Leonard Cohen
Suit C.
2003-07-24 00:58:01 UTC
How has the work of Leonard Cohen influenced industrial music? What
artists would you want to hear contribute to a Leonard Cohen tribute
album besides Godflesh, Coil, and Razed in Black?

What influence has John Coltrane had on Godflesh?
Girl the Bourgeois Individualist
2003-07-24 21:50:20 UTC
Post by Suit C.
How has the work of Leonard Cohen influenced industrial music?
Not so much as Goff. The Sisters of Mercy got their name from his song and
Uncle Andy claims to be a mate of his. Funny story about that song, when I
worked in news, a radio package went out about actual nuns doing charity work
around Christmas and the eejit journalist used that song in the background
(for those who don't know, it's about hookers). Much red-faces, this was
Ireland.

Girl.
s***@fishpool.com
2003-07-25 00:25:15 UTC
Post by Suit C.
How has the work of Leonard Cohen influenced industrial music? What
artists would you want to hear contribute to a Leonard Cohen tribute
album besides Godflesh, Coil, and Razed in Black?
Don't know if it counts but my friend's dad thought I was listening to
Leonard Cohen when I was listening to some Snog.
/ http://www.fishpool.com/~setok/
vermin707
2003-07-26 16:40:54 UTC
Post by s***@fishpool.com
Post by Suit C.
How has the work of Leonard Cohen influenced industrial music? What
artists would you want to hear contribute to a Leonard Cohen tribute
album besides Godflesh, Coil, and Razed in Black?
Don't know if it counts but my friend's dad thought I was listening to
Leonard Cohen when I was listening to some Snog.
Definitely a Cohen influence on "Beyond the Valley of the Proles",
and really everything from "Buy Me..." on, but definitely on
...Proles". As for Cohen covers, I'd recomend Nick Cave's version of
'Tower of Songs'.
Girl the Bourgeois Individualist
2003-07-27 14:04:37 UTC
Post by vermin707
Post by s***@fishpool.com
Don't know if it counts but my friend's dad thought I was listening to
Leonard Cohen when I was listening to some Snog.
Definitely a Cohen influence on "Beyond the Valley of the Proles",
and really everything from "Buy Me..." on, but definitely on
...Proles". As for Cohen covers, I'd recomend Nick Cave's version of
'Tower of Songs'.
Actually, I recommend the entire album that's from, "I'm your fan" -
http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/cover5.html. There's classics like John
Cale's version of 'Hallelujah' and some great experimental stuff like Fatima
Mansions and David McComb & Adam Peters.

Girl.