Best since 2000?
miu
2006-05-28 04:37:00 UTC
I love industrial dance music, but almost everything I listen to are
from bands that peaked in the 90s. I need some new stuff to listen to.
I'm looking for votes of the best bands putting music out since 2000.
Kind of like a top 10? Any opinions?
Nicolas Chevreux
2006-05-28 12:56:31 UTC
Hello,
Post by miu
I love industrial dance music, but almost everything I listen to are
from bands that peaked in the 90s. I need some new stuff to listen to.
I'm looking for votes of the best bands putting music out since 2000.
Kind of like a top 10? Any opinions?
Industrial Dance Music? Kylie Minogue.

Nicolas
--
Ad Noiseam
http://www.adnoiseam.net
Syl
2006-05-29 19:21:39 UTC
Post by Nicolas Chevreux
Hello,
Post by miu
I love industrial dance music, but almost everything I listen to are
from bands that peaked in the 90s. I need some new stuff to listen to.
In Strict Confidence

Syl
Albino Leviathan
2006-05-28 17:39:59 UTC
Post by miu
I love industrial dance music, but almost everything I listen to are
from bands that peaked in the 90s. I need some new stuff to listen to.
I'm looking for votes of the best bands putting music out since 2000.
Kind of like a top 10? Any opinions?
Hmmm. A lot of people are listening to VNV Nation, Covenant and
Apoptygma Berzerk. Somehow, people think that qualifies as industrial.
It's definitely dance music, though. Imagine:

1. No matter what country they're from, they sing in English because
it's more marketable.

2. Once they learn English, they morph the voices of David Gahan and
Peter Murphy.

3. They add a somewhat wimpy 4x4 beat. Definitely not a "thwack thwack
thwack thwack." Somewhere between a "boom boom boom boom" and a "boop
boop boop boop."

4. Unapologetically cheese synth lines, chordal patterns and pads.

5. Very infrequently a sound that would qualify as "industrial."

Ok, enough dissing on "future pop." I think Wumpscut put out a really
good album this year. Cannibal Anthem. Dunno if you like him in the
90s. You probably did. The album is completely in German, unlike
Bunker 7 or whatever it was.

Also, Leaether Strip is back in action after a LONG hiatus, with an
album called, "After the Devastation." Also a mini-album called
"Walking on Volcanos" is out soon, if not already.

My three favorite new finds, which are a bit more brash, are in order of
preference:

1. Terrorfakt: Cold Steel World
2. Suicide Commando: Bind, Torture, Kill
3. Heimataerde: Gotteskreiger

I also want to mention yelworC's new album, "Trinity." I dunno if it
qualifies as a dance album. It does have a funky beat much of the time.
But I think it's fucking awesome.

