OLD SCHOOL INDUSTRIAL CLUB LAUNCHING - LONDON
Chris Damage
2004-08-06 00:19:00 UTC
3rd Saturday every month starting SAT 21 AUG 2004 kunsthaus promotions
presents an OLD SCHOOL INDUSTRIAL insurgency UPSTAIRS AT THE GARAGE opp
highbury tube/BR LONDON N1 2100-0300 £6/£5 DRESS TO OPPRESS
Chris Damage
2004-08-06 00:22:25 UTC
We have a website too btw www.strengththroughjoy.org
18hz
2004-08-10 18:40:15 UTC
On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 00:22:25 GMT, "Chris Damage"
Post by Chris Damage
www.strengththroughjoy.org
Tasteful.
--
Iain x http://18hz.com

Coca cola - Proud sponsor of Colombian death squads!
Todd Clayton
2004-08-10 21:36:15 UTC
Post by 18hz
Post by Chris Damage
www.strengththroughjoy.org
Tasteful.
Take it out to the bike racks, wankers.
--
+---------------------------------+--------------------------------+
| Todd Clayton aka DJ Todd | Real Synthetic Audio |
never owned a cat.
18hz
2004-08-11 00:42:29 UTC
Post by Todd Clayton
Post by 18hz
Post by Chris Damage
www.strengththroughjoy.org
Tasteful.
Take it out to the bike racks, wankers.
Calm down dear, it's only a commercial!
--
Iain x http://18hz.com

narcissism * hedonism * ironic detachment
Paul's penis is Hell, boy.
2004-08-11 01:19:20 UTC
Post by Chris Damage
www.strengththroughjoy.org
Tasteful.
you're probably thinking of the slogan "Arbeit macht Frei" over the
gates of Auschwitz. THAT would be <sarcasm>tasteful.</sarcasm>

actually, Kraft durch Freude (Strength Through Joy) was the actual brand
name of VW during WWII (nevermind that the war derailed consumer sales
entirely, so calling it a brand is somewhat tenuous). thusly, through
1945, Volkswagens were actually KdF-wagens. "Volkswagen" was basically a
derivative of Nazi propaganda sloganeering, and sounded less stupid, so
when the British and American occupying forces decided that VW should
continue making cars, thats what stuck.

-Paul, who knows way too much about things no one else cares about.
18hz
2004-08-11 11:55:19 UTC
Post by Chris Damage
www.strengththroughjoy.org
Tasteful.
you're probably thinking of the slogan "Arbeit macht Frei" over the
gates of Auschwitz. THAT would be <sarcasm>tasteful.</sarcasm>
Or perhaps 'Tanz Mutterbumser'?
Post by Paul's penis is Hell, boy.
actually, Kraft durch Freude (Strength Through Joy) was the actual brand
name of VW during WWII (nevermind that the war derailed consumer sales
entirely, so calling it a brand is somewhat tenuous).
There was a little more to it than that wasn't there? Strength Through
Joy was the recreational wing of the German Labor Front, considered
important to the productivity and cohesion of Nazi Germany.
VW was named after it because the organisation ran a subsidised
savings scheme to help workers purchase the cars. Or something like
that..
--
Iain x http://18hz.com

Is there no help for the widow's son?
Paul's penis is Hell, boy.
2004-08-11 21:52:26 UTC
http://18hz.deid.net/art/tanz-mutterbumser.jpg
Post by Paul's penis is Hell, boy.
actually, Kraft durch Freude (Strength Through Joy) was the actual brand
name of VW during WWII (nevermind that the war derailed consumer sales
entirely, so calling it a brand is somewhat tenuous).
There was a little more to it than that wasn't there? Strength Through
Joy was the recreational wing of the German Labor Front, considered
important to the productivity and cohesion of Nazi Germany.
VW was named after it because the organisation ran a subsidised
savings scheme to help workers purchase the cars. Or something like
that..
ah yes, that wierd savings scheme that failed entirely... that slipped
my mind. however, beyond that, all i know is that VW was formerly KdF,
so i guess i'll just take your word for anything beyond that, since i'm
too lazy to research it.
-Paul
18hz
2004-08-10 18:37:14 UTC
On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 00:19:00 GMT, "Chris Damage"
Post by Chris Damage
3rd Saturday every month starting SAT 21 AUG 2004 kunsthaus promotions
presents an OLD SCHOOL INDUSTRIAL insurgency UPSTAIRS AT THE GARAGE opp
highbury tube/BR LONDON N1 2100-0300 £6/£5 DRESS TO OPPRESS
Ooh, a shoe box near Dalston, how nice. Shame my squatter friends have
moved out of the area, I'd have had rollergirl to hold my hand..

=:o/
--
Iain x http://18hz.com

'.. it was a matter of common knowledge that a man could carry about
in a handbag an amount of latent energy sufficient to wreck half a
city.' - The World Set Free / H.G.Wells / 1914
2004-08-13 12:39:58 UTC
What d'ya mean? You wankers ain't gonna be playing no Apop?
Chris Damage
2004-08-16 17:16:23 UTC
What d'ya mean? You wankers ain't gonna be playing >no Apop?
No way dude :)