Most beautiful song ever?
Soterro
2003-07-01 21:41:02 UTC
"words of the dying" by controlled bleeding
You were so close :)) I would have said 'Save me' by them :)
And of course Printed at Bismark's death - Meet Moshe Dayan in a
russian bunker or something... I couldn't spell it to save my life,
but you can find it on the Via Lacrimosa album and that wonderful Dry
Lungs IV compilation (yeah I listen to compilations too)

Chuang Shyue Chou
2003-07-02 12:49:38 UTC
Funerailles, Sonata in B minor - Franz Liszt.

---
Seraphic
2003-07-03 03:51:29 UTC
Tough call...

Death In June - Foretold
Death In June - Born Again
Depeche Mode - In your Room
Sixth Comm - Winter Sadness
Nick Cave - Shiver
Christian Death - Evening Falls
Johan
2003-07-05 00:11:50 UTC
Gotta keep the thread alive.

sonic youth - teenage riot, angels of light - angels of light
err velvet underground - after hours
ELC
2003-07-07 17:04:08 UTC
Mine: Carmen, by Anything Box. Yours?
For myself, it's hard to say because it changes from time to time.. but
overall, quite possibly Nine Inch Nails "A Warm Place".. i know it's a cover
song, but it's so much more beautiful than Bowie's version.
I agree, that is a nice song. Good one.
ELC
2003-07-07 17:05:27 UTC
Mine: Carmen, by Anything Box. Yours?
Maybe "Unravel" by Bjork, or "Plainsong" by The Cure, or "Eutow" by
Autechre, or "Leonard and Natalie" by David Julyan (from the Memento
soundtrack)...
I've got too many in my mind.
-- phil.
Speaking of the Cure, The Same Deep Water As You is absolutely
brilliant. I'd put that in the top 5.
dabblerblue
2003-07-08 13:38:32 UTC
Post by ELC
Mine: Carmen, by Anything Box. Yours?
Maybe "Unravel" by Bjork, or "Plainsong" by The Cure, or "Eutow" by
Autechre, or "Leonard and Natalie" by David Julyan (from the Memento
soundtrack)...
I've got too many in my mind.
-- phil.
Speaking of the Cure, The Same Deep Water As You is absolutely
brilliant. I'd put that in the top 5.
Yeah, that's a brilliant track. The version they did on the recent
Trilogy dvd is great.

Disintegration is getting a remaster in 2004...definitely looking
forward to that.

-- phil.
wayn
2003-07-11 21:45:41 UTC
Mine: Carmen, by Anything Box. Yours?
"Natalies" by Invincible Spirits/Invisible Limits.Female singer has
an enchanting voice.Was hoping that Project Pitchfork would have done
a cover of it when they had Patricia Nagiani (sp?) in the band.
Ahh well

Wayn
Larvae27
2003-07-18 03:44:12 UTC
nightmare fictional
lmkeniston
2003-07-12 08:52:28 UTC
old world--steve morse
northern lights--steve morse
can't get off--chris whitley
just one fix--ministry

| Mine: Carmen, by Anything Box. Yours?
I'd have to go with
Leonard Cohen - The Partisan
Massive Attack - A Prayer For England
Current 93 - Soft Black Stars
Coil - A Cold Cell
or
Nick Cave - The Weeping Song
Extremely tough call, though.
Kind regards,
Andreas
rahim naelquaed aziz abdullah
2003-07-21 16:06:57 UTC
Post by lmkeniston
old world--steve morse
northern lights--steve morse
can't get off--chris whitley
just one fix--ministry
autechre - laughing quarter
this mortal coil - kangaroo
air - ce matin-la
--
lam.[e].ARRRRGH

"Not to mention the brilliantly titled "Untitled". It's like, whoa, it was
supposed to have a title, but then they gave it, like, an untitle. That's
deep."

_josh hammonds