Einstürzende Neubauten - Perpetuum Mobile
2004-01-19 11:04:03 UTC
Seemingly no one has posted this one yet, but the new Einstürzende
Neubauten album called "Perpetuum Mobile" will be out on Feb.9 on
Mute.

neubauten.org has already the lyrics and two songs per week until the
official release for preview. There's also a tour schedule available,
initially starting out from Europe and extending to US.
Girl the Bourgeois Individualist
2004-01-19 23:21:59 UTC
Full press release:

EINSTÜRZENDE NEUBAUTEN Release New Album,
Perpetuum Mobile, on February 10, 2004

EINSTÜRZENDE NEUBAUTEN's long-awaited new studio album, Perpetuum Mobile has
arrived at last and will be released on February 10, 2004 through Mute. This
is the follow up to Silence Is Sexy (2000) and the Strategies Against
Architecture III (2001) anthology.

For Perpetuum Mobile the band, who have been operating as a constant line-up
consisting of Blixa Bargeld, Alexander Hacke, N. U. Unruh, Jochen Arbeit and
Rudi Moser since Ende Neu (1996), decided on a novel and unusual production
approach. Webcams were installed at the Neubauten studio in Berlin to transmit
the entire creative process via the Internet on their homepage,
www.neubauten.org. Interested fans were granted access to the site after
paying a one-off fee which served to guarantee the financial independence of
the production. At previously announced fixed times, their supporters had the
opportunity to watch the creative process live and to send their comments live
to the band. To be able to react to incoming remarks, everybody in the studio,
including sound engineer and webmaster, were equipped with a laptop.

All the sessions were broadcast - and later also the rough mix versions - were
filed in an archive that could always be accessed online and discussed later
in the chat or the forum. There were a number tracks, says Blixa Bargeld, that
the band would have abandoned after a few attempts ("Ein seltener Vogel"), but
continued to work on because the supporters insisted on their completion. So
these fans, through their influence on the music, the lyrics and the
production, were supportive in these respects.

On completion of the production process, each supporter received the Supporter
Album # 1, mainly consisting of material different to the songs now released
on Perpetuum Mobile - exclusively conceived in the sessions that were
broadcast live.

North American tour dates for Spring 2004 will be announced soon.

www.neubauten.org
www.blixabargeld.com
www.mute.com

Locke
2004-01-20 11:08:25 UTC
Please let me quote Girl the Bourgeois Individualist...
|EINSTÜRZENDE NEUBAUTEN's long-awaited new studio album, Perpetuum Mobile has
|arrived at last and will be released on February 10, 2004 through Mute.

Is it out of respect for president Bush's plans for world domination
that the official release date is set to be a tuesday?

Anyways, I've heard very plausible rumors that in certain not-yet
Americanized parts of the world such as the region known as Old Europe
the release date will be February the 9th. And since Neubauten
themselves hail from one of these dark and uncivilized nations it would
be fair to assume this release date as the "official" one.

CU,
Locke

NP: Modern Institute "Domestic Landscapes #2"
--
_ __ ___ _ __ ___ \\|||//
|____|\__/ \__\|_|\_\|___| \__=__/
| |
Girl the Bourgeois Individualist
2004-01-20 19:30:56 UTC
Post by Locke
Please let me quote Girl the Bourgeois Individualist...
|EINSTÜRZENDE NEUBAUTEN's long-awaited new studio album, Perpetuum Mobile has
|arrived at last and will be released on February 10, 2004 through Mute.
Is it out of respect for president Bush's plans for world domination
that the official release date is set to be a tuesday?
Anyways, I've heard very plausible rumors that in certain not-yet
Americanized parts of the world such as the region known as Old Europe
the release date will be February the 9th. And since Neubauten
themselves hail from one of these dark and uncivilized nations it would
be fair to assume this release date as the "official" one.
I dunno, that was a cut and paste from the press release I was sent. Make of
it what you will.

Girl.
Francois Labreque
2004-01-21 02:13:03 UTC
Post by Locke
Please let me quote Girl the Bourgeois Individualist...
|EINSTÜRZENDE NEUBAUTEN's long-awaited new studio album, Perpetuum Mobile has
|arrived at last and will be released on February 10, 2004 through Mute.
Is it out of respect for president Bush's plans for world domination
that the official release date is set to be a tuesday?
Not really. Even before Sauron of Mordor got in the White House, albums were
usually released on tuesdays in North America.
Post by Locke
Anyways, I've heard very plausible rumors that in certain not-yet
Americanized parts of the world such as the region known as Old Europe
the release date will be February the 9th.
Album releases in Europe are usually on mondays, so depending on where
Post by Locke
And since Neubauten
themselves hail from one of these dark and uncivilized nations it would
be fair to assume this release date as the "official" one.
Both are "official" release dates. It just depends on which side of the Pond
you live.

np: NKVD - Prolog
--
Francois Labreque | The surest sign of the existence of extra-
flabreque | terrestrial intelligence is that they never
videotron.ca | - Calvin
Francois Labreque
2004-01-21 02:29:53 UTC
Program ended abnormally on 20/01/2004 21:13, Due to a catastrophic Francois
Post by Locke
Anyways, I've heard very plausible rumors that in certain not-yet
Americanized parts of the world such as the region known as Old Europe
the release date will be February the 9th.
Album releases in Europe are usually on mondays, so depending on where
Ignore that. I should have re-read my post before sending it.