Gary Numan..Holy S*@T!!!! I've been missing out...
Armitage-VI
2003-11-14 16:01:28 UTC
RMI'ers,

So we all know Gary Numan as the 80's New Wave Icon known
for "Cars", however I just picked up the "Hybrid" CD just on chance,
and I'm freaking blown away by Numans newer stuff. I can't believe how
freakin great it is. I mean every once in awhile a CD comes along that
just knocks you on your ass and makes you go Whoa! This is some of the
best stuff I've heard in awhile. Anyway one is looking for something
that catchy, dark, and along the lins of Industrial-Rock I strongly
recommend picking up the Hybrid CD, it's amazing, and in factI'm
thinking about gettin "Pure" does anyone have any opinions on "Pure"
or what other albums I would like since I'm so damn blown away by
Hybrid?

Thanks!,
David F
NP: Gary Numan "Hybrid" Duh!!
David Stallard
2003-11-15 04:28:52 UTC
I'm not familiar with Hybrid, but I have Pure and I think it's a really good
album. Sorta like Nine Inch Nails mixed with some darker goth touches. My
wife can't stand the way Gary Numan sings, though. She says the music is
good, but the vocals ruin it. I don't have a problem with his vocals
though.
NP: Gary Numan "Hybrid" Duh!!
Doug
2003-11-15 15:22:56 UTC
You should listen to the Gary Numan tribute called "Random".
Delameko Stone
2003-11-15 20:26:19 UTC
Post by Armitage-VI
RMI'ers,
So we all know Gary Numan as the 80's New Wave Icon known
for "Cars", however I just picked up the "Hybrid" CD just on chance,
and I'm freaking blown away by Numans newer stuff. I can't believe how
freakin great it is. I mean every once in awhile a CD comes along that
just knocks you on your ass and makes you go Whoa! This is some of the
best stuff I've heard in awhile. Anyway one is looking for something
that catchy, dark, and along the lins of Industrial-Rock I strongly
recommend picking up the Hybrid CD, it's amazing, and in factI'm
thinking about gettin "Pure" does anyone have any opinions on "Pure"
or what other albums I would like since I'm so damn blown away by
Hybrid?
The majority of Hybrid is written by Curve, Rico and Sulpher.

As the music on Pure is written by Sulpher you'll probably like that too.

You should probably check out Sulpher also :)
www.sulpher.co.uk

I very much enjoyed it also. Bit pissed off they re-released it with a DVD
after I bought mine mind...
Soterro
2003-11-16 15:50:51 UTC
Post by Delameko Stone
As the music on Pure is written by Sulpher you'll probably like that too.
Oopsie dude. From my cover of 'Pure':

All songs written by Gary Numan.
(Except 'I can't breathe'. Lyrics: Gary Numan. Music: Gary Numan and
Sulpher)

I don't have 'Hybrid' so I can't check for sure, but I see _only_ the
title track was written with Sulpher (others being
written/mixed/reworked apparently by names as Rico, Andy Gray, Flood).
From the reviews I'd say it's not really representative for Numan. But
again, I can't say it for sure, gotta get my hands on it first.

So with 'Pure' you basically liked Gary Numan all way long :) No
problem, it's a nice release.

np: Lustmord - Dog star descends
Delameko Stone
2003-11-16 21:28:52 UTC
Post by Soterro
Post by Delameko Stone
As the music on Pure is written by Sulpher you'll probably like that too.
All songs written by Gary Numan.
(Except 'I can't breathe'. Lyrics: Gary Numan. Music: Gary Numan and
Sulpher)
Actually I don't know why I put written, as I didn't mean written, I meant
produced...

I'd only just got back from work when I wrote it. An obvious case of brain
meltage... :)
Soterro
2003-11-17 12:24:52 UTC
Post by Delameko Stone
Actually I don't know why I put written, as I didn't mean written, I meant
produced...
Which reminds me of a thing, why one can almost always see the
difference in a (smaller usually) band style when it changes the
producer? Is it just the timing, does the band think it would be nicer
to get a producer according to the new style, or is the new producer
trying to suggest/impose stuff?

Armitage-VI
2003-11-17 17:50:44 UTC
Someone mentioned the Producer and the impact the different type of
producer has, I certainly think that the Producer is one of the most
underratted elements in a Band or Album. Because Alot of producers
have a "signature" style or they add their own elements into the music
itself and become a part of the actual music. For example right off
the bat the one producer who comes to mind is Rhys Fulber, because do
you think if he didn't produce Fear Factory's albums that they would
even sound the same? So I suppose Gary Numan himself couldn't get full
Credit for "Hybrid" so I guess I'll check out "Pure" next, regardless
of who wrote, remixed, or produced the tracks on Hybrid, it's an
amazing release. I've got one CD in my stereo at the house and 1 in my
car, at this point though I can say I'm digging CD 1 more. Anyway Pure
will be the next one on my list.

Peace,
David F
NP: Hungry Lucy "Glo"