ohgr tour, headphones & cd players
buzzgun
2008-12-04 18:25:36 UTC
Any reviews out there on ohgr's current tour? I could go next week
and want to know if its really worth it since its mid-week and 90m one-
way. Also looking for opinions on headphones for our type of music.
I share building with a family and condo with parents so its needed.
Also not sure on how high end my cd player should be to make the
listening experience rather worthwhile. Thanks!
j***@hehxduhmp.org
2008-12-10 17:52:42 UTC
Post by buzzgun
Any reviews out there on ohgr's current tour? I could go next week
I saw the show in Boston this weekend. It was okay, but not great.
Count me as someone who feels that the material in DIMD really relies
on some of the FX (particularly vocal) which weren't used live -
Ogre was mainly going bare on his vox which just lessened the effect of
the songs.

I had two friends of me, one with some experience w/ puppy and the other
with more of a casual knowledge of the material. They both noted that
when they started playing the older Ohgr songs that the show got much
better, which makes sense as those songs had a lot less FX going on in
them in terms of the vox.

Compared to the Mythrus tour, it was no contest - Mythrus blew this
show out of the water.
buzzgun
2008-12-16 18:36:19 UTC
Any reviews out there on ohgr's current tour?  I could go next week
I saw the show in Boston this weekend.  It was okay, but not great.
Count me as someone who feels that the material in DIMD really relies
on some of the FX (particularly vocal) which weren't used live -
Ogre was mainly going bare on his vox which just lessened the effect of
the songs.
I had two friends of me, one with some experience w/ puppy and the other
with more of a casual knowledge of the material.  They both noted that
when they started playing the older Ohgr songs that the show got much
better, which makes sense as those songs had a lot less FX going on in
them in terms of the vox.
Compared to the Mythrus tour, it was no contest - Mythrus blew this
show out of the water.
Thanks! I saw the show in Atlanta...what a terrific crowd of fans.
They were so appreciative. American Memory Project was a nice opener
as well. The Ohgr suit wasn't as elaborate as I had seen in some pics
from previous shows but no matter it was still impressive. The show
also wasn't as loud as I expected but adequate for certain. The
energy of the performance was equally impressive. I love seeing such
total commitment in a performance artist like Ohgr gave us in
Atlanta. I saw Mythrus also (Boise, Idaho) and thought this was a
more pitched performance from Ohgr. The vocal delivery was still damn
fine, despite the lack of FX you mentioned. Thanks btw, I appreciate
the reply. I would go again if I had the chance. peace, buzz