Sample source: "...fool. It was only yours by chance. It must have been mine. It should have been mine..."
Mark Witherspoon
2004-02-18 06:12:15 UTC
I was watching the animated version of Lord of the Rings the other
day. When Boramir said this line, I knew I've heard that sampled
somewhere before.

"...fool. It was only yours by chance. It must have been mine. It
should have been mine. Give it to me."

I'm 99% sure I've heard this as a sample in some industrial song, but
I can't figure out where. I was thinking Skinny Puppy or Velvet Acid
Christ, but I couldn't find it on any of the CD's. Also checked
http://www.sloth.org/samples/samples.html and google searches, but no
luck.

Any ideas?
Mark Witherspoon
2004-02-26 03:42:50 UTC
Post by Mark Witherspoon
I was watching the animated version of Lord of the Rings the other
day. When Boramir said this line, I knew I've heard that sampled
somewhere before.
"...fool. It was only yours by chance. It must have been mine. It
should have been mine. Give it to me."
I'm 99% sure I've heard this as a sample in some industrial song, but
I can't figure out where. I was thinking Skinny Puppy or Velvet Acid
Christ, but I couldn't find it on any of the CD's. Also checked
http://www.sloth.org/samples/samples.html and google searches, but no
luck.
Any ideas?
I finally found it while listening to my "Electro-Industrial Sounds of
the Northwest" compilation. I haven't heard it for a while, so it
took some digging to finally locate it.

This sample is on the song SMP - Backwards. Good song, BTW.