mimus
2006-06-01 15:28:41 UTC
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
I am a reject...and you can't substitute me.
I have been to the dark side of the moon and found it delightful..
"There is no dark side of the moon really . . . ."
I was somewhere dark...
"As a matter of fact, it's all dark."
Seeing them play on the moon would be, "The Great Gig In The Sky."
Pink Floyd is dead. They died ca. 1980, after the weak concert song
release _Animals_ and the ultracommercial _The Wall_. They are an
ex-group.

They had a great run from _Ummagumma_ to _Wish You Were Here_.

Genesis died ca., what? '74? what year was _Lamb_? after that (although the
_Seconds Out_ version of "Supper's Ready" is musically much more powerful,
and better, than the studio version, in spite of wotsisname's hooting).

Tull died when they started listening to the critics.

Yes died when they took the _burgerlich_ Wakeman back.

And Van der Graaf died when Hammill started pretending he was a rock
guitarist.

Like he needed to be one (I don't think we had another raspy-raw vocal
authenticity and power like that until Ogre, and Hammill may still have had
him on lyrics-- dunno how SP worked that).

(Skinny Puppy seems to be an ex-group as well.)
--
***@hotmail.com

smeeter 11 or maybe 12

mp 10

mhm 29x13

_Thurb_, tinkle, boing, fump, twang. Music, by
heaven. Music.

< _The Thurb Revolution_
Zaragon
2006-06-02 19:36:44 UTC
Post by mimus
Tull died when they started listening to the critics.
No, they "died" when they started listening to their aging, ossified
audience that spurned their brilliant Under Wraps LP in 1984.

TS
Tim Weaver
2006-06-02 19:47:31 UTC
Post by Zaragon
Post by mimus
Tull died when they started listening to the critics.
No, they "died" when they started listening to their aging, ossified
audience that spurned their brilliant Under Wraps LP in 1984.
But Ian plays a flute.

(and does that leg thing)
--
Tim Weaver

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I am not so sure what you heard is not what I meant.
dave hillstrom
2006-06-02 20:33:18 UTC
Post by Zaragon
Post by mimus
Tull died when they started listening to the critics.
No, they "died" when they started listening to their aging, ossified
audience that spurned their brilliant Under Wraps LP in 1984.
TS
bah. tull never died.
--
Dave Hillstrom mhm15x4 zrbj
"I can't find my puppy, can you help me find him? I think he went
-Dave Hillstrom
mimus
2006-06-02 21:04:27 UTC
Post by dave hillstrom
Post by Zaragon
Post by mimus
Tull died when they started listening to the critics.
No, they "died" when they started listening to their aging, ossified
audience that spurned their brilliant Under Wraps LP in 1984.
bah. tull never died.
Then they had a serious case of the hiccups after _Passion Play_.

Although I'll admit it was nothing like post-Gabriel Genesis.
--
***@hotmail.com

smeeter 11 or maybe 12

mp 10

Where am I, Dove?

< _The Einstein Intersection_
Zaragon
2006-06-02 21:01:54 UTC
Post by mimus
Post by dave hillstrom
Post by Zaragon
Post by mimus
Tull died when they started listening to the critics.
No, they "died" when they started listening to their aging, ossified
audience that spurned their brilliant Under Wraps LP in 1984.
bah. tull never died.
Then they had a serious case of the hiccups after _Passion Play_.
Although I'll admit it was nothing like post-Gabriel Genesis.
You mean post-Hackett Genesis?

TS
dave hillstrom
2006-06-03 00:23:00 UTC
Post by Zaragon
Post by mimus
Post by dave hillstrom
Post by Zaragon
Post by mimus
Tull died when they started listening to the critics.
No, they "died" when they started listening to their aging, ossified
audience that spurned their brilliant Under Wraps LP in 1984.
bah. tull never died.
Then they had a serious case of the hiccups after _Passion Play_.
Although I'll admit it was nothing like post-Gabriel Genesis.
You mean post-Hackett Genesis?
TS
fuck that.

post-roth post-vanhalen-child-birth van halen. = death.
-Dave Hillstrom
Gary Hendershot
2006-06-12 05:43:29 UTC
Post by Zaragon
Post by mimus
Post by dave hillstrom
Post by Zaragon
Post by mimus
Tull died when they started listening to the critics.
No, they "died" when they started listening to their aging, ossified
audience that spurned their brilliant Under Wraps LP in 1984.
bah. tull never died.
Then they had a serious case of the hiccups after _Passion Play_.
Although I'll admit it was nothing like post-Gabriel Genesis.
You mean post-Hackett Genesis?

More like post-hair Phil Collins.

C:\Gary_H@>
http://garyhendershot.com/