die warzau
candle
2005-04-26 03:37:13 UTC
I hadn't seen anything posted about it in here, but:

http://www.diewarzau.org/index.cfm?id=1

They apparently are releasing a new record themselves on 5/17. I didn't
get a chance to hear anything of it tonight, but I will be soon. I
can't believe it's been so long since Engine...
--
candle
mhm27x19 ICQ#34579920
http://www.geocities.com/alabama_candle/welcome.htm
Sound Mirror
2005-05-08 11:50:28 UTC
Post by candle
http://www.diewarzau.org/index.cfm?id=1
They apparently are releasing a new record themselves on 5/17. I didn't
get a chance to hear anything of it tonight, but I will be soon. I
can't believe it's been so long since Engine...
--
you're a little late, actually.. "Convenience" was originally released in
october of 2004, and can be had on metropolis, amazon, etc

a new single titled "Hiter's Brain" featuring George Clinton is going to be
released soon
JD
2005-05-08 13:06:55 UTC
Post by Sound Mirror
Post by candle
http://www.diewarzau.org/index.cfm?id=1
They apparently are releasing a new record themselves on 5/17. I didn't
get a chance to hear anything of it tonight, but I will be soon. I
can't believe it's been so long since Engine...
--
you're a little late, actually.. "Convenience" was originally released in
october of 2004, and can be had on metropolis, amazon, etc
a new single titled "Hiter's Brain" featuring George Clinton is going to be
released soon
Really?
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/102-1928427-0908153
Not Yet Released.

http://www.diewarzau.org/
May 17, 2005 "Convenience" WorldWide Release Date

They do offer it online:

http://www.pulseblack.com/release/detail.aspx?p=1
JD..
candle
2005-05-08 16:47:57 UTC
when JD buried him beneath the willow, the angels sang a whiskey
Post by JD
Post by JD
Not Yet Released.
http://www.diewarzau.org/
May 17, 2005 "Convenience" WorldWide Release Date
That's what I thought I had read. The George Clinton thing should be
interesting...hopefully in a good way.
Sound Mirror
2005-05-09 04:25:57 UTC
Post by candle
That's what I thought I had read. The George Clinton thing should be
interesting...hopefully in a good way.
i firmly believe that if it has Die Warzau's name on it, it's going to be
good, or at least you know you're getting a quality-sounding product
Sound Mirror
2005-05-09 04:28:08 UTC
also, expect a remastered re-release of the Everplastic "Aquagirl" EP
sometime in the future, with extra tracks in the form of live Everplastic
material
candle
2005-05-10 02:15:50 UTC
when Sound Mirror buried him beneath the willow, the angels sang a
Post by Sound Mirror
Post by candle
That's what I thought I had read. The George Clinton thing should be
interesting...hopefully in a good way.
i firmly believe that if it has Die Warzau's name on it, it's going to be
good, or at least you know you're getting a quality-sounding
product
The only album of theirs I wasn't into was the first one, Disco
Rigido, BEMBF was 4/5 for me, and Engine was either 4/5 or 5/5 for my
taste. There's something about JM's voice...and the beats they flow
on top of.
Sound Mirror
2005-05-10 07:54:02 UTC
Post by candle
The only album of theirs I wasn't into was the first one, Disco
Rigido, BEMBF was 4/5 for me, and Engine was either 4/5 or 5/5 for my
taste. There's something about JM's voice...and the beats they flow
on top of.
then you'll probably like Convenience, just try not to compare it to
previous material. it's still definitely DW no matter how you look at it,
though.. still a great album, i think..

Sound Mirror
2005-05-09 04:25:00 UTC
Post by JD
Post by Sound Mirror
Post by candle
http://www.diewarzau.org/index.cfm?id=1
They apparently are releasing a new record themselves on 5/17. I didn't
get a chance to hear anything of it tonight, but I will be soon. I
can't believe it's been so long since Engine...
--
you're a little late, actually.. "Convenience" was originally released in
october of 2004, and can be had on metropolis, amazon, etc
a new single titled "Hiter's Brain" featuring George Clinton is going to be
released soon
Really?
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/102-1928427-0908153
Not Yet Released.
http://www.diewarzau.org/
May 17, 2005 "Convenience" WorldWide Release Date
http://www.pulseblack.com/release/detail.aspx?p=1
trust me, it was released last fall.. that's when i got my copy. i'm pretty
sure it was for sale on amazon back then, too.. guess that got changed since
they signed with a new distributor. also check here:
http://www.industrial-music.com/product.php?prodnum=PX+001
believe it or not (especially given the current state of
electronic/industrial music), this actually made it on the top 10 list on
metro back in the fall
JD
2005-05-09 18:27:18 UTC
Post by Sound Mirror
Post by JD
Post by JD
Post by Sound Mirror
released soon
Really?
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/102-1928427-0908153
Not Yet Released.
http://www.diewarzau.org/
May 17, 2005 "Convenience" WorldWide Release Date
http://www.pulseblack.com/release/detail.aspx?p=1
trust me, it was released last fall.. that's when i got my copy. i'm pretty
sure it was for sale on amazon back then, too.. guess that got changed since
http://www.industrial-music.com/product.php?prodnum=PX+001
believe it or not (especially given the current state of
electronic/industrial music), this actually made it on the top 10 list on
metro back in the fall
I guess the key is "world wide release" because one of the links I
posted does offer it now.

So, how does it sound? From the description on their web page, it sounds
different from the previous work?
JD..
Sound Mirror
2005-05-10 07:51:09 UTC
Post by JD
So, how does it sound? From the description on their web page, it sounds
different from the previous work?
i love it, however i'm not a big fan of the song "king of rock and roll",
although i can see how this would definitely appeal to fans of noisy
industrial music. the first track "crusaders" seems to pick up where
'engine' left off, while fitting in nicely with the rest of the album. the
songs tend to range in style more than previous work, but still has that DW
touch to them. there are a decent number of slow songs, but that's not a bad
thing. some of the slower ones are excellent. this album also contains the
only electroclash song that i can think of that i like ("come as you are"),
and finishes off with the amazing "shine (all good girls pt. 2)", which
sounds nothing like 'all good girls', but still carries some pop appeal.
check out the interview jim did with sickamongthepure.com.. it gives a lot
of insight, i think. also check out DW's myspace page at
www.myspace.com/diewarzau