Definitive Front 242 album and single
Chuang Shyue Chou
2003-07-02 10:16:12 UTC
I'm gonna agree with some of the earlier replies and say that most folks
would vote: Front By Front. Headhunter, Circling Overland (maybe more
popular now than it was years ago thanks to some other unmentionable
overplayed band), and Felines are all very popular in Northern California.
As for single: Headhunter, followed closely by Don't Crash.
It does seem that 'Headhunter' is quite close to being considered as the
definitive single then?
But for my personal choice, I'll vote Backcatalogue. You get the
Politics of Pressure hits along No Comment's hits (I'm partial to the
track Special Forces).
For this, I see quite a diverse range of opinions.

'Special Forces' is a personal favourite of mine too. 'He joined special
forces...' was sampled from 'Apocalyse Now' right?

---
Michael Mierzwa
2003-07-03 05:04:29 UTC
Post by Chuang Shyue Chou
For this, I see quite a diverse range of opinions.
I think that it is a good thing when a popular band can have some many
people pointing to different albums as their favorite.
Post by Chuang Shyue Chou
'Special Forces' is a personal favourite of mine too. 'He joined special
forces...' was sampled from 'Apocalyse Now' right?
According to the Front 242 entry on sample archive
(http://www.sloth.org/samples-bin/samples/group?entry=Front+242) it is,
but it has been forever since I've watched the film.

Michael
B. Causer
I have to say Backcatalouge and "Masterhit"
mimus
2006-04-26 17:35:36 UTC
Post by B. Causer
Post by Chuang Shyue Chou
I'm gonna agree with some of the earlier replies and say that most folks
would vote: Front By Front. Headhunter, Circling Overland (maybe more
popular now than it was years ago thanks to some other unmentionable
overplayed band), and Felines are all very popular in Northern California.
As for single: Headhunter, followed closely by Don't Crash.
It does seem that 'Headhunter' is quite close to being considered as the
definitive single then?
But for my personal choice, I'll vote Backcatalogue. You get the
Politics of Pressure hits along No Comment's hits (I'm partial to the
track Special Forces).
I have to say Backcatalouge and "Masterhit"
Front 242/ (Fuck) Up Evil (1993) (Sony/ Epic)/ "Skin", "Motion",
"Fuel", Hymn", "Flag" and "Skin" (24:20)

and

Front 242/Front by Front/"Welcome to Paradise"
--
.sigzip:*