Jared from Chemlab with Pigface
Chaz
2003-10-01 15:46:00 UTC
From Jared of Chemlab:

"I'm going to be out on the road with Pigface for the first three
weeks of the tour in November. That'll cover the Midwest/Lakes, East
Coast, thru
Florida and into Texas. Then I split back to London for some pretty
cool and high-profile shows. Check the tour-specific site:
www.theunitedtour.com and
you can also check out: www.pigface.net. It's gonna be a cool line-up
and any spreading of the word you can do I'd really appreciate. I'm
really
looking forward to being out there again and seeing all the kids.
Been missing everyone fierce and need a good dose of the 'face
napalm-vietnam-scream along...and what with a new chemlab record
coming out, there might be a few surprises in the bomb bay. I'll even
be selling shirts and maybe a few discs. I've also come across a few
of the XXX Burn Out artworks, but I'm not sure if there's any interest
in them any more."

More Chemlab info at: www.waste.org/chemlab

Chaz
Armitage-VI
2003-10-05 20:00:06 UTC
Yay!!

Hooray for the guy in Chemlab who is still leaching on to
a has been band, yipee good to see a dead end deal label is carying on
to cash in..

Blah,
David
NP:APC "The Noose
Chaz
Sound Mirror
heh, chemlab does not get old
vermin707
2003-10-06 04:53:05 UTC
Post by Armitage-VI
Hooray for the guy in Chemlab who is still leaching on to
a has been band, yipee good to see a dead end deal label is carying on
to cash in..
Well, I am a Chemlab fan, and I am hyped to hear some new Jared
stuff, and I think Jared's a pretty cool guy. That being said; two
things:
1) I would be more into this album if it were released under another
name. Chemlab without Dylan is not Chemlab. That's not going to make
it a bad album(I've yet to hear any of it) but it just ain't Chemlab.

2) If you shake Martin's hand, Jared, you should make sure to count
your fingers afterward.
Sound Mirror
2003-10-06 07:24:33 UTC
Post by vermin707
Post by Armitage-VI
Hooray for the guy in Chemlab who is still leaching on to
a has been band, yipee good to see a dead end deal label is carying on
to cash in..
Well, I am a Chemlab fan, and I am hyped to hear some new Jared
stuff, and I think Jared's a pretty cool guy. That being said; two
1) I would be more into this album if it were released under another
name. Chemlab without Dylan is not Chemlab. That's not going to make
it a bad album(I've yet to hear any of it) but it just ain't Chemlab.
2) If you shake Martin's hand, Jared, you should make sure to count
your fingers afterward.
"If you shake my hand, better count your fingers" - Megadeth "Dread and the
Fugitive Mind"
Chris Christian
2003-10-06 15:48:43 UTC
Post by vermin707
1) I would be more into this album if it were released under another
name. Chemlab without Dylan is not Chemlab. That's not going to make
it a bad album(I've yet to hear any of it) but it just ain't Chemlab.
I stayed with Jared & his wife for about a week this summer when
I was in London on two seperate occasions. While I not played any
of the new Chemlab album, I was played an old Dylan keyboard solo
from the East Side Militia recording sessions that is going to show
up as a suture on the new album. So the new album will have Dylan
on it for at least one track.

The way Jared decribed the who Dylan is that he has been unable to
find Dylan. When they last talked several years ago, Dylan had completely
left the music business and had no desire to return. The name of the band
was actually Jared's creation and it has the extra power of marketing
due to the name having been around in the scene for the last decade.

Jester
Sound Mirror
2003-10-07 00:54:18 UTC
Post by Chris Christian
Post by vermin707
1) I would be more into this album if it were released under another
name. Chemlab without Dylan is not Chemlab. That's not going to make
it a bad album(I've yet to hear any of it) but it just ain't Chemlab.
I stayed with Jared & his wife for about a week this summer when
I was in London on two seperate occasions. While I not played any
of the new Chemlab album, I was played an old Dylan keyboard solo
from the East Side Militia recording sessions that is going to show
up as a suture on the new album. So the new album will have Dylan
on it for at least one track.
Hmm.. i wonder if he's going to be credited on the new album, assuming that
what you said will be true.
Post by Chris Christian
The way Jared decribed the who Dylan is that he has been unable to
find Dylan. When they last talked several years ago, Dylan had completely
left the music business and had no desire to return. The name of the band
was actually Jared's creation and it has the extra power of marketing
due to the name having been around in the scene for the last decade.
An "inside source" said Dylan was not happy about the re-release of the
Chemlab stuff on Invisible, since he didn't receive any royalties
apparently.
Locke
2003-10-07 12:40:34 UTC
Please let me quote Sound Mirror...
|Chris Christian <***@nwlxgen02.jf.intel.com> wrote ...
|> The way Jared decribed the who Dylan is that he has been unable to
|> find Dylan. When they last talked several years ago, Dylan had completely
|> left the music business and had no desire to return.
|
|An "inside source" said Dylan was not happy about the re-release of the
|Chemlab stuff on Invisible, since he didn't receive any royalties
|apparently.

