What's the score, George Dawes?
Keef
2004-10-01 08:46:14 UTC
So, as one of the RMI old crew I was wondering... what do you (new or
old crew) tend to listen to these days?

I have dropped EBM pretty much entirely (not that I was ever much into
it) and 99% of dancefloor noise. These days I listen to IDM, more
complex noise, Ninja Tune style breakbeat, Drum&Bass and the odd band
like Muse or Sigur Ros. Sometimes a bit of death industrial like BDN
but only when my fiancee is out of the house.
tetraplan
2004-10-01 22:37:01 UTC
Post by Keef
So, as one of the RMI old crew I was wondering... what do you (new or
old crew) tend to listen to these days?
I have dropped EBM pretty much entirely (not that I was ever much into
it) and 99% of dancefloor noise. These days I listen to IDM, more
complex noise, Ninja Tune style breakbeat, Drum&Bass and the odd band
like Muse or Sigur Ros. Sometimes a bit of death industrial like BDN
but only when my fiancee is out of the house.
I'm generally a lurker but what the hell.
Mostly glitch and IDM (spits at the feet of whoever came up with these
names). Fennesz, Vladislav Delay, Boards Of Canada, &c. Some old
heroes like Hafler Trio and Organum, too. Ambient, like Thomas Köner
or Tim hecker.
More traditional stuff, too: GY!BE/TSMZMOATBWC/One Speed Bike/&c,
Sigur Rós, Múm, &c, &c.

And so on.
--
dwaes /at hetnet /dot nl

Going too far
WE don't go too far!
None of us will go too far...
Maybe sometimes we WENT too far
But now WE WON'T!
Because we're real nice guys!
ReVulse
2004-10-02 11:14:19 UTC
Post by Keef
So, as one of the RMI old crew I was wondering... what do you (new or
old crew) tend to listen to these days?
I have dropped EBM pretty much entirely (not that I was ever much into
it) and 99% of dancefloor noise. These days I listen to IDM, more
complex noise, Ninja Tune style breakbeat, Drum&Bass and the odd band
like Muse or Sigur Ros. Sometimes a bit of death industrial like BDN
but only when my fiancee is out of the house.
I post here occasionally. I keep hoping the group will pick up a bit.

Anyway....I got tired of the stagnant EBM scene and started exploring
Noise, Martial and Dark Ambient. For the last few months it's been pretty
much Dark Ambient. I've been buying CDs at an alarming rate and have just
picked up 3 albums by In Slaughter Natives, Nostromo by Sleep Research
Facility and a couple of CDs by Turbund Sturmwerk.

They're all going to have to wait though, as the new Assemblage 23 album
arrived this morning.

#Andy#
2004-10-02 11:59:19 UTC
Post by Keef
So, as one of the RMI old crew I was wondering... what do you (new or
old crew) tend to listen to these days?
House.

And Death Industrial as well.

I wish somebody would combine those two. Maybe that'd be a good reason
to rediscover EBM as well...

Haha, that reminds me. The truth is I still play Apoptygma Berzerk's
"Harmonizer" on a weekly basis. How funny is that?
ReVulse
2004-10-02 12:42:07 UTC
Post by ...
Haha, that reminds me. The truth is I still play Apoptygma Berzerk's
"Harmonizer" on a weekly basis. How funny is that?
I hate that album. I like their earlier material, but that album was a
huge disappointment and is just too commercial for my taste.

Two albums that get regular repeat plays from me are "Ruined" and
"Redemption" by Imperative Reaction.

#Andy#
Todd Clayton
2004-10-03 04:14:45 UTC
Post by Keef
So, as one of the RMI old crew I was wondering... what do you (new or
old crew) tend to listen to these days?
Sharp's Injury.

... and I'm watching Channel 4's new show Green Wing.
--
+---------------------------------+--------------------------------+
| Todd Clayton aka DJ Todd | Real Synthetic Audio |
-- Ramon Maria Narvaez, Spanish general
Keef
2004-10-11 06:30:04 UTC
Post by Todd Clayton
Sharp's Injury.
Man, they suck!
Post by Todd Clayton
... and I'm watching Channel 4's new show Green Wing.
Yeah, I've been catching some of that. Nowhere near as good as Spaced
but pretty good.
------------------------------
www.sharpsinjury.net
to email me remove the "-"

Veni Vidi Exii
2004-10-07 19:21:53 UTC
Post by Keef
So, as one of the RMI old crew I was wondering... what do
you (new or old crew) tend to listen to these days?
I have dropped EBM pretty much entirely (not that I was
ever much into it) and 99% of dancefloor noise. These days
I listen to IDM, more complex noise, Ninja Tune style
breakbeat, Drum&Bass and the odd band like Muse or Sigur
Ros. Sometimes a bit of death industrial like BDN but only
when my fiancee is out of the house.
Mostly either the records I'm spinning or the quiet, singer-
songwriter stuff I tend to favor. The latter tends to fall into
the D. Banhart or M. Gira vein, but I have a thing for Julie
Doiron too. If you want some examples of my sets, pop on
#rmipeople and I'll set you up.
--
-Chris
"The 80s sucked in the 80s, and they still suck now."

"For that much man-on-man power, you had to step over into the
German industrial theme, the most manly music of all time."
- Hans Bunschlapen, of Zeigenbock Kopf
Keef
2004-10-11 06:29:17 UTC
On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 19:21:53 -0000, Veni Vidi Exii
Post by Veni Vidi Exii
Mostly either the records I'm spinning or the quiet, singer-
songwriter stuff I tend to favor. The latter tends to fall into
the D. Banhart or M. Gira vein, but I have a thing for Julie
Doiron too. If you want some examples of my sets, pop on
#rmipeople and I'll set you up.
I'll have to try and pop on tonight!
www.sharpsinjury.net
to email me remove the "-"