There is not enough time
mimus
2007-07-30 02:24:30 UTC
On 28 Jul 2007 00:19:14 GMT, Boris T. Wayne
Reformatted the HD on this machine.
99575 new messages. Well, supernews messages never die.
MARK NEWSGROUP READ!!!
Bastard. I wanted to interrogate you.
he's a swede. the only thing you'll get out of him is abba is the
betest pop band in the world and bork bork bork.
LOL.
Long story as to why, but I'm drowing in a sea of electro, and I want his
brain, preferably sliced.
It must be like this for kids as they discover new genres.
Soon as the tide starts ebbing, let me know, and I'll pass you my
favorites list.
Not sure the tide will ebb. Not sure I want it to.
The first morning after loading up the MP3 player from the new source,
I discovered A23 and Apop.
Now listening to Xe-None, "Digital Fucker". 641 of 663.
A23's collection of _very_ sweet electro-EBM ballads, if you can conceive
such a thing, on _Storm_, almost killed me-- I really really have a thing
about the more or less simple balladic ABABABAB*** stanza/chorus
structure, on a par with my thing about guitars.

Still,

Assemblage 23/ Contempt (2001)(Metropolis)/ "Sun", "Purgatory", "The Drowning Season"
(instrumental) and "Anthem" (22:14)

Assemblage 23/ Storm (2004)(Metropolis)/ "Ground", "Let the Wind Erase
Me", "Skin" and "Infinite" (21:54)

and

Assemblage 23/ Meta (2007)(Metropolis)/ "Truth", "Raw", "Madman's Dream",
"Ghosts" and "Crush" (27:56)

are better than simply worth a listen-- very much so in the last two
cases-- and he (Tom Shear, who used to be a "poo-flinging Usenet monkey"
on rmi) is plainly still learning and growing and exploring as a composer.

He obviously has exquisite musical taste, but without that love for a
balance between loud and soft, fast and slow, polished and raw,
oligophonic and polyphonic, that classically characterizes the greatest
music (every release, symphony or album, should represent the world from
some angle or other), and I think the difference between his taste and
mine is best characterized by my belief that he would always prefer or see
a song over or instead of a piece.

(I get the impression, given the transition between _Storm_ and _Meta_,
that he probably heard a bit about the soft and fairly isomorphic
structures/arrangements of _Storm_ from the fans.)

--
***@hotmail.com

smeeter 11 or maybe 12

mp 10

mhm 29x13

_Thurb_, tinkle, boing, fump, twang. Music, by
heaven. Music.

< _The Thurb Revolution_
Boris T. Wayne
2007-07-30 14:17:38 UTC
Post by mimus
[...]
Not sure what your thing about guitars is. Hatred?
Post by mimus
Still,
Assemblage 23/ Contempt (2001)(Metropolis)/ "Sun", "Purgatory", "The Drowning Season"
(instrumental) and "Anthem" (22:14)
I quite like "Coward" and "Bi-Polar" and was wondering if they were aimed
at himself.
Post by mimus
Assemblage 23/ Storm (2004)(Metropolis)/ "Ground", "Let the Wind Erase
Me", "Skin" and "Infinite" (21:54)
Still in the queue, that one.
Post by mimus
and
Assemblage 23/ Meta (2007)(Metropolis)/ "Truth", "Raw", "Madman's Dream",
"Ghosts" and "Crush" (27:56)
Yeah, listened to this one out-of-order, since I'd already heard the single.
"Sorry" does it for me, too. Most excellent, a definite 9/10.

No mention of Defiance? "Document" is the track that pulled me by the ear into
this mess. "Blindhammer" is interesting, and I like "Drive", although the
sentiments expressed are somewhat offensive to my green credentials.
Post by mimus
are better than simply worth a listen-- very much so in the last two
cases-- and he (Tom Shear, who used to be a "poo-flinging Usenet monkey"
on rmi) is plainly still learning and growing and exploring as a composer.
Indeed, he's come a long way since the pale imitations of Depeche Mode.