Obviously someone who has 'completely left' a business cannot receive
any royalties from said business, otherwise he would've left it only
rather incompletely.

CU,
Locke

NP: Swans "Love of Life"
--
_ __ ___ _ __ ___ \\|||//
|____|\__/ \__\|_|\_\|___| \__=__/
| |
rivetmike
2003-10-08 08:29:13 UTC
Post by Locke
Please let me quote Sound Mirror...
|> The way Jared decribed the who Dylan is that he has been unable to
|> find Dylan. When they last talked several years ago, Dylan had completely
|> left the music business and had no desire to return.
|
|An "inside source" said Dylan was not happy about the re-release of the
|Chemlab stuff on Invisible, since he didn't receive any royalties
|apparently.
Obviously someone who has 'completely left' a business cannot receive
any royalties from said business, otherwise he would've left it only
rather incompletely.
But it he had any writing credits on those tracks then he should have
been paid,that IS the way it works....

Rivetmike
Veni Vidi Exii
2003-10-08 08:44:23 UTC
Post by rivetmike
But it he had any writing credits on those tracks then he
should have been paid,that IS the way it works....
Locke was saying that as long as he has outstanding publishing /
writing agreements and continues to collect money for those,
he's still "in the music business."

Unless I missed something.
--
-Chris
"The 80s sucked in the 80s, and they still suck now."

"For that much man-on-man power, you had to step over into the
German industrial theme, the most manly music of all time."
- Hans Bunschlapen, of Zeigenbock Kopf
rivetmike
I see your point :)
Chris Christian
2003-10-08 15:21:34 UTC
Post by rivetmike
Post by Locke
Obviously someone who has 'completely left' a business cannot receive
any royalties from said business, otherwise he would've left it only
rather incompletely.
But it he had any writing credits on those tracks then he should have
been paid,that IS the way it works....
You are assuming that there have been and royalty payments to begin with.
There seems to be this misunderstanding that industrial albums make any
money for record sales in the US. Speaking from experience of running
a label for five years, ending up $10K in the hole, but still paying
the micro-royalties that I was contractually obligated, this made me rather
unique.

Most of the labels that have closed due to finanical concerns have
closed and NEVER paid a dime of royalties to their bands. How do I know
this? I've talked to many artists in the genre and found out that few have
ever been paid, many actually never expect to be paid, they just want
their album to be released and not have to paid for it themselves.

Another thing to consider is that it can take months or even years after
an album has been released before all of the costs involved are recouped
and the artists even start to see royalties.

I am not trying to justify the non-payment of royalties. I am just trying
to explain to this forum the contractual and logistics of royalty payment
in the music business and how it is very one-side in the favor of the labels.

Could with the fact that no one in the band or the lab has been able to
find Dylan anywhere and it sounds like he hasn't even made the effort to try
and contact the label to ask for royalties, sounds a lot like whining to me.

Jester
Chaz
2003-10-21 11:33:21 UTC
Greetings, wireheads:

Jared here. This is just a quick posting to explain why the CHEMLAB
record&#8217;s taking so damned long to hit the streets. Jason and
Jamie and FJ and I (along with a few other key noisists) had a
fantastic, spring-wound, deepcut-groove time writing and tearing apart
the trax that make up OXIDIZER. It&#8217;s a great record, very much
in the vein of BURN OUT, while not imitating it. It updates and
mutates and at its heart is a detonator coil set to go.

