Free Monthly Download - December - Matt Borghi
mattborghi
2003-12-06 22:05:21 UTC
Hello all, and Happy Holidays!!!

The December 2003 download is up at http://www.mattborghi.com. This
track is a little more ambitious, full of layers, and a variety of
different timbres, yet still wholly ambient in nature. This track
clocks in at about 23 minutes, and is the longest of the set so far.
The influences on this track run the gamut of electronic music,
everything from Zoviet France to a bit of a Harold Budd/ Brian Eno
feel with a little of dense sonic float ambient fabric underneath. Get
it now, as the direction is going to be starting to change a bit in
2004.

Thanks, and Happy Holidays!!!!

Matt Borghi

w. www.mattborghi.com
e. info at mattborghi dot com
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Taking orders now for the 2003 Muslin Bag Set...

- 2003 End-Of-Year Muslin Bag Collectors Set

This collection comes enclosed in a natural, unbleached 6" x 9" muslin
bag.Included in this collected are three CDs that comprise the
individual monthly downloads from June03 - December03. This collection
also comes complete with a brand new full length release - Three
Meditation Cycles, which will only be released in this form, and in
this limited edition set of 40. As well, each package comes with an
individually wrapped hand-numbered, and signed painting of 40 from the
Pairanetha series.

- This set is limited to 40, and when it's gone, it's gone, there
won't be
any represses of this one...

- Price is $40.00

Here's an itemized listing of what the set includes, as well as a
description -

- 2003 Free Monthly Download Collection
3 CDs of the Complete Unedited 2003 Monthly downloads
(because this started in June, the collection is June03 - December03)

- 1 Previously Unreleased Full-Length CD - Three Meditation Cycles

Three Meditation Cycles is a collection of three longer form works
that
I've been using for sonic, and mindfulness meditation, as well as for
yoga. Each of these works is right around the 20 minute range. While I
use these works for meditation, and yoga, these are also a set of deep
ambiences that have the wide open spaciousness of Steve Roach, or
Exuviae's work, and synth-style approach of vidnaObmana or in some
cases Mychael Danna (Danna and Clement).

- 1 Sealed original painting from the hand-numbered Pairanetha series
of 40 paintings

This series of paintings was done especially for this collection.
After
the first monthly download people started asking if I would sell them,
at
first I was against the idea, until I realized just how many people
are using dial-ups, and couldn't get these tracks just because of
sheer size. I knew that this would be sold as a set, because there
would be at least three CDs... So I started working with the idea of a
package, and a painting.

I wanted the painting to emphasize the recordings, if not visually,
then
conceptually. I wanted to use an element that was simple, and easily
taken for granted. I settled on a 5" x 7" sheet of watercolor paper
that was dipped in white paint on one side, then dipped in a rich bed
of soil near my garden. For me, this painting symbolizes the coming up
from earth, and the parting unto ashes when we expire. It also
emphasizes the passage, and developments of time much like the origins
from which the monthly download series emerged. At the same time,
contemplating the soil, and the earth during meditation is somewhat of
a secondary use for the Three MeditationCycles recording.
Ken Verheecke
2003-12-11 18:45:57 UTC
Super stuff Matt!!! :)

--