Electro-EBM Redux
mimus
2006-04-24 20:05:24 UTC
Just _finally_ got around to ordering (from Metropolis) Front 242's _Pulse_
and the _ancient_ release, Haujobb's debut _Homes and Gardens_.

Also ordered Din 5's second release, _Escape to Reality_.

Strangely, rmi seems to have ignored Din 5, or at least _Escape to
Reality_, but Din 5/Infinity (1996)/"Terminal Condition", "Piss Christ",
"Control Group" and "Let It Go" (21:34) is a splendid electro-EBM block,
powerful, complex, driving, with rather bitter lyrics, the only criticism
I'd make being against the didactic or even accusatory use of the second
person in the composer's lyrics (the first person singular or plural
generally works better).

Weirdly, the only Heavy Water Factory that Metropolis has now is a CD of
remixes for ninety-eight cents.

Anyone got any suggestions on powerful- and/or- driving- and/or- complex-
and/or- spacy electro-EBM in the last five or ten years or so?
--
***@hotmail.com

smeeter 11 or maybe 12

mp 10

mhm 29x13

_Thurb_, tinkle, boing, fump, twang. Music, by
heaven. Music.

< _The Thurb Revolution_
meowmix
2006-04-24 20:16:57 UTC
Post by mimus
[...]
are you trolling per?
--
meowmix

mhm x v i x i i i

alcotrol labs r&d

NUKE FRANCE

meow
mimus
2006-04-24 20:34:08 UTC
Post by meowmix
Post by mimus
[...]
No, I'm trying to catch up on electro-EBM, keeping in mind that I prefer
the more polished and driving stuff.

Not that I don't have a block that I like off Plastic Noise Experience's
_-196 C_, which if there's a more "minimalist" album around than that I
don't think I want to hear it.
.sigzip:*
Per
2006-04-25 03:40:33 UTC
Post by mimus
Post by meowmix
Post by mimus
[...]
Have you heard 'Maschinenmusik' from Plastic Noise Experience? I really
like Amduscia's 'From Abuse to Apostasy.' I got the limited two disc
version. If it is still available thru http://www.industrial-music.com.
Snog has new stuff coming out. New song sounds good.

http://www.side-line.com/ has a forum where you can read about various
releases and stuff.
--
Per - navian*comcast*net
mhm 24x23 icq: 6047688
mimus
2006-04-25 04:17:49 UTC
Post by Per
I really
like Amduscia's 'From Abuse to Apostasy.' I got the limited two disc
version.
Who got the other one?
--
***@hotmail.com

smeeter 11 or maybe 12

mp 10

We never go into the woods, for fear of the owls.

< Edgar Allan Poe
mimus
2006-04-25 04:47:21 UTC
Post by Per
Post by mimus
Post by meowmix
Post by mimus
[...]
Has that got the same sound as _-196 C_? The first time I listened to that
album, I said to meself, I said, "What are those, synthesizers from Radio
Shack?" But "Spying Views", "Plugged", "Inter Space", "Synthesis" and
"Last Regression" (21:30) is a dam' good block.
Post by Per
I really
like Amduscia's 'From Abuse to Apostasy.' I got the limited two disc
version. If it is still available thru http://www.industrial-music.com.
Snog has new stuff coming out. New song sounds good.
Hm, I thought _Third Mall from the Sun_ was alright, although I haven't yet
replaced it.
Post by Per
http://www.side-line.com/ has a forum where you can read about various
releases and stuff.
What I was doing was fishing around in some of the known groups on the
Metropolis website and then cross-correlating via Google Groups with rmi.

rmi, though. <shakes head> I mean, where are the reviews? Jeez.

I admit the playlists are interesting, and of course the show and festival
notices are useful.

< Edgar Allan Poe
Dachar
2006-04-26 04:58:17 UTC
Post by mimus
Post by Per
Have you heard 'Maschinenmusik' from Plastic Noise Experience?
Has that got the same sound as _-196 C_? The first time I listened to that
album, I said to meself, I said, "What are those, synthesizers from Radio
Shack?" But "Spying Views", "Plugged", "Inter Space", "Synthesis" and
"Last Regression" (21:30) is a dam' good block.
PNE just released a 2CD, best of / remix CD set on Alfa Matrix. While I've
never been a huge fan (found some of their stuff great and some not so much)
I do like the new on, Dead or Alive. I have a review on my site.
Post by mimus
Hm, I thought _Third Mall from the Sun_ was alright, although I haven't yet
replaced it.
Crash Crash again shows Snog moving forward, musically, in a new direction.
Love it! Just received the promor for the new CD today, but haven't given
it a listen yet.
Post by mimus
rmi, though. <shakes head> I mean, where are the reviews? Jeez.
<insert shameless plug>
www.industrial-bible.com

Dachar
INDUSTRIAL BIBLE
www.industrial-bible.com
mimus
2006-04-26 06:03:01 UTC
Post by Dachar
Crash Crash again shows Snog moving forward, musically, in a new direction.
I take it he's still waving the red flag?
--
.sigzip:*