Looks like Matt Lucas, too.
Post by mimus
tinkle, boing, fump, twang.
I've tried, but I still don't like Venetian Snares.
--
There are many copies, and they have a plan.
Usenet Sanitary Squad ID 128DB.
Smeeter #40 MHM 35x7 BTWH 5.0.
mimus
2007-07-30 19:46:34 UTC
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
[...]
I decided back in the early '70s that there were too many guitars in the
world (not counting basses, especially fretless) and not enough keyboards
and woodwinds (I was an immediate and natural zealot of the Van der Graaf
cult, until Hammill started fancying himself a rock guitarist, which was
definitely not his forte, him being maybe the most, like, awesome
lyricist/vocalist of all time).

And any MTV-style video of some longhair hunched over an acoustic and
strumming it and singing about his miserable little life due entirely to
less-than-full stock of his miserable little mind fills me with homicidal
thoughts (see Kurt Cobain).
Post by mimus
are better than simply worth a listen-- very much so in the last two
cases-- and he (Tom Shear, who used to be a "poo-flinging Usenet monkey"
on rmi) is plainly still learning and growing and exploring as a composer.
Indeed, he's come a long way since the pale imitations of Depeche Mode.
I think that's who the swinging, soaring, sweet choruses on _Storm_
reminded me of, although I could only characterize 'em to myself as
" '80s-style" (never was a DM fan) . . . .

--
***@hotmail.com

smeeter 11 or maybe 12

mp 10

mhm 29x13

"What is art to me and my way of living?"
replied the tumblebug, wearily.

< _Jurgen_
Boris T. Wayne
2007-07-30 23:17:40 UTC
Post by mimus
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
[...]
Don't think it was quite the same thing, but around the same time I decided
that bands without synths in weren't worth listening to.
Post by mimus
and woodwinds (I was an immediate and natural zealot of the Van der Graaf
cult, until Hammill started fancying himself a rock guitarist, which was
definitely not his forte,
Nah, too upper-class, too art school.

Hawkwind was where it was at, back then. They're a sad parody of themselves
these days, but the best band in the world once upon a time.
Post by mimus
him being maybe the most, like, awesome
lyricist/vocalist of all time).
I have problems with lyrics. I like instrumental stuff, too.
Post by mimus
And any MTV-style video of some longhair hunched over an acoustic and
strumming it and singing about his miserable little life
Kurt Cobain.
Post by mimus
due entirely to
less-than-full stock of his miserable little mind fills me with homicidal
thoughts (see Kurt Cobain).
See, I told you so.

Ian Curtis?
Post by mimus
Post by mimus
Assemblage 23/ Storm (2004)(Metropolis)/ "Ground", "Let the Wind Erase
Me", "Skin" and "Infinite" (21:54)
Still in the queue, that one.
Not any more.

I see what you mean about the lack of definition.
Post by mimus
Post by mimus
are better than simply worth a listen-- very much so in the last two
cases-- and he (Tom Shear, who used to be a "poo-flinging Usenet monkey"
on rmi) is plainly still learning and growing and exploring as a composer.
Indeed, he's come a long way since the pale imitations of Depeche Mode.
I think that's who the swinging, soaring, sweet choruses on _Storm_
reminded me of, although I could only characterize 'em to myself as
" '80s-style" (never was a DM fan) . . . .
Me neither, although the Dave Gahan solo stuff is mildly interesting.

Definitely preferred Meta.

Now on 663 of 668, Zombie Girl - Blood, Brains & Rock 'n' Roll, "Go
Zombie".

I think I need that list.

