Worst Attempted Electro-EBM Ever
mimus
2006-04-25 22:33:17 UTC
My vote's for Mastertune/No Help!

I actually broke it in half rather than trade it off, so no one else would
be taken.

And I had kind of a grudge against the old Digital Underground Internet
catalog and order service for calling it "a tribute album" to F242, which
was hardly warning enough (a "fan tribute album" would've been much
better).

Basically, it seemed to be a bunch of kids playing around with some pretty
decent equipment/software, but with no sense of musical architecture at
all.
.sigzip:*
Per
2006-05-03 03:46:07 UTC
Post by mimus
My vote's for Mastertune/No Help!
I actually broke it in half rather than trade it off, so no one else would
be taken.
And I had kind of a grudge against the old Digital Underground Internet
catalog and order service for calling it "a tribute album" to F242, which
was hardly warning enough (a "fan tribute album" would've been much
better).
Basically, it seemed to be a bunch of kids playing around with some pretty
decent equipment/software, but with no sense of musical architecture at
all.
Don't think I've heard that comp at all.
--
Per - navian*comcast*net
mhm 24x23 icq: 6047688
Wayner
2006-05-03 14:39:17 UTC
Post by Per
Post by mimus
My vote's for Mastertune/No Help!
I actually broke it in half rather than trade it off, so no one else would
be taken.
And I had kind of a grudge against the old Digital Underground Internet
catalog and order service for calling it "a tribute album" to F242, which
was hardly warning enough (a "fan tribute album" would've been much
better).
Basically, it seemed to be a bunch of kids playing around with some pretty
decent equipment/software, but with no sense of musical architecture at
all.
Don't think I've heard that comp at all.
Mastertune was a bunch of 242 fanboys failing to recreate the Front By Front
sound.They should have toured as strictly a tribute band and played 242 as
karoake in background.I wonder if they ever met thier idols or not.
mimus
2006-05-03 16:54:53 UTC
Post by Wayner
Post by Per
Post by mimus
My vote's for Mastertune/No Help!
I actually broke it in half rather than trade it off, so no one else would
be taken.
And I had kind of a grudge against the old Digital Underground Internet
catalog and order service for calling it "a tribute album" to F242, which
was hardly warning enough (a "fan tribute album" would've been much
better).
Basically, it seemed to be a bunch of kids playing around with some pretty
decent equipment/software, but with no sense of musical architecture at
all.
Don't think I've heard that comp at all.
Mastertune was a bunch of 242 fanboys failing to recreate the Front By Front
sound.They should have toured as strictly a tribute band and played 242 as
karoake in background.I wonder if they ever met thier idols or not.
And I wonder if any of 'em ever went on to become competent
electro-EBM-icians?

There was also a Gridlock album that sucked so badly I took it back to the
local store where I ordered it.

I mean, OK, maybe some people like it (I don't even remember the name of
the album), but it was just sooooo paaiiinnnfullllyyyyy slooowwwww . . .
without _any_ redeeming qualities that I could hear or at least appreciate
(I mean, I _like_, for example, Tangerine Dream's _Zeit_ . . . ).

I had a serious visceral reaction to it. Against it.
Let there be throbbing.
mimus
2006-05-03 16:47:12 UTC
Post by Per
Post by mimus
My vote's for Mastertune/No Help!
I actually broke it in half rather than trade it off, so no one else would
be taken.
And I had kind of a grudge against the old Digital Underground Internet
catalog and order service for calling it "a tribute album" to F242, which
was hardly warning enough (a "fan tribute album" would've been much
better).
Basically, it seemed to be a bunch of kids playing around with some pretty
decent equipment/software, but with no sense of musical architecture at
all.
Don't think I've heard that comp at all.
I may've broken the only copy sold. Damn. That could've been worth money.
--
Let there be throbbing.