Capitalist Pig Electro?
mimus
2008-12-22 13:29:25 UTC
Snog might not want to hear this, but I've been watching "Squawk Box",
CNBC's morning financial show, 6-9 am weekdays, featuring the luvverly
Becky Quick who can make even financial disaster somehow less piquant,
and, well, twice now this morning on exit to a commercial they've played
what sounded most almightily like Covenant/Skyshaper/"20 Hz" . . . .
Let there be suspiciously familiar throbbing.
buzzgun
2008-12-27 05:17:02 UTC
Post by mimus
Snog might not want to hear this, but I've been watching "Squawk Box",
CNBC's morning financial show, 6-9 am weekdays, featuring the luvverly
Becky Quick who can make even financial disaster somehow less piquant,
and, well, twice now this morning on exit to a commercial they've played
what sounded most almightily like Covenant/Skyshaper/"20 Hz" . . . .
--
Let there be suspiciously familiar throbbing.
Ouch. Probably because of the ideology. Late-phase capitalism was
very deeply corrupted by the crisis of the moment. Total implosion of
the forces of media culture resulted in this kind of thing. Though
there became ways to pay people on the spur of the moment like iTunes,
the distractions of totally different, internationally rich music
attracted the ruling media-(e)lite. Abstracted for TV but often for
deviant purposes. Too bad that album didn't have more hits like 20hz.
mimus
2008-12-28 23:23:57 UTC
Post by mimus
Snog might not want to hear this, but I've been watching "Squawk Box",
CNBC's morning financial show, 6-9 am weekdays, featuring the luvverly
Becky Quick who can make even financial disaster somehow less piquant,
and, well, twice now this morning on exit to a commercial they've
played what sounded most almightily like Covenant/Skyshaper/"20 Hz" . .
. .
Ouch. Probably because of the ideology. Late-phase capitalism was very
deeply corrupted by the crisis of the moment. Total implosion of the
forces of media culture resulted in this kind of thing. Though there
became ways to pay people on the spur of the moment like iTunes, the
distractions of totally different, internationally rich music attracted
the ruling media-(e)lite. Abstracted for TV but often for deviant
purposes. Too bad that album didn't have more hits like 20hz.
I like "Spindrift" and "Greater than the Sun" better.

I love the block off it

Covenant/ Skyshaper (Metropolis)(2006)/ "Spindrift", "20 Hz", "Sweet and
Salty", "Greater than the Sun" and "The World Is Growing Loud" (28:28)

That last one, while soft, or maybe because, reminds me most almightily of
late Watersian Pink Floyd.
--
Let there be throbbing.