Mark 13 Question
mimus
2003-09-22 02:25:39 UTC
Mark 13's first album, _Survival_ ("Neuritis", "Strategem", "Cyber
Christ", "Turbulence" and <woof> "Instability"--22:15) is excellent,
and I've appreciated it for years, in spite of its rather gothic tinge
. . . .

But has anyone ever seen a copy of his (promised) second album,
_Kinetic_?

The label's website seems to have been frozen for years . . . .

--
.sigzip*

Brandon Daniel
2003-09-24 17:49:45 UTC
Post by mimus
Mark 13's first album, _Survival_ ("Neuritis", "Strategem", "Cyber
Christ", "Turbulence" and <woof> "Instability"--22:15) is excellent,
and I've appreciated it for years, in spite of its rather gothic tinge
. . . .
But has anyone ever seen a copy of his (promised) second album,
_Kinetic_?
I don't believe it was ever finished/released. Not sure what Brian is
up to these days, actually.
Post by mimus
The label's website seems to have been frozen for years . . . .
Since it's still on the same design I did for it in 97, yeah, I'd say
so!

-Brandon
mimus
2003-09-24 23:18:58 UTC
Post by mimus
The label's website seems to have been frozen for years . . . .
Since it's still on the same design I did for it in 97, yeah, I'd say
so!
-Brandon
Too bad about the album. I was looking forward to his delicacy of
touch in a less gothic and faster context, which is what the
prospective album title seemed to promise.

Ah, well, "It's the smiles that keep us happy . . . ."

--
.sigzip*

mimus
2003-10-23 05:33:26 UTC
Post by mimus
Post by mimus
The label's website seems to have been frozen for years . . . .
Since it's still on the same design I did for it in 97, yeah, I'd say
so!
-Brandon
Too bad about the album. I was looking forward to his delicacy of
touch in a less gothic and faster context, which is what the
prospective album title seemed to promise.
Ah, well, "It's the smiles that keep us happy . . . ."
Hell, I just now noticed, reading over the interviews from

http://linear-records.com:8080/interviews.htm

that Sparks-- along with engineer and co- live- musician Jeff Little--
*are*, or were, Linear Records.

_Kinetic_ was supposedly finished, and _Survival_ was already being
distributed by Metropolis, so, so, so-- so the whole thing is really
getting on my nerves.

(OTOH, _Survival_ was released three years late, and _Kinetic_ was
supposed to be released in '98, so maybe it's just a really bad case
of RSN.)

--
np: Mark 13/Kinetic (yeah, right)
np for real: Haujobb/Vertical Theory