I&#8217;m really proud of it and everything that&#8217;s brought it
this far. I want to make sure that all of Jason, Jamie and FJ&#8217;s
hard work gets shown off in the best possible way, with the most
power. However, everyone on the project felt that it got rushed at the
end and needed more than we could give it at the time. It was a tough
call but we&#8217;ve decided to bring in a second producer, Julian
Beeston, to work with us on finishing off the record. This means that
the record won&#8217;t be coming out until January but when it hits
the streets, it&#8217;s guaranteed to be a multi-layered sonic beast
even more improved by a second drag through the mixing desk.

To compensate somewhat for this disappointing delay, I&#8217;ll have
copies of a limited edition EP with me on the Pigface tour.
It&#8217;ll have a few trax on it that you might be interested in - a
couple of trax from OXIDIZER, as well as two from some EAST SIDE
MILITIA demos which I came across recently. The demos feature Geno and
the late great William Tucker - very different versions than on the
album, and they sound amazing!

OXIDIZER couldn't have happened without Jason, Jamie and FJ, and come
January, I hope you&#8217;ll all agree that it was well worth waiting
for. In the meantime,
thanks for your patience.

Anyone interested in street teaming the new record should send a note
to the site here and we&#8217;ll be in touch. We need as much help as
we can muster to help spread this record out to the edges.
Now hold still: here it comes...
jared
Jester
artistmusician
2003-10-22 22:42:08 UTC
This is a Hoax! The original Chemlab was Dylan Thomas More, Joe Frank
and later joined by Jared.

Jared you are only 1/3 of the initial group. How dare you call
yourself Chemlab!!!!

The other members urge everyone not to buy any effort by this group!
Jester
Delameko Stone
2003-10-23 13:47:17 UTC
Post by artistmusician
This is a Hoax! The original Chemlab was Dylan Thomas More, Joe Frank
and later joined by Jared.
Jared you are only 1/3 of the initial group. How dare you call
yourself Chemlab!!!!
The other members urge everyone not to buy any effort by this group!
Whatever dude. Jared's _the_ man, Acumen rule, and Julian Beeston is
just icing on the cake...
alien
2003-10-29 14:41:10 UTC
On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 14:47:17 +0100, "Delameko Stone"
<***@jslater.plus.com> wrote:

Back in the day when the vault and fith column records was real. I
likesd the Rob remixes from D.C. All the other stuff was bunk.
Pig face is doing good Curse Mackey rocked with them this year they
are on tour in november i think. Should be fun last show in tamps was
about 400 people. Not a bad turn out for tampa. Jarad is ok as a
human Curse says he rocks give the cat some props.
Alienxxx
just icing on the cake...
Locke
2003-10-23 15:08:44 UTC
Post by artistmusician
This is a Hoax! The original Chemlab was Dylan Thomas More, Joe Frank
and later joined by Jared.
Jared you are only 1/3 of the initial group. How dare you call
yourself Chemlab!!!!
The other members urge everyone not to buy any effort by this group!
Don't you think that boycotting this effort without having an
adequate alternative is a rather negative approach? What else could
you recommend to a fan of Jared's or Chemlab's music these days?

CU,
Locke

NP: The Residents "Demons Dance Alone"
--
_ __ ___ _ __ ___ \\|||//
|____|\__/ \__\|_|\_\|___| \__=__/
| |
Crudbreeder
2003-10-23 20:02:03 UTC
Post by Locke
Post by artistmusician
This is a Hoax! The original Chemlab was Dylan Thomas More, Joe Frank
and later joined by Jared.
Jared you are only 1/3 of the initial group. How dare you call
yourself Chemlab!!!!
The other members urge everyone not to buy any effort by this group!
Don't you think that boycotting this effort without having an
adequate alternative is a rather negative approach? What else could
you recommend to a fan of Jared's or Chemlab's music these days?
The Haters?

np: various Barry White
--
"I am SMP system but wine no fastest from mono procesor system, if wine
use
all prosesor or only one"
artistmusician
2003-10-26 13:08:04 UTC
If you must have it then download it from Kazaa. Jared never wrote a
note of the music of Chemlab other than the vocal melodies (If that
could be refered to as music) and it is pitiful that he feels he must
cash in on the Chemlab name. Jared could be refered to as the weakest
link. Jared, duded, Chemlab is through. Get over it!
Delameko Stone
Jared came up with the name Chemlab. I think he has the right to use it...
artistmusician
GunHed
2003-10-27 16:38:50 UTC
Thanks for clearing that up, I can sleep a lot easier now.
Todd Clayton
2003-10-27 17:58:38 UTC
Post by GunHed
Post by artistmusician
This is simply not true. Dylan More came up with the name Chemlab then
Joe Frank and Jared agreed on it.
Thanks for clearing that up, I can sleep a lot easier now.
Agreed. Why are we arguing about a band that hasn't released anything
since, what, 1996?
--
+---------------------------------+--------------------------------+
| Todd Clayton aka DJ Todd | Real Synthetic Audio |
tax fraud. - Dayv.
Nev
2003-10-28 00:12:41 UTC
"GunHed" <***@erols.com>

The movie for your sig...

