Skinny Puppy's New Mythmaker CD - Audio Samples
InfoMinister
2006-12-03 19:45:00 UTC
Audio samples for the new Skinny Puppy CD Mythmaker can be found here:

http://www.musicnonstop.co.uk/product-view.php?productid=17634

So far this is the only place that has them. Amazon doesn't even list
the CD right now. It comes out January 29th.
mimus
2006-12-03 21:02:56 UTC
Post by InfoMinister
http://www.musicnonstop.co.uk/product-view.php?productid=17634
So far this is the only place that has them. Amazon doesn't even list
the CD right now. It comes out January 29th.
Hell, I just finished damning the last one with faint praise.
Let there be throbbing.
Drew
2006-12-04 01:48:16 UTC
[snip]
Post by mimus
Hell, I just finished damning the last one with faint praise.
Why bother with the praise? It was complete shite.

Four 20s soundbites of 64kpbs mono were enough to convince me that
we'll all feel pretty much the same about the next one as well. A
shame, really -- They still pack a punch doing some of their material
live.

Drew
mimus
2006-12-04 07:32:00 UTC
Post by Drew
Post by mimus
Hell, I just finished damning the last one with faint praise.
Why bother with the praise? It was complete shite.
The block "I'mmortal", "Goneja", "EmpTe" and "Use Less" (18:39) has only
minor flaws (guitar in the first, general cuteness with titles, and a
slight theistic reference in the last). "Ghostman" is musically quite
good, too, and might be inserted as the next to last track in the above
block . . . . "Goneja" and "Use Less" are best, to me.

And if some unknown band had come out with the above block, I fear it
would've been considered dazzling.
Let there be throbbing.
A***@gmail.com
2007-01-01 02:57:45 UTC
Post by mimus
Post by InfoMinister
http://www.musicnonstop.co.uk/product-view.php?productid=17634
So far this is the only place that has them. Amazon doesn't even list
the CD right now. It comes out January 29th.
Hell, I just finished damning the last one with faint praise.
--
Let there be throbbing.
Definitely not the old puppy we're all use to =) It's gonna take a few
listens to feel where they are coming from....
InfoMinister
2006-12-04 01:16:32 UTC
Post by InfoMinister
http://www.musicnonstop.co.uk/product-view.php?productid=17634
So far this is the only place that has them. Amazon doesn't even list
the CD right now. It comes out January 29th.
Oh, and about the release date. I looked on Litany.net and it says
that the release date might be Jan. 16th in the US.

Check out their site
http://www.litany.net/

and their forum
http://litany.prongs.org/

Maybe there will be updates there with the exact date.
N8
g***@gmail.com
j***@hexduxhmp.org
2007-01-30 18:16:55 UTC
When are you going to buy it?
r***@gmail.com
2007-01-31 09:59:35 UTC
When Ogre stops using that retarded vocoder
j***@hexduxhmp.org
2007-02-01 19:23:48 UTC
Then I hope you will delete your copy and not be a thief.
r***@gmail.com
2007-02-02 08:43:24 UTC
Post by j***@hexduxhmp.org
Post by r***@gmail.com
When Ogre stops using that retarded vocoder
Then I hope you will delete your copy and not be a thief.
If I felt any effort was put into it, I might feel a bit of guilt...
Alas, I don't ^.^
Francois Labreque
2007-02-05 00:25:08 UTC
Post by r***@gmail.com
Post by j***@hexduxhmp.org
Post by r***@gmail.com
When Ogre stops using that retarded vocoder
Then I hope you will delete your copy and not be a thief.
If I felt any effort was put into it, I might feel a bit of guilt...
Alas, I don't ^.^
So you're going to keep the MP3s around just to piss him off? Nice
reasoning there, Einstein.
--
Francois Labreque | Unfortunately, there's no such thing as a snooze
flabreque | button on a cat who wants breakfast.
videotron.ca
j***@hexduxhmp.org
2007-02-06 19:14:21 UTC
Uhhh, so it is okay to steal as long as it meets your specifications?
David Stallard
2006-12-05 04:32:02 UTC
Somebody needs to let Ogre know that his misspelled, mis-capitalized song
titles are really stupid.
tower keys
2006-12-15 23:34:22 UTC
go talk to rappers. they did it first.
Dasein
2007-01-18 03:49:50 UTC
Post by tower keys
Post by David Stallard
Somebody needs to let Ogre know that his misspelled, mis-capitalized song
titles are really stupid.
go talk to rappers. they did it first.
completely untrue.
Early industrial bands were throwing around stupid words like "ov" and
"thee" in the 70s (and giving themselves stupid monikers like, say,
Genesis P. Orridge)... long before mispelling and stupid names were
taken up by rappers.