Top Alternative Songs Used In Commercials
BFG
2003-12-31 18:32:27 UTC
-

These days we hear better music during
the commercials while watching MTV.

song title--artist--commercial:

I Don't Want To Grow Up--Descendents--Ford
Blitzkrieg Bop--The Ramones--Nissan Pathfinder
She Sells Sanctuary--The Cult---Ford Mustang
Carolyn's Fingers- --Cocteau Twins--Honda
Athol-Brose--Cocteau Twins--Mitsubishi
Cherry-Coloured Funk--Cocteau Twins--Toyota

Sweetness and Light--Lush--Volkswagen Passat
It's Gonna Rain--Violent Femmes--Mercedes
Roman P--Psychic TV--Volkswagen
What Do I Get?--Buzzcocks--Toyota
How Soon Is Now?--Smiths--Nissan
Love Dance--Minutemen--Volvo S40

Go!--Tones On Tail--Dockers
Undertow--Lush--Levi's
I'm Free--Soup Dragons--AT&T Personal Network
Song of the Siren--This Mortal Coil-- Noa Perfume
Real Wild Child--Iggy Pop--FTD
Passenger--Iggy Pop--Guinness
Lust for Life--Iggy Pop--Mitsubishi

Been Caught Stealing--Jane's Addiction--Grand Theft Auto
If I Had a Million Dollars--Barenaked ladies--Powerball
All the Things She Said--Simple Minds--Verizon
Whip It--Devo--Cool Whip
Accidents Will Happen--Elvis Costello-- Depends
Even Better Than the Real Thing--U2--Pepsi
Tempted--Squeeze--Fruit of the Loom

--
bobby goblin

the official sex object of alt.punk

( http://members.iglou.com/lyons )
Todd Clayton
2003-12-31 20:08:29 UTC
Post by BFG
These days we hear better music during
the commercials while watching MTV.
Yeah, but you missed the best of all. Anger Impulse by Hate Dept. was
used in a tampon commercial.
--
+---------------------------------+--------------------------------+
| Todd Clayton aka DJ Todd | Real Synthetic Audio |
will he ever receive either. " - Benjamin Franklin
MistressDeath
2004-01-01 16:26:02 UTC
Post by BFG
-
[...]
Wow. I missed so many of them. For once I regret just a little that I
watch so little television, and the year where I didn't bother owning
one. I think there was a David J song in a starburst commercial as
well, and an Echo and the Bunnymen song in the new "13 going on 30" ad
(which, I must add, is a real crime).

--Mistress Sugar Kisses
Go Go Goblin!
2004-01-01 19:44:02 UTC
Post by MistressDeath
Post by BFG
-
[...]
and I remember andrew wk
in a target advert, faux bobby
that's the only other commercial
that pops in my mind.

and Go! seems to pop up in various
commercials from time to time, not
just the Dockers. I think the last
time I heard Go! anywhere was at the
memorial day 2002 The Motherfucker.

and speaking of David J, have you heard
his new CD Estranged? I know he completed
it long ago - and now see that it's finally
available (well has been for a few months).
--
BFG

goblin at iglou dot com

{ http://members.iglou.com/lyons }
Rocket Robin Hood
2004-01-03 19:12:22 UTC
Everyone forgot the Suicide Commandos in a Target commercial.
^'^BatAttaK^'^
2004-01-03 21:37:18 UTC
Didn't the Clash do a Jaguar commercial?
- Mr.C.J.-
2004-01-04 02:01:49 UTC
Post by Rocket Robin Hood
Everyone forgot the Suicide Commandos in a Target commercial.
Didn't the Clash do a Jaguar commercial?
mogwai - nissan...

- Mr.C.J. - S.T.P. - B.H.C. - S.O. - STALKER ORIGINAL -

"...that i could get sold, rolled, and cornholed for
a negotiable price!" - Pilot

-{ http://www.oldtimehardcore.com/biography/stp.asp }-
Lief Kirn
2004-01-04 22:05:51 UTC
Post by - Mr.C.J.-
mogwai - nissan...
Noisex had a track in a Cadalac commercial. About 3 years. I thought my ears
where fooling me.

Ladytron had a song in a target commecial.

And Aphex Twin had a track off one of his Ambient works albums on some
investment companies commercial.
DJ Maniak
2004-01-05 02:25:01 UTC
Has Psychic TV's "Royal P" in a Volkswagon commercial from the mid-90's been
mentioned yet?

DJ Maniak

Put on ya leather pants/and do the isolation dance/like some stupid-ass Goth
kid that didn't stand a chance against me

The Four Horsemen: Kicking the shit out of people with baseball bats and tire
irons in parking lots since 1985.
Paul's penis is HELL, boy.
2004-01-05 02:51:40 UTC
Post by DJ Maniak
Has Psychic TV's "Royal P" in a Volkswagon commercial from the mid-90's been
mentioned yet?
yeah, it was in the first post in this thread, and it's called 'Roman
P', because the song is about Roman Polanski, particularly in the
context of the fact that he was at one point married to Sharon Tate
--
np: nothin'

AIM: WhoKilledtheJAMs
dukncovr at kmfdm dot com
http://www.rit.edu/~pmy5192

RetardIslandMayr: paul, we all look FAT and on DRUGS in these pictures.
hahahah
Francois Labreque
2004-01-02 00:02:01 UTC
Program ended abnormally on 31/12/2003 13:32, Due to a catastrophic BFG
Post by BFG
-
These days we hear better music during
the commercials while watching MTV.
[snip]

You also forgot:

Pictures of you - The Cure - HP
--
Francois Labreque | The surest sign of the existence of extra-
flabreque | terrestrial intelligence is that they never
videotron.ca | - Calvin
X Tyris
2004-01-06 12:03:31 UTC
Not quite the same... But I recal on the 16volt.com forums, one day a guy was
like hey... I do music for television.. and we were all like suuurrree... and
he was like well.. I just thought you would all be interested that im going to
play chemlab during monday night football.

And he did. They used the ambient intro from Jesus Christ Porno Star as a bed,
and used the intro + first few rocking bars as a liner when going to
commercials.

It was neat.

eric
www.ptinc.net