Ministry - Revolting Cocks
dj_evol_eno
2006-06-27 17:59:21 UTC
I know they aren't as "industrial" as they used to be. But many are
still fans and Jourgensen is still kickin' out some strong stuff (and
funny stuff too, heard Prunetang yet?). Anyway, just curious if anyone
has seen the current tour and if so a report/review would be cool.
Thanks.
mimus
2006-06-27 18:19:12 UTC
Post by dj_evol_eno
I know they aren't as "industrial" as they used to be. But many are
still fans and Jourgensen is still kickin' out some strong stuff (and
funny stuff too, heard Prunetang yet?). Anyway, just curious if anyone
has seen the current tour and if so a report/review would be cool.
Thanks.
Anything would be cool. Even some noise fans.
Let there be throbbing.
SpongeBobFL
2006-06-28 16:30:17 UTC
Revco seems to be making people happy...

current set list :
Beers Steers & Queers
Attack Ships on Fire
Something Wonderful
Stainless Steel Providers
Caliente
Fire Engine
Physical
Do Ya Think I'm Sexy
Purple Head

Ministry:

01-Fear (Is Big Business)
02-Senor Peligro
03-No W
04-Rio Grande Blood
05-The Great Satan
06-Waiting
07-Lies Lies Lies
08-Worthless
09-Wrong
10-N.W.O
11-Just One Fix
12-Thieves
13-Khyber Pass
14-So What
15-Stigmata
16-Psalm 69
Thanks.
Slipface
2006-06-29 16:52:23 UTC
Post by SpongeBobFL
Something Wonderful
Aha!!! My fave RevCo song of all time. Now I'm bummed I skipped their
show here. That setlist looks like it would have been a fun one.

_d
mimus
2006-06-29 17:44:25 UTC
Looked like well over two hours.
r***@hotmail.com
2006-06-30 20:05:02 UTC
Post by mimus
Post by Slipface
Post by SpongeBobFL
Something Wonderful
Aha!!! My fave RevCo song of all time. Now I'm bummed I skipped their
show here. That setlist looks like it would have been a fun one.
Looked like well over two hours.
I went to the revco/ ministry show. I thought it really really sucked.
It's just Al and a bunch of hired guns. Ok Raven from Killing Joke is
an old pro; but still he is a hired gun for the tour. The Ministry drum
set up looked cool, but the drummer was lame; no talent. Yeah, it was
an expensive waste of time and money. After a good show; you want to
play all the bands albums non-stop for the following week or two; I
haven't played any Ministry or revco since the show early this month.,
that should tell you something about my disappointment.
SpongeBobFL
2006-07-07 04:11:18 UTC
You forgot about Luc Van Acker...

Revolting Cocks
Al Jourgensen (Ministry) - Vox & Guitar
Luc Van Acker (Revolting Cocks) - Vox
Phildo Owen (RevCo, Skatenigs, Snow Black) - Vox
Josh Bradford (Stayte) - Vox
Anna K (Drain, Hanzel und Gretyl) - Bass
Seven Antonopoulos (Opiate For the Masses) - Drums
Sin (Society 1) - Guitars
Clayton Worbeck (Stayte) - Keyboards
Post by r***@hotmail.com
r***@hotmail.com
2006-07-08 02:06:36 UTC
Post by SpongeBobFL
You forgot about Luc Van Acker...
Revolting Cocks
Al Jourgensen (Ministry) - Vox & Guitar
Luc Van Acker (Revolting Cocks) - Vox
Phildo Owen (RevCo, Skatenigs, Snow Black) - Vox
Josh Bradford (Stayte) - Vox
Anna K (Drain, Hanzel und Gretyl) - Bass
Seven Antonopoulos (Opiate For the Masses) - Drums
Sin (Society 1) - Guitars
Clayton Worbeck (Stayte) - Keyboards
I didn't forget him. I didn't care... shit, for my money, I still
deserve a better show than that.
SpongeBobFL
2006-07-10 01:16:33 UTC
-LOVED- RevCo... wish they could have played longer. The guy marching
around in the suit was great... I thought by 'hired guns' you thought they
were all ''new' to the band. I was pointing out that Luc Van Acker has been
with them for years.

I agree 100% about the drummer for Ministry - bad news.
dj_evol_eno
2006-07-12 14:59:52 UTC
Anyone catch the St. Pete show at Jannus Landing?
I was supposed to go but lost my ride early that afternoon.
Curious how it was and if they did anything different with
the set list (though I doubt it as they seemed to have
settled into the current one early on in the tour)...

dj ee
Girl <last name>
2006-08-05 23:46:17 UTC
Post by SpongeBobFL
-LOVED- RevCo... wish they could have played longer. The guy marching
around in the suit was great... I thought by 'hired guns' you thought
they were all ''new' to the band. I was pointing out that Luc Van Acker
has been with them for years.
I agree 100% about the drummer for Ministry - bad news.
Was it Joey from Slipknot in the US? AFAIK, it was him in London (no RevCo,
alas) and he wasn't notably bad. Raven and Tommy Victor I wouldn't class as
"hired guns", both play on "Rio Grande Blood" and are absolute pros. I'd
class the current Ministry line-up more as a supergroup than "hired guns" -
one part Ministry, two parts Killing Joke (John Bechdel is on keyboards),
one part Prong.

Girl.