(reading this in otherwise dead rmi)
Smeeter #40 MHM 35x7 BTWH 5.0.
metro-golden-meower
2007-07-30 23:33:15 UTC
On 30 Jul 2007 23:17:40 GMT, Boris T. Wayne
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
Post by mimus
due entirely to
less-than-full stock of his miserable little mind fills me with homicidal
thoughts (see Kurt Cobain).
See, I told you so.
Ian Curtis?
now he is greately missed. who else could have sang 'love will tear us
appart'?
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
mimus
2007-07-31 00:13:37 UTC
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
Post by mimus
Post by mimus
Post by mimus
are better than simply worth a listen-- very much so in the last two
cases-- and he (Tom Shear, who used to be a "poo-flinging Usenet monkey"
on rmi) is plainly still learning and growing and exploring as a composer.
Indeed, he's come a long way since the pale imitations of Depeche Mode.
I think that's who the swinging, soaring, sweet choruses on _Storm_
reminded me of, although I could only characterize 'em to myself as
" '80s-style" (never was a DM fan) . . . .
Me neither, although the Dave Gahan solo stuff is mildly interesting.
Definitely preferred Meta.
Now on 663 of 668, Zombie Girl - Blood, Brains & Rock 'n' Roll, "Go
Zombie".
I think I need that list.
Covenant/ Dreams of a Cryotank (Metropolis)(1999)/ "Speed", "Cryotank
Expansion" and "Edge of Dawn" (35:45)

Covenant/ Sequencer (1999)(Metropolis)/ "Liquid Sky", "Slow Motion",
("Stalker",) "Tabula Rasa" and "Babel" (20:43(26:11))

Covenant/ Northern Light (2002)(Metropolis) / "Winter Comes", "Bullet",
"We Want Revolution", "Atlas" and "Rising Sun" (25:57)

Covenant/ Skyshaper (Metropolis)(2006)/ "Spindrift", "20 Hz", "Sweet and
Salty", "Greater than the Sun" and "The World Is Growing Loud" (28:28)

Din Fiv/ Infinity (1996)(SINless/Metropolis)/ "Terminal Condition", "Piss
Christ (v 2.0)", "Control Group" and "Let It Go" (21:47)

Download/ The Eyes of Stanley Pain (1996)(Nettwerk)/ "Glassblower", "Seven
Plagues", "Sidewinder", "Collision" and "Base Metal" (27:48)

Electro Assassin/ Bioculture (1994)(Pendragon/Metropolis)/ "Haywire",
"Heavy Unit", "Ultrafear", "F-Zero" and "Terminal Choice" (29:53)

Electro Assassin/ The Divine Invasion (1995)(Cyber-Tec/SPV/Synthetic
Symphony)/ "Bodyhammer", "Voyager", "Dreamweb" and "Beyond Salvation"
(26:35)

Front 242/ Front by Front (1992)(Epic)/ "Until Death (Do Us Part)",
"Felines", "Circling Overland", "Headhunter" and "Welcome to Paradise"
(22:59)

Front 242/ Tyranny for You (1991)(Sony)/ "Sacrifice", "The Untold",
"Neurobashing" and "Soul Manager" (20:00)

Front 242/ (Fuck) Up Evil (1993)(Sony/ Epic)/ "Skin", "Motion", "Fuel",
Hymn", "Flag" and "Skin" (24:20)

Front 242/ (Evil) Off (1993)(Sony)/ "Genecide", "Modern Angel", "Serial
Killers Never Kill Their Girlfriend" and "Crushed" (23:19)

Haujobb/ Freeze Frame Reality (1995)(Pendragon/ Offbeat)/ "Trivial",
"Perfect Average" and "Sensor" (22:20)

Haujobb/ Solutions for a Small Planet (1996)(Metropolis/ Offbeat)/ "The
Cage Complex", ("Nature's Interface",) "Depths", "Distance", "Clockwise"
and "The Cage Complex" again (27:38(32:50))

Haujobb/ ninetynine (1999)(Metropolis)/ "overflow", "cutedge", "creator",
"x-flow", "less" and "grounds" (33:28)

Heavy Water Factory/ Author of Pain (1997)(Energy Records)/"Alone",
"Strange", "Connected", "The Individual", "Revenge" and "Vampire" (26:33)

