rmi np Surveys by Year?
mimus
2003-09-27 15:57:59 UTC
The "np" usage here would give, if summarized, a pretty nice survey by
year of what rmites were listening to that year.

Google, for example, gives about 3400 such references for 2002.

But it would obviously be madness to try to ferret such info out of
Google a page at a time.

Anyone got a reasonably complete database of rmi and a reasonable
search utility for it, or a reasonable command of programming (hint,
hint)?

(Given such database and some clue to its format-- trying to work such
out by hexdumping is another route to madness, _crede experto!_-- I
could knock up a C utility to do most of the grunt- work involved.)

--
.sigzip*

Per
2003-10-01 05:28:11 UTC
Post by mimus
The "np" usage here would give, if summarized, a pretty nice survey by
year of what rmites were listening to that year.
Google, for example, gives about 3400 such references for 2002.
But it would obviously be madness to try to ferret such info out of
Google a page at a time.
Anyone got a reasonably complete database of rmi and a reasonable
search utility for it, or a reasonable command of programming (hint,
hint)?
(Given such database and some clue to its format-- trying to work such
out by hexdumping is another route to madness, _crede experto!_-- I
could knock up a C utility to do most of the grunt- work involved.)
I'll go all the way back to 1986. Cabaret Voltaire, Depeche Mode,
Alphaville, Stacey Q^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H, err, never mind. Tired and LMAO.
--
Per - perATmeowDOTorg

mhm 24x23 icq: 6047688
mimus
2003-10-01 06:00:39 UTC
Post by Per
Post by mimus
The "np" usage here would give, if summarized, a pretty nice survey by
year of what rmites were listening to that year.
Google, for example, gives about 3400 such references for 2002.
But it would obviously be madness to try to ferret such info out of
Google a page at a time.
Anyone got a reasonably complete database of rmi and a reasonable
search utility for it, or a reasonable command of programming (hint,
hint)?
(Given such database and some clue to its format-- trying to work such
out by hexdumping is another route to madness, _crede experto!_-- I
could knock up a C utility to do most of the grunt- work involved.)
I'll go all the way back to 1986. Cabaret Voltaire, Depeche Mode,
Alphaville, Stacey Q^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H, err, never mind. Tired and LMAO.
What's the posish here on 80s groups like Thomas Dolby, the
Eurhythmics, the Thompson Twins, even The Cars and Kate Bush, with
respect to, er, origins? banished, if anywhere, to consideration of
the origins of synthpop?

--
np: Mark 13/Kinetic (yeah, right)

Francois Labreque
2003-10-01 11:51:12 UTC
Program ended abnormally on 27/09/2003 11:57, Due to a catastrophic
Post by mimus
The "np" usage here would give, if summarized, a pretty nice survey by
year of what rmites were listening to that year.
Google, for example, gives about 3400 such references for 2002.
But it would obviously be madness to try to ferret such info out of
Google a page at a time.
Anyone got a reasonably complete database of rmi and a reasonable
search utility for it, or a reasonable command of programming (hint,
hint)?
(Given such database and some clue to its format-- trying to work such
out by hexdumping is another route to madness, _crede experto!_-- I
could knock up a C utility to do most of the grunt- work involved.)
Some newsgroups have someone who runs weekly stats (top 10 posters, top 10
topics, etc...) finding and modifying their script would probably be easier than
reinventing the wheel.

This being said, I don't think anyone has a full newsfeed of RMI going back as
far as you'd like and the usage of "np:" lines has dropped dramatically as old
timers got fed up and left. Google has 38 messages with "np:" lines for the
whole month of september - which is less than the amount Dayv would post in a
single day two years ago!

np: Nothing.
--
Francois Labreque | The surest sign of the existence of extra-
flabreque | terrestrial intelligence is that they never
videotron.ca | - Calvin
Keef
2003-10-02 08:39:20 UTC
Post by Francois Labreque
Program ended abnormally on 27/09/2003 11:57, Due to a catastrophic
Some newsgroups have someone who runs weekly stats (top 10 posters, top 10
topics, etc...) finding and modifying their script would probably be easier than
reinventing the wheel.
This being said, I don't think anyone has a full newsfeed of RMI going back as
far as you'd like and the usage of "np:" lines has dropped dramatically as old
timers got fed up and left. Google has 38 messages with "np:" lines for the
whole month of september - which is less than the amount Dayv would post in a
single day two years ago!
np: Nothing.
Yeah. I agree. I think I'll start posting mine when I actually AM
listening to something!

np: Tarmvred - Viva 6581
Drew
2003-10-02 14:41:10 UTC
Post by Keef
np: Tarmvred - Viva 6581
How is this?

Cheers,
Drew
Keef
2003-10-02 17:37:03 UTC
Post by Drew
Post by Keef
np: Tarmvred - Viva 6581
How is this?
It's excellent, He's gone more C64 as the title sounds...

If you liked the end of Subfusc part 1 you'll love it.

The third track goes a bit happy techno but then goes supremely noisy
so I'll let it off.

www.sharpsinjury.net
to email me remove the "-"