec froup before. Is there a FAQ?
My first proclamation: I decree that thou shalt listen to Lynx And Ram, and
enjoy them. But are they industrial?
You look familiar, have I seen you before?

-Per
Boris T. Wayne
2007-08-15 16:04:18 UTC
Post by Per
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Nothing. Nowt. Nada. Desperandum et mortis.
Other than an invite to somewhere I don't know.
I've never squatted a rec froup before. Is there a FAQ?
My first proclamation: I decree that thou shalt listen to Lynx And Ram, and
enjoy them. But are they industrial?
You look familiar, have I seen you before?
Yup.
--
Come on join the dereliction _________________________________
Don't you hesitate /\ \

Ah aaaaHHHH ahh. Duh, duh duh, duh duh-duh duh. Meow. Meow! Meow! Meow!