Laether Strip/ The Rebirth of Agony (Cleopatra)(1997)/ "the edge of
anger", "how do I know?", "my mind is my master", "lies to tell", "switch
on/switch off" and "make my blood boil" (31:32)

Mark 13/ Survival (1994)(Linear)/ "Neuritis", "Strategem", "Cyber Christ",
"Turbulence" and "Instability" (22:17)

Mentallo and the Fixer/ Where Angels Fear to Tread (no date)(Zoth Ommog/
Metropolis)/ "Power Struggle", "Abominations Unleashed", "Decomposed",
"Atom Smasher", "Bring to a Boil" and "Sacrilege (Grimpen Ward)" (35:47)

Mentallo and the Fixer/ Burnt beyond Recognition (1997)(Metropolis)/
"Abandon All Hope", "Other World Technology", "Mother of Harlots" and
"False Prophets" (30:14)

Plastic Noise Experience/ -196 C (1994)(Van Richter/ KK)/ "Spying Views",
"Plugged", "Inter Space", "Synthesis" and "Last Regression" (21:30)

Skinny Puppy/ Mind: The Perpetual Intercourse (Capitol)(1986)/ "One Time
One Place", "Burnt with Water", "200 Years", "Deepdown Trama Hounds" and
"Antagonism" (30:44)

Skinny Puppy/ Rabies (1989)(Nettwerk)/ "Rodent", "Hexonxonx", "Amputate",
"Rivers", "Worlock" and "Two Time Grime" (30:50)

Skinny Puppy/ Too Dark Park (1990)(Nettwerk)/ "Tormentor", "Grave Wisdom",
"Rash Reflection", "Shore Lined Poison" and "Nature's Revenge" (20:34)

Skinny Puppy/ Last Rights (1991)(Nettwerk)/ "Love in Vein", "Riverzend",
"Knowhere", "Circustance" and "Mirror Saw" (25:02)

Skinny Puppy/ The Greater Wrong of the Right (2004)(Synthetic Symphony)/
"I'mmortal", "Goneja", "EmpTe", "Ghostman" and "Use Less" (23:34)

Thine Eyes/ Christian Sex Loops (1998)(Doppler Effect)/ "House Parts",
"The Celibate", "Count (amendments 3)", "Vaseline Machine" and
"Uncomplication" (28:25)

X-Marks the Pedwalk/ Abattoir (1995)(Cleopatra)/ "Dependence", "Solitude",
"Helpless (Depressed mix)", "Danger" and "Abortion" (22:26)

Most of this is old stuff, classics, probably familiar to you.

And I'm missing my Android Lust blocks (four releases); F242's
_Pulse_ (never have been able to settle on a block from it-- too
much music, I think!); Frontline Assembly's _Tactical Neural Implant_ and
_Hard Wired_; Laether Strip's _Underneath the Laughter_; and three
Informatik releases.

Still, the above would make for a stimulating evening's listening, would
it not?
Post by Boris T. Wayne
(reading this in otherwise dead rmi)
rmi is not dead but only sleep--

Well, no, really, it seems to be dead.

All those drugs and all that noise really takes out of ya, huh?

--
***@hotmail.com

smeeter 11 or maybe 12

mp 10

mhm 29x13

"Ah*ooh*ah*ooh*ah*ooh*ah*ooh*ah."

