music for tripping
R.N.
2003-08-06 06:27:44 UTC
looking for suggestions of good music to listen to while on hallucinogens.
ive had great experiences with coils more ambient releases, halo_gen, and with
the one NWW album i have(Thunder Perfect Mind). ive also enjoyed puppy and
numb and a few other more beat oriented industrial cds but mostly im looking
for more ambient, linear music. any suggestions, especially other NWW albums
that lend themselves to this use, are appriciated.

rob
cheeseb0y
2003-08-06 07:46:10 UTC
Post by R.N.
looking for suggestions of good music to listen to while on hallucinogens.
ive had great experiences with coils more ambient releases, halo_gen, and with
the one NWW album i have(Thunder Perfect Mind). ive also enjoyed puppy and
numb and a few other more beat oriented industrial cds but mostly im looking
for more ambient, linear music. any suggestions, especially other NWW albums
that lend themselves to this use, are appriciated.
rob
checkout:
boards of canada - music had the right to children
boards of canada - geogaddi
erm.
apparently sphongle and infected mushroom are good, but i have no
personal experience there.
pink floyd is a pretty obvious one.
aphex twin - selected ambient works vol. 1
12 rounds - my big hero
autechre - incunabula
autechre - lp5
orb - cydonia
moby - ambient

not all of those will go with all hallucinogens. you may want to try
posting this to alt.drugs.psychedelics, as they'd probably have more
suggestions.
-cb
Drew
2003-08-06 10:07:06 UTC
nod - The Story of the three little piggies (CMI)
Zoviet Squid
2003-08-06 15:51:14 UTC
Post by Drew
nod - The Story of the three little piggies (CMI)
Is this really any good? I'd like to hear anyone's thoughts on it.

--zs

"shit...everything shits until it dies."--Bukowski
Drew
2003-08-07 13:34:28 UTC
Post by Zoviet Squid
Post by Drew
nod - The Story of the three little piggies (CMI)
Is this really any good? I'd like to hear anyone's thoughts on it.
Think intermittent Noisy Blasts alternating with swirling dark
electronics clear ambient moments, and hypnotic female chanting. When
it works, it succeeds in being simultaneously unsettling, surprising
and humourous. When it fails, it's usually a lapse into noisy
monotony. I suspect that individual mileage will vary widely... so...
as always with this type of thing... it's Caveat Emptor.

In any case, It will be one of my choices for mood music the next time
I "happen" to have some mushroom-popping, Boards of Canada-loving
pansy nailed to my kitchen wall. Hence the rec.

Cheers,
Drew
Girl the Bourgeois Individualist
2003-08-06 18:53:40 UTC
Post by R.N.
looking for suggestions of good music to listen to while on hallucinogens.
ive had great experiences with coils more ambient releases, halo_gen, and with
the one NWW album i have(Thunder Perfect Mind). ive also enjoyed puppy and
numb and a few other more beat oriented industrial cds but mostly im looking
for more ambient, linear music. any suggestions, especially other NWW albums
that lend themselves to this use, are appriciated.
Butthole Surfers are always a good bet, particularly the early stuff. Their
version of 'Hurdy Gurdy Man' is classic acid music.

Girl.
ELC
2003-08-07 00:49:58 UTC
Post by R.N.
looking for suggestions of good music to listen to while on hallucinogens.
ive had great experiences with coils more ambient releases, halo_gen, and with
the one NWW album i have(Thunder Perfect Mind). ive also enjoyed puppy and
numb and a few other more beat oriented industrial cds but mostly im looking
for more ambient, linear music. any suggestions, especially other NWW albums
that lend themselves to this use, are appriciated.
rob
If you like to get creeped out then listen to Buried Dreams by DVA
while tripping. But my general advice is don't do drugs. If you
insist on hurting yourself then listen to the first Throbbing Gristle
tape (the one with Hamburger Lady) while tripping; that should cure
you pretty quickly.
No sympathy for those that intentionally cause their own train
wreck.
jackthetab
2003-08-12 18:24:17 UTC
clock dva is always a classic!
also try
dryft - cell
isolrubin bk - crash injury trauma
--
kunst und wahnsinn,
jackthetab

