Open Discussion until October 11th
buzzgun
2007-09-27 17:29:32 UTC
Hi, I am a regular lurker type. Just saw Combichrist and Haujobb in
Atlanta at the Masq. I have lots of favorites and viewed with
interest the recent posting and discussion about definitive blocks
from bands like Haujobb, Front 242, Skinny Puppy, Android Lust,
Assemblage 23, Covenant, X Marks the Pedwalk, Electro Assassin*, Din
Fiv* and Download. (*new to me). Would Terrorfakt, Soman, Ascii
Disko, Converter make your list?

I have a 2-3hr radio show coming up Oct 12th. Its Alumni weekend,
college radio. Real radio rocks. Shout out to F2, Sats 10pm-midnight
est, www.wcsb.org in Cleveland, OH.

How about sharing your suggestions for other definitive, favorites,
overtly political, sample notable or otherwise stupid (Burger
Perfect?, mashups Gwen Stefani vs Headhunter?). I think safe harbour
is not applied so I will have to *bleep* the FCC dirty seven (The
original seven words were, shit, piss, fuck, cunt, cocksucker, mother-
fucker, and tits.) Explicit drug references and sex references will
have to modified as well, but I aim to dishonor the general population
and be as mischievous and misbehaved as possible. I also have a soft
spot for scifi movies btw.

!thanks!
mimus
2007-09-27 20:08:41 UTC
Post by buzzgun
Just saw Combichrist and Haujobb in
Atlanta at the Masq.
Don't know Combichrist (seen the name, just don't know the music).

How were Haujobb?

And how was the show in general?
Let there be throbbing.
buzzgun
2007-10-02 20:06:55 UTC
Post by mimus
How were Haujobb?
And how was the show in general?
Haujobb was fuperb. Daniel's singing vascillated between screaming
Combichrist style and his more loveable crooning. I think he coverd
Laibach. Does the line "Du hast, Du hast ich" ring a bell? He must
have brought that chorus into the mix three different times. He had
two large drums set up and he went between those and stage forward.
He was really into it, kept saying it was the last song, swinging the
mic stand like a phallus and everyone really had a great time. The
Masq is a fine venue for a show in general.

On another topic, I have the impression that Velvet Acid Christ and
Funker Vogt have been panned and lambasted on this group heavily over
the years. Is that so? Are they known for some infamous suckage I'm
unaware of?

-buzz
mimus
2007-09-27 20:09:40 UTC
Post by buzzgun
Would Terrorfakt, Soman, Ascii
Disko, Converter make your list?
<scratch>

Do any of 'em throb?
Let there be throbbing.
buzzgun
2007-10-03 13:02:56 UTC
So, I wondered if anyone would point out strong songs showing
judicious use of samples versus an example of song bloated by
samples. Wumpscut? :)

Thx, buzz