Bon Harris scuppers rumour of a Nitzer Ebb reunion
DJ Eurotic
2003-08-13 13:08:01 UTC
HELLO - HELLO!
i have asked BON HARRIS directly,
"Untrue, completely untrue. We have just finished the Maven record, and are
getting ready to do shows in the US. I think it will be released early next
year. That's about it."
THERE IS NO MORE NEP - SAD BUT VERY TRUE :-/
Feh, their last album was shit anyway. And why do we need NE anymore
when there's SPETSNAZ?:)

I'd love to see them live one more time tho, that's for sure.

-Matt
DJ Eurotic
Girl the Bourgeois Individualist
2003-08-13 17:22:28 UTC
Post by DJ Eurotic
HELLO - HELLO!
i have asked BON HARRIS directly,
"Untrue, completely untrue. We have just finished the Maven record, and are
getting ready to do shows in the US. I think it will be released early next
year. That's about it."
THERE IS NO MORE NEP - SAD BUT VERY TRUE :-/
Feh, their last album was shit anyway. And why do we need NE anymore
when there's SPETSNAZ?:)
Going by the fact that Doug has recently been working with Terence Fixmer,
whose work is strongly influenced by early NE, there would have been a good
chance it would have been more in that vein. Ah well, there's still the
product of that collaboration to come.
Post by DJ Eurotic
I'd love to see them live one more time tho, that's for sure.
Defo, though most of the other old school EBM bands are coming back - F242,
Neon Judgement, aa;Grumh, The Weathermen, The Fair Sex etc. I'd kill to see a
major classic EBM festival here in London, probably never happen tho'.

Girl.
Keef
2003-08-14 11:37:06 UTC
Post by Girl the Bourgeois Individualist
Defo, though most of the other old school EBM bands are coming back - F242,
Neon Judgement, aa;Grumh, The Weathermen, The Fair Sex etc. I'd kill to see a
major classic EBM festival here in London, probably never happen tho'.
The only reason I'd watch these bands is for nostalgia. I picked up an
old Nitzer Ebb album (belief) and put it on the other day and got
utterly bored with it very quickly..

Early EBM has just dated really badly IMO and the only reason I'd go
is because I _used_ to be into them.
DJ Eurotic
2003-08-14 18:38:57 UTC
Post by Keef
The only reason I'd watch these bands is for nostalgia. I picked up an
old Nitzer Ebb album (belief) and put it on the other day and got
utterly bored with it very quickly..
Early EBM has just dated really badly IMO and the only reason I'd go
is because I _used_ to be into them.
Well, the sound is starting to come back, especially with styles like
electroclash (or whatever you want to call it). Personally, I think
the NE albums hold up really well and I really like the producion--
it's simple and clean, unlike a lot of the newer EBM shlock out there.
I guess I can understand the nostalgia comment, tho.

-Matt
Keef
2003-08-15 10:13:54 UTC
Post by DJ Eurotic
Well, the sound is starting to come back, especially with styles like
electroclash (or whatever you want to call it). Personally, I think
the NE albums hold up really well and I really like the producion--
it's simple and clean, unlike a lot of the newer EBM shlock out there.
I guess I can understand the nostalgia comment, tho.
I'm just not big on EBM in general really...

But I used to be when I was younger. The newer EBM doesn't sound as
dated (obviously) but it is just cheese now and has nothing new to
offere anyone. At least early 242 or NE DID!
Workbreeder
2003-08-15 12:45:21 UTC
Post by Keef
Post by DJ Eurotic
Well, the sound is starting to come back, especially with styles like
electroclash (or whatever you want to call it). Personally, I think
the NE albums hold up really well and I really like the producion--
it's simple and clean, unlike a lot of the newer EBM shlock out there.
I guess I can understand the nostalgia comment, tho.
I'm just not big on EBM in general really...
But I used to be when I was younger. The newer EBM doesn't sound as
dated (obviously) but it is just cheese now and has nothing new to
offere anyone. At least early 242 or NE DID!
Hmm, I am of a different opinion, I think 242 is one of the bands that
has dated quite well, in comparison to stuff like A grumh or Klinik
Greylock
2003-08-19 12:16:38 UTC
Last episode "Girl the Bourgeois Individualist"
Post by Girl the Bourgeois Individualist
Defo, though most of the other old school EBM bands are coming back - F242,
Neon Judgement, aa;Grumh, The Weathermen, The Fair Sex etc. I'd kill to see a
major classic EBM festival here in London, probably never happen tho'.
Forgive me, for I read nor rmi,
but a:gumph doing stuff?