Who-is-what in the musical solar system
7hings
2006-03-27 12:07:39 UTC
Hi All

On www.seventhings.co.uk at the moment we're asking the question

"What are the ten planets of the musical solar system called?"

Greg Kelley (of Nmperign fame) has named David Bowie (the
shape-shifter) as Mercury.

We're looking for the next nine: ideas for Venus, Earth, Mars, Saturn,
Jupiter, Neptune, Uranus, Pluto, 2003UB313 gratefully received via
www.seventhings.co.uk or at ***@seventhings.co.uk

best wishes

7HINGS
Dan McGarvey
Richard Wagner as Uranus.
Tony Elka
2006-03-27 21:03:29 UTC
Post by Dan McGarvey
Post by 7hings
Hi All
On www.seventhings.co.uk at the moment we're asking the question
"What are the ten planets of the musical solar system called?"
Greg Kelley (of Nmperign fame) has named David Bowie (the
shape-shifter) as Mercury.
We're looking for the next nine: ideas for Venus, Earth, Mars, Saturn,
Jupiter, Neptune, Uranus, Pluto, 2003UB313 gratefully received via
Richard Wagner as Uranus.
Either Toby Keith or Charlie Daniels as Mars since they seem to like war
so much.

Tony
Steve Latham
2006-03-27 21:01:49 UTC
Post by 7hings
Hi All
On www.seventhings.co.uk at the moment we're asking the question
"What are the ten planets of the musical solar system called?"
Umm. Does anyone see anything wrong with this? I'll give you a few minutes?

There are but 9 planets - though of course many would like to omit Pluto,
and others would like to add Xena (which should be disallowed simply because
the idiots couldn't follow the naming convention) - and I think there's yet
another candidate.
Post by 7hings
Greg Kelley (of Nmperign fame) has named David Bowie (the
shape-shifter) as Mercury.
What about Freddie MERCURY!
Post by 7hings
We're looking for the next nine: ideas for Venus, Earth, Mars, Saturn,
Jupiter, Neptune, Uranus, Pluto, 2003UB313
Ok, I believe this number is a reference to "Planet X", or the 10th planet.
Well, for my 2 cents, I'd put Machaut, Josquin, Monteverdi, Bach, Haydn,
Mozart, Beethoven, Tchiakovsky, Brahms (Brahms gets Pluto becuase I don't
like him, but he's darn well known), and Stravinsky. The rest of the
composers can have the moons, and those more recent, more popular, or older,
lesser known composers can have the asteroid belt, the Kuiper belt objects,
or the particles in Saturn's rings. Palestrina gets the Sun.

Peace,
Steve
Halmyre
2006-03-27 21:22:56 UTC
Post by 7hings
Hi All
On www.seventhings.co.uk at the moment we're asking the question
"What are the ten planets of the musical solar system called?"
Greg Kelley (of Nmperign fame) has named David Bowie (the
shape-shifter) as Mercury.
We're looking for the next nine: ideas for Venus, Earth, Mars, Saturn,
Jupiter, Neptune, Uranus, Pluto, 2003UB313 gratefully received via
best wishes
7HINGS
Greg Lake is Jupiter.

Morrisey is Uranus. Well, some kind of anus anyway...
--
Halmyre

ceci, n'est pas un signature