hi imnew to industrisal!
DemonAlcohol
2004-02-19 09:01:40 UTC
hi i jus found out bout this thing from my freind he sayz to cum and check
it out cause we listen to industrial so im looking for some new bands to
rock out 2 i listen to marilyn manson, slipknot and some korn but not alot
cause some of it is pretty lame
Sound Mirror
2004-02-19 10:55:28 UTC
Post by DemonAlcohol
hi i jus found out bout this thing from my freind he sayz to cum and check
it out cause we listen to industrial so im looking for some new bands to
rock out 2 i listen to marilyn manson, slipknot and some korn but not alot
cause some of it is pretty lame
the bands you mentioned aren't industrial, they're suck

from the looks of it, you might want to start with bands like Gravity Kills,
Cubanate, Die Krupps, Nine Inch Nails, Chemlab, and 16 Volt... then go from
there

watch out though, a few people here like to flame the hell outta people like
you (glances at paul and that "necco" guy)
Lloyd Touchada
2004-02-19 12:56:04 UTC
i wouldnt worry about people we have to call "flamers"
Paul's penis is HELL, boy.
2004-02-19 20:38:42 UTC
Post by Lloyd Touchada
Post by Sound Mirror
watch out though, a few people here like to flame the hell outta people like
you (glances at paul and that "necco" guy)
i wouldnt worry about people we have to call "flamers"
steve is still an idiot. in the 4 years i've been reading RMI on and
off, he's the only person i've really bothered to start flamewars with,
and it's because he's a douchebag.
--
np: nothin'

AIM: WhoKilledtheJAMs
dukncovr at kmfdm dot com
http://www.rit.edu/~pmy5192

Necco Kartoffel: "send us to england to go see perverse transvestite
noise band from the 70s"
Crudbreeder
http://www.sarcasmdetector.com/
sodasoda
2004-02-21 19:42:11 UTC
Paul's penis is HELL, boy.
2004-02-21 21:52:08 UTC
Post by sodasoda
Post by Sound Mirror
from the looks of it, you might want to start with bands like Gravity Kills,
Cubanate, Die Krupps, Nine Inch Nails, Chemlab, and 16 Volt... then go from
there
the bands you mentioned aren't industrial, they're suck.
dude, steve knows more about industrial music than anyone else here.
after all, this is THE source for stabbing westward news and discussion.
--
np: nothin'

AIM: WhoKilledtheJAMs
dukncovr at kmfdm dot com
http://www.rit.edu/~pmy5192

"Minnesota does not have the amazing selection of various types of
bratwurst and other sausages that wisconsin has. for that reason, i am
disappointed." -Colin
Sound Mirror
oh joy, here come the AMK tards
Sound Mirror
2004-02-22 02:02:05 UTC
Post by sodasoda
Post by Sound Mirror
from the looks of it, you might want to start with bands like Gravity Kills,
Cubanate, Die Krupps, Nine Inch Nails, Chemlab, and 16 Volt... then go from
there
the bands you mentioned aren't industrial, they're suck.
i think you missed the nature of the question by the orginiator of the
thread

sorry for your luck

if you've got a better suggestion of bands for him, what's keeping you from
posting it?
Locke
2004-02-22 16:32:42 UTC
Please let me quote Sound Mirror...
|sodasoda <***@non.com> wrote in message
|> the bands you mentioned aren't industrial, they're suck.
|
|i think you missed the nature of the question by the orginiator of the
|thread

Umm ... why? The nature of the original post was trolling and this
answer was quite appropriate for that.

|if you've got a better suggestion of bands for him, what's keeping you from
|posting it?

Maybe he (or she) doesn't like trolls.

CU,
Locke

NP: Sandow "Fatalia"
--
_ __ ___ _ __ ___ \\|||//
|____|\__/ \__\|_|\_\|___| \__=__/
| |
Soterro
2004-02-24 15:38:46 UTC
Post by Locke
Maybe he (or she) doesn't like trolls.
For a troll he's surely underactive. But if he really was looking for
something new, SM's suggestions were quite appropriatedly selected and
targeted.

Girl the Bourgeois Individualist
2004-02-24 23:21:09 UTC
Post by Soterro
Post by Locke
Maybe he (or she) doesn't like trolls.
For a troll he's surely underactive. But if he really was looking for
something new, SM's suggestions were quite appropriatedly selected and
targeted.
Are you new? If so, don't bother with logic when people are ragging on Sound
Mirror, they don't react.