< _Shaun of the Dead_
Boris T. Wayne
2007-07-31 15:05:33 UTC
Post by mimus
Electro Assassin/ Bioculture (1994)(Pendragon/Metropolis)/ "Haywire",
"Heavy Unit", "Ultrafear", "F-Zero" and "Terminal Choice" (29:53)
Electro Assassin/ The Divine Invasion (1995)(Cyber-Tec/SPV/Synthetic
Symphony)/ "Bodyhammer", "Voyager", "Dreamweb" and "Beyond Salvation"
(26:35)
[...]
Heavy Water Factory/ Author of Pain (1997)(Energy Records)/"Alone",
"Strange", "Connected", "The Individual", "Revenge" and "Vampire" (26:33)
[...]
Mark 13/ Survival (1994)(Linear)/ "Neuritis", "Strategem", "Cyber Christ",
"Turbulence" and "Instability" (22:17)
[...]
Thine Eyes/ Christian Sex Loops (1998)(Doppler Effect)/ "House Parts",
"The Celibate", "Count (amendments 3)", "Vaseline Machine" and
"Uncomplication" (28:25)
Hmm. Can't find these. Will keep looking...
Post by mimus
Skinny Puppy/ Mind: The Perpetual Intercourse (Capitol)(1986)/ "One Time
One Place", "Burnt with Water", "200 Years", "Deepdown Trama Hounds" and
"Antagonism" (30:44)
Ah, Skinny Puppy.

Do you do that thing where if you go into a shop for two items, and they
haven't got both, you buy neither?

Been trying to get hold of "Addiction", which I have on vinyl. Since I
can't I'm not buying anything else of theirs. Oh, go on then.
Post by mimus
Most of this is old stuff, classics, probably familiar to you.
Some is very familiar, some totally unknown: Plastic Noise Experience,
Download, and the stuff I can't find. I might sulk.
Post by mimus
And I'm missing my Android Lust blocks (four releases);
Got Devour, Resolution, Stripped and Dividing already.
Post by mimus
F242's
_Pulse_ (never have been able to settle on a block from it-- too
much music, I think!); Frontline Assembly's _Tactical Neural Implant_ and
_Hard Wired_; Laether Strip's _Underneath the Laughter_; and three
Informatik releases.
Got DMA, Nympho, Revision and Syntax.
Post by mimus
Still, the above would make for a stimulating evening's listening, would
it not?
Rather more than an evening, methinks.

186 entries in queue, 14 albums, 8 artists.

server is paused
%
Smeeter #40 MHM 35x7 BTWH 5.0.
mimus
2007-07-31 18:20:22 UTC
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
[...]
All five of those blocks are _great_. Great, great, powerful music.

_Bioculture_ is a little raw, but it's the one album I've heard by anyone,
including F242, that's the closest in sound to F242's _Front by Front_,
but with its own genuine sound and approach (eg, in its use of
power-chording and most excellent noise-- it's a little tricky setting the
volume so that you can appreciate the noise without having the bass blow
your eardrums out).
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
Skinny Puppy/ Mind: The Perpetual Intercourse (Capitol)(1986)/ "One Time
One Place", "Burnt with Water", "200 Years", "Deepdown Trama Hounds" and
"Antagonism" (30:44)
Ah, Skinny Puppy.
Do you do that thing where if you go into a shop for two items, and they
haven't got both, you buy neither?
Been trying to get hold of "Addiction", which I have on vinyl. Since I
can't I'm not buying anything else of theirs. Oh, go on then.
I've concluded that the above release 'n' block is the best type release
and block of the genre.
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
Most of this is old stuff, classics, probably familiar to you.
Some is very familiar, some totally unknown: Plastic Noise Experience,
Download, and the stuff I can't find. I might sulk.
Download's a side-project of SP, and that's the second full release under
it ("Mothersonne" from the first release is great, right up there with
"Base Metal").

PNE's a German group, very electronic, and that release is about as
minimalistic as I care to go-- my first reaction to the album was, "What
are those, Radio Shack synthesizers?"-- but _damn_ it grows on you,
especially with its simple and touching melodies in the middle of it all.
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
And I'm missing my Android Lust blocks (four releases);
Got Devour, Resolution, Stripped and Dividing already.
Shikhee's a UK-Bangladeshi goddess. No question. Body-paint 'n' all.