#####\ _ /#####
#( )# | _( )__ | #( )#
##### | /_woof/ | #####
#" "# | ___m/I_ /_____ | #" "#
# O # |____#-x.\ /++m\ /.x-#____| # O #
#m.m# | /" \ ///###\\\ / "\ | #m.m#
#####/ ######/ \###### \#####
/___ http://www.capital.net/~soylent ___\
wreck.
Paul's penis is HELL, boy.
2003-08-15 18:54:48 UTC
Post by jackthetab
isolrubin bk - crash injury trauma
I thought this album was unusually boring, but I wasn't tripping when I
listened to it...
no, you were merely drunk and/or doing this:

www.rit.edu/~pmy5192/pics/crud_on_goat.jpg
--
np: nothin'

AIM: WhoKilledtheJAMs
dukncovr at kmfdm dot com
http://www.rit.edu/~pmy5192
http://fleischbackstein.iuma.com
http://brb.whereshitler.com

g4sm4sk: oh yes, according to the brb site,
you are going to be in the Electronic Music
Hall of Fame in Tamaqua, PA
Blood 'n' Tongue
2003-08-07 01:31:14 UTC
One of the best LSD experiences I've had with music was with NWW The
Sylvie & Babs Hi-Fi Companion. It really is a trip. Spiral Insana is
also great.
www.blood-n-tongue.net
www.themysterons.net
Cyber-Blast-Records
2003-08-08 21:23:14 UTC
Post by R.N.
looking for suggestions of good music to listen to while on hallucinogens.
ive had great experiences with coils more ambient releases, halo_gen, and with
the one NWW album i have(Thunder Perfect Mind). ive also enjoyed puppy and
numb and a few other more beat oriented industrial cds but mostly im looking
for more ambient, linear music. any suggestions, especially other NWW albums
that lend themselves to this use, are appriciated.
rob
Sugguestions:
V/A - Nord Ambient Alliance
Sleep Chamber - Sirkle Zero
Lustmord - Heresy
Main - Motion Pool
Habeeb - Leviathan (that's me)
V/A - The Archangels Of Sex Rule The Destruction Of The Regime
V/A - Fifty Years of Sunshine
Swans - Children of God
Dead Voices on Air - Piss Frond (disc 2)
R.N.
2003-08-09 07:48:23 UTC
thanks to everyone who replied to this with recommendation, youve sparked my
interest in alot of cds. a follow up question is where is a the best place to
pick up lustmord cds. from my limited experience with lustmord it seems to be
right up my alley. thanks again,

rob
Synthetick07
2003-08-09 19:48:27 UTC
My personal opinion, not that you asked: If you need the hallucinogens
to feel this way then you're listening to the wrong music.
For me , I dont use a drug to enhance the music , the music helps enhance the
drug.

-james
Ray Parker Jr.
2003-08-12 06:01:34 UTC
Post by R.N.
looking for suggestions of good music to listen to
while on hallucinogens.
anything by mannheim steamroller should work nicely.

eric

np: durutti column - someone else's party
Dan
2003-08-12 07:55:29 UTC
Post by R.N.
looking for suggestions of good music to listen to while on hallucinogens.
ive had great experiences with coils more ambient releases, halo_gen, and with
the one NWW album i have(Thunder Perfect Mind). ive also enjoyed puppy and
numb and a few other more beat oriented industrial cds but mostly im looking
for more ambient, linear music. any suggestions, especially other NWW albums
that lend themselves to this use, are appriciated.
I'm gonna go out on a risky limb here and say 242's newie "Pulse" has some
damn fine moments for the alt. mind environment.

Love Dan
Keef
2003-08-14 11:39:39 UTC
Post by R.N.
looking for suggestions of good music to listen to while on hallucinogens.
ive had great experiences with coils more ambient releases, halo_gen, and with
the one NWW album i have(Thunder Perfect Mind). ive also enjoyed puppy and
numb and a few other more beat oriented industrial cds but mostly im looking
for more ambient, linear music. any suggestions, especially other NWW albums
that lend themselves to this use, are appriciated.
rob
I'd suggest Episodes by Vromb as it's all very circular and throbbing
and builds. I can imagine it would be great on drugs, but I aint
touched drugs in about 10 years!