Industrial record labels
No Name, No Slogan
2004-09-16 16:30:32 UTC
Is anyone familiar with any plans for industrial related record labels
to offer their catalogues on online pay sites, such as Real Player or
iTunes? I know Wax Trax has a bunch of stuff out there and Metropolis
used to have their back catalogue on Emusic but aside from that there
isn't much else out there. I think it would be particularly savvy if
European labels pursued this option. I don't know what they charge
wholesale to US stores like Isotank, Malignant Records, etc. but I'd
think they could make more money selling online and the consumer would
benefit fromlower prices. In essence, what I'm asking, is when are
the labels going to cut out the middleman?
Tlevel5
2004-09-17 18:09:21 UTC
Last I heard about a month ago my label COP Records was working on a deal with
iTunes.
Dunno what's up yet.
-Louis/TL5

the labels going to cut out the middleman? >><BR><BR>
X Collide
2004-09-17 20:53:58 UTC
CD Baby.com is a great source for all genres of musicians to cut out the
middleman. They are a great company to work with and they pay regularly. They
are also fully set up on iTunes.

Amazon.com is also excellent.

From our own experiences both of these companies are great to work with and
basically help to enable independent bands who run their own label like
ourselves, to stay alive in the music world.

Sincerely,
kaRIN
collide
www.collide.net