I fire this best-of block up more often than any one CD of hers, 'cause I
love it so much:

Android Lust/ Best of/ "Heathen (A Thousand Thoughts)"[1]; "Stained"[2];
"Sense of It All"[4]; "Spine"[1]; "Refuse"[1]; "The Want
(Existence/Nonexistence)"[3]; and "Fall to Fragments"[2] (33:50)

[1] _Resolution_ (Tinman)(1997)
[2] _The Dividing_ (Synthellec/Projekt)(2002)
[3] _Stripped and Stitched_ (Synthellec/Projekt)(2004)(remixes)
[4] _Devour, Rise and Take Flight_ (Synthellec/Projekt)(2006)

I wonder if there's ever been a release with more animal sounds from a
human throat than her first album?
Post by mimus
Still, the above would make for a stimulating evening's listening, would
it not?
Rather more than an evening, methinks.
186 entries in queue, 14 albums, 8 artists.
server is paused
%
What's that mean? "Screw yooze" in server-speak?

--
***@hotmail.com

smeeter 11 or maybe 12

mp 10

mhm 29x13

Let there be another leaf.

< _Small Gods_
Boris T. Wayne
2007-07-31 20:08:53 UTC
Post by mimus
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
[...]
I'm surprised that Emusic doesn't have them.
Post by mimus
_Bioculture_ is a little raw, but it's the one album I've heard by anyone,
including F242, that's the closest in sound to F242's _Front by Front_,
but with its own genuine sound and approach (eg, in its use of
power-chording and most excellent noise-- it's a little tricky setting the
volume so that you can appreciate the noise without having the bass blow
your eardrums out).
Found Culture Kultur on the commute home. "Combat" has an A23 remix
of "No Surrender" as well as the original. I reluctantly found myself
liking it better.
Post by mimus
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
One Place", "Burnt with Water", "200 Years", "Deepdown Trama Hounds" and
"Antagonism" (30:44)
Ah, Skinny Puppy.
Do you do that thing where if you go into a shop for two items, and they
haven't got both, you buy neither?
Been trying to get hold of "Addiction", which I have on vinyl. Since I
can't I'm not buying anything else of theirs. Oh, go on then.
I've concluded that the above release 'n' block is the best type release
and block of the genre.
Thanks.
Post by mimus
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
Most of this is old stuff, classics, probably familiar to you.
Some is very familiar, some totally unknown: Plastic Noise Experience,
Download, and the stuff I can't find. I might sulk.
Download's a side-project of SP, and that's the second full release under
it ("Mothersonne" from the first release is great, right up there with
"Base Metal").
PNE's a German group, very electronic, and that release is about as
minimalistic as I care to go-- my first reaction to the album was, "What
are those, Radio Shack synthesizers?"-- but _damn_ it grows on you,
especially with its simple and touching melodies in the middle of it all.
You're teasing me here. I still can't find them. Lots of the German stuff
is available on the Russian sites.
Post by mimus
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
And I'm missing my Android Lust blocks (four releases);
Got Devour, Resolution, Stripped and Dividing already.
Shikhee's a UK-Bangladeshi goddess. No question. Body-paint 'n' all.
I fell in love the first time I heard her, but it didn't last long enough
because next day I fell in love with Ayria.
Post by mimus
Still, the above would make for a stimulating evening's listening, would
it not?
Rather more than an evening, methinks.
186 entries in queue, 14 albums, 8 artists.
server is paused
%
What's that mean? "Screw yooze" in server-speak?
Also a complaint... still got 82 entries in the queue. I'm still on
dialup, y'know.
Smeeter #40 MHM 35x7 BTWH 5.0.
mimus
2007-07-31 20:54:10 UTC
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
Post by mimus
Post by mimus
Post by mimus
Post by mimus
Still, the above would make for a stimulating evening's listening, would
it not?
Rather more than an evening, methinks.
186 entries in queue, 14 albums, 8 artists.
server is paused
%
What's that mean? "Screw yooze" in server-speak?
Also a complaint... still got 82 entries in the queue. I'm still on
dialup, y'know.
Oh, *man*, does that suck for media downloads (not to mention humongous
warez packages) (did it myself for something like eight years, until last
Summer, when I switched from Win98 to Ubuntu Linux and from dialup to
cable Internet simultaneously).