You'll notice that everyone here will have a different opinion and I am
about 95% sure I'm gonna get dissed. :)
--
Albino Leviathan
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
http://members.cox.net/albinoleviathan
miu
2006-05-29 12:06:08 UTC
Thanks. I wasn't really thinking of Kylie Minogue. Your entry was
much more helpful. I guess I don't really need any funky beats, just
something with a beat (don't like experimental). Maybe I'm labeling
the genre wrong. Anyway, I'm looking for different opinions so I hope
some more people speak up.
-miu
Dejan Stone
What 90s bands do you like? Maybe that would help us pinpoint some stuff...
buzzgun
2006-05-29 13:52:59 UTC
Post by Albino Leviathan
Post by miu
I love industrial dance music, but almost everything I listen to are
from bands that peaked in the 90s. I need some new stuff to listen to.
I'm looking for votes of the best bands putting music out since 2000.
Kind of like a top 10? Any opinions?
Hmmm. A lot of people are listening to VNV Nation, Covenant and
Apoptygma Berzerk. Somehow, people think that qualifies as industrial.
1. No matter what country they're from, they sing in English because
it's more marketable.
Love English vocals from Laibach (Wat, Anthems). Fun mention:
Dunkelwerk (Troops)
Post by Albino Leviathan
2-5
"Power noise" ala Ant Zen or "what do I call this?" Start with Disc 1
of Ant-hology and ask yourself if you can dance to it. Worthy
experiment. http://www.discogs.com/release/23414
Post by Albino Leviathan
Ok, enough dissing on "future pop." I think Wumpscut put out a really
good album this year. Cannibal Anthem. Dunno if you like him in the
90s. You probably did. The album is completely in German, unlike
Bunker 7 or whatever it was.
Speaking of German...I would like a recommendation for Das Ich. I've
tried Morgue (1998) and Anti'christ but except for a couple tracks
didn't really latch on. Another German to try is E-craft
(Electrocution). For a huge smattering of German dance music try And
One (maybe Aggressor?).
Post by Albino Leviathan
Also, Leaether Strip is back in action after a LONG hiatus, with an
album called, "After the Devastation." Also a mini-album called
"Walking on Volcanos" is out soon, if not already.
I was turned to Leaether Strip's remix of Graegoman, Kiew (Diskette
e.p.).
Post by Albino Leviathan
My three favorite new finds, which are a bit more brash, are in order of
1. Terrorfakt: Cold Steel World
I think its on Cold World Remixes, but there is a song that starts with
a sample saying something about "old school" and then--sometime
mid-track--the sample goes on to say (approximately) "I'm so tired of
this war. I don't know who's wrong, who's right." I think the sample
source is one of the installments from Christopher Walken's Prophecy
movies.
Post by Albino Leviathan
2. Suicide Commando: Bind, Torture, Kill
3. Heimataerde: Gotteskreiger
I will look at these, thanks!
Post by Albino Leviathan
I also want to mention yelworC's new album, "Trinity." I dunno if it
qualifies as a dance album. It does have a funky beat much of the time.
But I think it's fucking awesome.
yelworC! Lovely name, eeek! They have a track called Choronzon on
Endzeit Bunkertracks 4cd set. I would look at that CD set for some
real dance floor killers. Incidentrally, would anyone pick one of
BLC's Interbreeding Compilations as the clear winner? I have VII (Nola
Edition) and the artist array is impressive.
(snip)

Oh, would it interest anyone to suggest an album of the late 90's
through 2003 (pre Iraq invasion II) that is very anti-war? Its pretty
obvious how many people hate GWB but you hear a lot more of it since
March '03.
-buzz
Drew
2006-05-30 14:55:20 UTC
Egodram
s***@gmail.com
2006-06-13 16:14:07 UTC
Post by buzzgun
Speaking of German...
How about Feindflug - although the band also started in the late-90s.
Post by buzzgun
Oh, would it interest anyone to suggest an album of the late 90's
through 2003 (pre Iraq invasion II) that is very anti-war? Its pretty
I'm sure there should be some (and not only Funker Vogt, to stay in the
dance area). Social criticism of some kind is almost a must in this
area, so I guess anti-war music must be having its share.
Now is that music also good? Hm, it depends.

PS: And what's wrong with dancing on power noise hm?
j***@hexduxhmp.org
2006-06-08 19:40:11 UTC
Post by Albino Leviathan
You'll notice that everyone here will have a different opinion and I am
about 95% sure I'm gonna get dissed. :)
By whom? Which of the remaining 4 people who still read this NG
will diss you? :)
Todd Clayton
2006-06-08 21:11:29 UTC
Post by j***@hexduxhmp.org
Post by Albino Leviathan
You'll notice that everyone here will have a different opinion and I am
about 95% sure I'm gonna get dissed. :)
By whom? Which of the remaining 4 people who still read this NG
will diss you? :)
5. 5 people.
--
+---------------------------------+--------------------------------+
| Todd Clayton aka DJ Todd | Real Synthetic Audio |
"Anything too stupid to be said is sung." -- Voltaire
Albino Leviathan
Rachael
2006-06-09 12:20:25 UTC
Post by j***@hexduxhmp.org
Post by Albino Leviathan
You'll notice that everyone here will have a different opinion
and I am about 95% sure I'm gonna get dissed. :)
By whom? Which of the remaining 4 people who still read this NG
will diss you? :)
The powernoise faction. They always make a fuss about their stuff.

R. np: SPK (pre-2000)
"Suavia musae... me delectant, me deiciunt, me consolantur."
j***@hexduxhmp.org
2006-06-16 18:45:48 UTC
Post by Rachael
The powernoise faction. They always make a fuss about their stuff.
(not being snide this time ...)

Is there actually still a powernoise scene? I did like it when it was
in its heyday but now I find a lot of it to be pretty unlistenable.