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0097410/
Delameko Stone
2003-10-27 17:22:53 UTC
Not the way I heard it...
Sound Mirror
hmm... is this Dylan?
artistmusician
2003-10-29 02:51:29 UTC
I'm not Dylan. If someone heard that Jared thought up the name Chemlab
well all I can say is that he has a tendency to alter the truth. In
other words he tells a bunch of lies.
hmm... is this Dylan?
Keef
2003-10-30 16:10:26 UTC
Post by artistmusician
I'm not Dylan. If someone heard that Jared thought up the name Chemlab
well all I can say is that he has a tendency to alter the truth. In
other words he tells a bunch of lies.
Sorry to sound awful, but so what! He's using it and if you don't like
it don't bother with it. I'm not fussed about its existence because
I'm not a fan of chemlab. I liked Ten Ton Pressure (I think it was
called) but that was about it and it was a long time ago.

He can call himself Skinny Puppy for all I care!
artistmusician
2003-11-07 15:01:38 UTC
I can tell you that not only is Dylan not being paid roylaties from
Invisible but neither is Joe Frank who is was originially credited on
all the TTP songs that invisible is now selling. Joe Frank's name was
taken off (apparently Jared forgot to mention to Martin that he was
one of the authors), also Hilary Bercovici's name was erased as the
engineer and producer of the TTP material. It is comical that Jared
would call the new project Chemlab. Nobody should buy this. I would
remind all of you that record labels are not only obligated to pay
royalties but also to give accounting statements and list credits.

Rivetmike
Delameko Stone
2003-11-07 15:19:15 UTC
Post by artistmusician
I can tell you that not only is Dylan not being paid roylaties from
Invisible but neither is Joe Frank who is was originially credited on
all the TTP songs that invisible is now selling. Joe Frank's name was
taken off (apparently Jared forgot to mention to Martin that he was
one of the authors), also Hilary Bercovici's name was erased as the
engineer and producer of the TTP material. It is comical that Jared
would call the new project Chemlab. Nobody should buy this. I would
remind all of you that record labels are not only obligated to pay
royalties but also to give accounting statements and list credits.
Would you give it a rest!!!

I think we all know your position on this, and NOBODY CARES!
Sound Mirror
2003-11-08 05:34:46 UTC
Post by Delameko Stone
Post by artistmusician
I can tell you that not only is Dylan not being paid roylaties from
Invisible but neither is Joe Frank who is was originially credited on
all the TTP songs that invisible is now selling. Joe Frank's name was
taken off (apparently Jared forgot to mention to Martin that he was
one of the authors), also Hilary Bercovici's name was erased as the
engineer and producer of the TTP material. It is comical that Jared
would call the new project Chemlab. Nobody should buy this. I would
remind all of you that record labels are not only obligated to pay
royalties but also to give accounting statements and list credits.
Would you give it a rest!!!
I think we all know your position on this, and NOBODY CARES!
Personally, i am interested in the new Chemlab and artistmusician's post
will not sway me from buying it.. but I wouldn't generalize by saying nobody
cares. Unlike you and I, I'm sure there are people who hold with his
opinion.
Armitage-VI
2003-11-10 20:04:22 UTC
Post by artistmusician
I can tell you that not only is Dylan not being paid roylaties from
Invisible but neither is Joe Frank who is was originially credited on
all the TTP songs that invisible is now selling.
Woah!!! You mean that Invisible is suppose to pay
royalties?!?!? oh, I though it was all Pay for Play so Martin can get
more bling bling.

Peace,
David
NP: Sunshine Blind "Liquid" <-Who just signed to
UndergroundInc....makes you wonder if they get any royalties,or if
they just bought Martin a platinum drum stick ....