Get someone on high-speed to bag the stuff for you, to CD.

--
***@hotmail.com

smeeter 11 or maybe 12

mp 10

mhm 29x13

You want a job and a lizard to ride?

< _The Einstein Intersection_
Boris T. Wayne
2007-07-31 22:49:49 UTC
Post by mimus
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
Post by mimus
Post by mimus
Post by mimus
Post by mimus
Still, the above would make for a stimulating evening's listening, would
it not?
Rather more than an evening, methinks.
186 entries in queue, 14 albums, 8 artists.
server is paused
%
What's that mean? "Screw yooze" in server-speak?
Also a complaint... still got 82 entries in the queue. I'm still on
dialup, y'know.
Oh, *man*, does that suck for media downloads (not to mention humongous
warez packages) (did it myself for something like eight years, until last
Summer, when I switched from Win98 to Ubuntu Linux and from dialup to
cable Internet simultaneously).
Get someone on high-speed to bag the stuff for you, to CD.
Yeah, sneakernet. BTDT. That's why I (until recently) haven't got "anything
that goes 'doof'". Someone else didn't like it.
Smeeter #40 MHM 35x7 BTWH 5.0.
mimus
2007-07-31 23:34:13 UTC
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
Post by mimus
Post by mimus
Post by mimus
Post by mimus
Still, the above would make for a stimulating evening's listening, would
it not?
Rather more than an evening, methinks.
186 entries in queue, 14 albums, 8 artists.
server is paused
%
What's that mean? "Screw yooze" in server-speak?
Also a complaint... still got 82 entries in the queue. I'm still on
dialup, y'know.
Oh, *man*, does that suck for media downloads (not to mention humongous
warez packages) (did it myself for something like eight years, until last
Summer, when I switched from Win98 to Ubuntu Linux and from dialup to
cable Internet simultaneously).
Get someone on high-speed to bag the stuff for you, to CD.
Yeah, sneakernet. BTDT. That's why I (until recently) haven't got "anything
that goes 'doof'". Someone else didn't like it.
<snort>

BTW (and I had to look up "BTDT"-- my mind's going, obviously), on _Where
Angels Fear to Tread_, on the track "Power Struggle", there's what sounds
like sampled dialogue from at least one movie, largely concerning
something or someone-something named "Proteus", notably the line "When
are you going to let me out of this *box*?".

Any idea if that's movie dialogue or not, and if it is, what movie(s)?

< _The Einstein Intersection_
Boris T. Wayne
2007-08-01 10:35:52 UTC
Post by mimus
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
Post by mimus
Post by mimus
Post by mimus
Post by mimus
[...]
Demon Seed, with Julie Christie. Proteus is a prototype household AI,
and Ms. Christie is stuck at home with it. Things begin to go wrong.
Smeeter #40 MHM 35x7 BTWH 5.0.
mimus
2007-08-01 19:06:54 UTC
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by mimus
Post by mimus
Post by mimus
Post by mimus
Post by mimus
[...]
Ah, yes, don't we end up with a cyber-baby there? (makes you wonder what
kind of kitchen and/or bathroom and/or bedroom utilities the dam' thing
had available.) (I've never seen the movie.)

Thanks. The samples are very effective in that piece. And I love that
line. I'll probably avoid the movie _deliberately_ from here on out just
so as not to spoil it for me.

Interestingly, Electro Assassin's very very fine third and final album,
_The Divine Invasion_, claimed to be the first release of an intended
"Demon Seed Trilogy", which of course I'm still anxiously a-waitin'-for a
mere twelve years later . . . .

