Larvae news
nicolas chevreux
2003-10-30 18:12:25 UTC
Hello

Here are some news about the Larvae project.

1. Now available:

The "Fashion Victim" CD album and "Monster music" CD ep were released
in the last month on Ad Noiseam and have gathered a lot of very
positive reviews. Both are widely available. Please note that the CD
ep does not feature any track from the CD album.
Review of "Fashion Victim":
www.immanence.co.uk/reviews/larvae-fashion.htm
Review of "Monster Music":
www.industrial.org/releases.php?a1=4&l=m&t2=7302&t0=7304

2. Larvae DJ set:

Larvae will DJ at a Halloween party in Atlanta on the 31st of October
at Artspot (704 McGruder St Studio N, Atlanta GA 30312).

3. Remixes

A remix of Cdatakill's "Resting in paradise" by Larvae is now
available on the "Duo Tone" compilation on Sub Session.
Remixes of tracks by TSS and Censor by Larvae will be released on
these acts' forthcoming albums on Hive Records.

4. Forthcoming

Larvae is currently working on a collaboration with Horchata.
Larvae is also working on a remix for Displacer as well as on a remix
project for Miles Tillman.
Expect some Larvae t-shirts available from Ad Noiseam in a near
future.

5. Live

Larvae, along with another act, will tour in North America in early
2003.

Links:
Larvae: www.zeroplate.com
Ad Noiseam: www.adnoiseam.net
Artspot: www.tubecreative.com/artspot
Sub Session: www.sub-session.com
Hive Records: www.hiverecords.com
Horchata: www.zero1media.com/horchata
Miles Tillman: www.webhole.com

Best regards,

Nicolas
-
Ad Noiseam:
http://www.adnoiseam.net
-
Recycle Your Ears
http://www.recycleyourears.com
nicolas chevreux
2003-10-31 10:25:03 UTC
On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 19:12:25 +0100, nicolas chevreux
Post by nicolas chevreux
Larvae, along with another act, will tour in North America in early
2003.
Of course, this should read "early 2004". :-)

Nicolas
-
Ad Noiseam:
http://www.adnoiseam.net
-
nicolas chevreux
2003-11-14 12:10:16 UTC
Hello,

Here is a new review of Larvae's "Fashion Victim" (Ad Noiseam adn29),
courtesy of Wetworks Ezine (http://www.wetworksezine.com):

"Following the superb "Monster Music EP" Larvae is back with a
full-length album entitled "Fashion Victim" on the German Ad Noiseam
records label. The first thing you will notice is the very laid-back
tone of the album, it's all very chilled out and relaxing. Deep bass
tones laid over rich organic sounds and tight breaks make up this 10
track album.
The title track displays Larvae at their best, deep bass hits
intermingle with soothing horns and skittering electronics. Moving
into slightly darker territory is "I Own You" which is a bit more
typical of the drum n' bass genre. "I Own You" is a lot faster and
more uptempo than a lot of the other tracks on the album, fusing fast
breaks with typical drum'n'bass rhythms. I also really enjoyed the
fusing of IDM with a slight hip-hop influence on the track
"Tonystark." Fascinating stuff.
The sounds on "Fashion Victim" are very interesting and original. The
comparisons to Scorn are warranted but I believe in some instances
Larvae move above them and create something even more interesting and
unique. "Fashion Victim" is both relaxing and sometimes chilling to
listen to. The mix of deep tones, clicky sounds and magnificent
percussion make "Fashion Victim" very satisfying to the ear. Highly
recommended."

More information about this release:
www.adnoiseam.net/label/catalog/29

Best regards,