Girl. (go on, someone mention "Hotwired Monstertrux").
Soterro
2004-02-25 10:21:14 UTC
Post by Girl the Bourgeois Individualist
Are you new? If so, don't bother with logic
Apparently I never learn :)) thanks.

j***@hexdump.org
2004-02-25 20:11:04 UTC
Girl the Bourgeois Individualist <***@nospamsortedmagazine.com> wrote:
: Girl. (go on, someone mention "Hotwired Monstertrux").

Does Sound Mirror have a song on Hotwired Mostertrux? If he did,
does thatm ake him industrial?

Yeesh, it has been so long that even I Have forgotten that.
Keef
2004-02-25 10:43:03 UTC
Post by Soterro
Post by Locke
Maybe he (or she) doesn't like trolls.
For a troll he's surely underactive. But if he really was looking for
something new, SM's suggestions were quite appropriatedly selected and
targeted.
Agreed.

Lack of knowledge does not equal troll. The mass media would have you
think NIN and Rammstein are industrial, so you can't blame some people
for thinking that.
2004-02-26 08:26:32 UTC
Post by Keef
Lack of knowledge does not equal troll. The mass media would have you
think NIN and Rammstein are industrial, so you can't blame some people
for thinking that.
But at least they're still "industrial metal" or "industrial rock",
aren't they? I asked a question about "industrial jazz" a while ago
and didn't get flamed - altough Grassy Knoll is basically just jazz
with overlaid noise. Yet, when people ask about bands utilizing
industrial sounds on top of their heavy metal compositions it's always
too much for some - And while we're at it (again), for some bizarre
reason discussing neofolk and silly monk chanting records from Sweden
never causes a genre conflict.

So there.
Sound Mirror
sometimes, elitist pricks just have nothing better to do... ya know?
j***@hexdump.org
2004-03-02 17:40:51 UTC
... <***@yahoo.com> wrote:
:> think NIN and Rammstein are industrial, so you can't blame some people
: But at least they're still "industrial metal" or "industrial rock",
: aren't they? I asked a question about "industrial jazz" a while ago

No. HTH.

Locke
2004-02-26 11:12:16 UTC
Please let me quote Keef...
|Soterro <soterroatyahoocom> wrote in message news:<403b6fb1$0$19659$***@read.news.ch.uu.net>...
|> For a troll he's surely underactive. But if he really was looking for
|> something new, SM's suggestions were quite appropriatedly selected and
|> targeted.
|
|Agreed.
|
|Lack of knowledge does not equal troll. The mass media would have you
|think NIN and Rammstein are industrial, so you can't blame some people
|for thinking that.

Well, it's not the lack of knowledge that makes me think that he's a
troll. Let's look at it - the original post looks like it was clearly
designed to tickle this group's sensibilities, down to its inane
spelling. Two or three years ago this post would've caused an uproar
including a flamewar about the meaning of industrial and spelling flames
from Dayv! and so on. And this is what the poster was aiming at.
I figure he's somebody who knew RMI from the past and came back to have
a bit fun.
He even posted the same posting twice with just a different subject
line, probably because his first attempt didn't work at all. By now
he's most likely discovered what sad state this group is in and went
back to hassling kids in the playground.

If this really would be a clueless kid he would have listed at least one
band a bit more modern, not those has-beens from two or three years ago.

CU,
Locke

NP: Recoil "Unsound Methods"
--
_ __ ___ _ __ ___ \\|||//
|____|\__/ \__\|_|\_\|___| \__=__/
| |
Keef
2004-02-27 09:43:53 UTC
Post by Locke
If this really would be a clueless kid he would have listed at least one
band a bit more modern, not those has-beens from two or three years ago.
Fair point.

Hang on.... there's a discussion going on in RMI. We'd better stop or
people might think this group was alive or something!!
Soterro
2004-03-01 09:23:58 UTC
Post by Locke
Well, it's not the lack of knowledge that makes me think that he's a
troll. Let's look at it - the original post looks like it was clearly
designed to tickle this group's sensibilities, down to its inane
spelling. Two or three years ago this post would've caused an uproar
including a flamewar about the meaning of industrial and spelling flames
from Dayv! and so on. And this is what the poster was aiming at.
I'm not saying you're not right with you point.
However the group didn't flame as expected - maturity or laziness
doesn't matter, but contrarily there were named a few bands that some
fair _readers_ (NOT posters) might find useful to get for a first taste.
That's why I appreciated the answer. There are two ways of shutting down
a troll, (the easy) one is being quiet and other posting real things.
Any bit of useful information is, well, useful information. I also asked
not long time ago here about some band tips, and although from the
answers I didn't really like any (sorry guys I wasnt asking for ambient
or jazz) I appreciated and will thank them again for the effort of
thinking about it.
Got my point?

np: Tumor - Gottesfürchtig