< _The Einstein Intersection_
marika
2007-08-01 04:54:26 UTC
mimus wrote in message ...
Post by mimus
rmi is not dead but only sleep--
Well, no, really, it seems to be dead.
I have not been able to shake it. It just hit me hard, I think because I
know they have so much to work out.

mk5000

" And I really, really expected the guy to say “well, we did all the course
work, we just haven’t filled out the application.The next witness is Steven
Dowell, another repeat witness we have seen before. He works in the coroner’
s office. He is here to testify about a meeting between him and Dr. Pena,
along with Dr. Anselmo, the dentist. This meeting was to discuss one of the
vials that contained Lana’s tooth material, which was
broken and had the sample lost out of it"--thedarwinexception
mimus

< _The Einstein Intersection_
Boris T. Wayne
2007-08-01 10:19:19 UTC
Post by marika
mimus wrote in message ...
Post by mimus
rmi is not dead but only sleep--
Well, no, really, it seems to be dead.
I have not been able to shake it. It just hit me hard, I think because I
know they have so much to work out.
Wot?
She/he/it said "not been able to shake it", "it hit her/him/it hard", and "they
have so much to work out".

I think all this loud music is causing damage.
Smeeter #40 MHM 35x7 BTWH 5.0.
mimus

< _The Einstein Intersection_
Boris T. Wayne
2007-08-01 22:46:46 UTC
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by marika
mimus wrote in message ...
Post by mimus
rmi is not dead but only sleep--
Well, no, really, it seems to be dead.
I have not been able to shake it. It just hit me hard, I think because I
know they have so much to work out.
Wot?
She/he/it said "not been able to shake it", "it hit her/him/it hard", and "they
have so much to work out".
I think all this loud music is causing damage.
WOT?
I had serious professional issues writing that cascade bot.
Smeeter #40 MHM 35x7 BTWH 5.0.
metro-golden-meower
per's life story?
Boris T. Wayne
Smeeter #40 MHM 35x7 BTWH 5.0.
metro-golden-meower
there is no way per could think of a better tittle than that for it.
Boris T. Wayne
2007-08-03 14:48:38 UTC
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by metro-golden-meower
Post by marika
mimus wrote in message ...
Post by mimus
rmi is not dead but only sleep--
Well, no, really, it seems to be dead.
I have not been able to shake it. It just hit me hard, I think because I
know they have so much to work out.
Wot?
per's life story?
The Book Of Bork?
there is no way per could think of a better tittle than that for it.
Who the hell is Lester Mosley?
Smeeter #40 MHM 35x7 BTWH 5.0.
mimus
2007-08-03 15:57:51 UTC
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by metro-golden-meower
Post by marika
mimus wrote in message ...
Post by mimus
rmi is not dead but only sleep--
Well, no, really, it seems to be dead.
I have not been able to shake it. It just hit me hard, I think because I
know they have so much to work out.
Wot?
per's life story?
The Book Of Bork?
there is no way per could think of a better tittle than that for it.
Who the hell is Lester Mosley?
He's just some d00d.

--
***@hotmail.com

smeeter 11 or maybe 12

mp 10

mhm 29x13

Let there be another leaf.

< _Small Gods_
Boris T. Wayne
2007-08-03 18:46:11 UTC
Post by mimus
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by metro-golden-meower
Post by marika
mimus wrote in message ...
Post by mimus
rmi is not dead but only sleep--
Well, no, really, it seems to be dead.
I have not been able to shake it. It just hit me hard, I think because I
know they have so much to work out.
Wot?
per's life story?
The Book Of Bork?
there is no way per could think of a better tittle than that for it.
Who the hell is Lester Mosley?
He's just some d00d.
Tell him to stay the hell away from -my- group.
Smeeter #40 MHM 35x7 BTWH 5.0.
metro-golden-meower
fiikoc
mimus
2007-08-03 15:57:16 UTC
Post by Boris T. Wayne
Post by metro-golden-meower
Post by marika
mimus wrote in message ...
Post by mimus
rmi is not dead but only sleep--
Well, no, really, it seems to be dead.
I have not been able to shake it. It just hit me hard, I think because I
know they have so much to work out.
Wot?
per's life story?
The Book Of Bork?
there is no way per could think of a better tittle than that for it.
_One Per's Story_.

--
***@hotmail.com

smeeter 11 or maybe 12