Shirley Jackson novels are *very* industrial
ahem
2004-07-14 03:01:00 UTC
Shirley Jackson novels are very industrial, especially if they're old and
dusty and have been sitting on a shelf for 11 years. They have a very dark,
brooding premise, just like industrial music always has since the 80s. I
think if you consider yourself industrial and you dot all the i's and cross
all the t's, you're still not industrial enough. You need some Shirley
Jackson novels. Then and only then will you be industrial. Sorry but having
an appointment card for your Psychiatrist used as a bookmark in a Nietzsche
book is very "early 90s". It's almost 2005. Shirley Jackson novels will be a
very important undertone in the new scene of industrial people.

***@aol.com
Locke
2004-07-14 19:08:32 UTC
Please let me quote ahem...
|Shirley Jackson novels are very industrial, especially if they're old and
|dusty and have been sitting on a shelf for 11 years.

Who is Shirley Jackson? Is there any relation to Michael?

CU,
Locke

NP: Laurie Anderson "Strange Angels"
--
_ __ ___ _ __ ___ \\|||//
|____|\__/ \__\|_|\_\|___| \__=__/
| |
Jamie Rosen
2004-07-15 01:03:49 UTC
Post by Locke
Please let me quote ahem...
|Shirley Jackson novels are very industrial, especially if they're old and
|dusty and have been sitting on a shelf for 11 years.
Who is Shirley Jackson? Is there any relation to Michael?
Ever read "The Lottery"? It's a short story about a small town holding a
lottery, which turns out to be to see who gets stoned to death because the
crops are failing.

She also wrote the Haunting of Hill House, which got filmed a couple of times.

np: l'ombre _Medecine for the Meaningless_

--

Jamie Rosen's e-book _Vessel of Heaven_ is now available from Jintsu Etexts
Check it out at http://www.eggplant-productions.com/jintsu
j***@hehxduhmp.org
2004-07-15 17:21:34 UTC

She's the president of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
WKR
2004-07-15 17:57:48 UTC
Post by j***@hehxduhmp.org
: Who is Shirley Jackson? Is there any relation to Michael?
She's the president of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
Her bio is online. Nothing mentions her being a published author outside of
the platonic aspects of electrons in two-dimensional systems and nuclear
regulation safety.

Small annoying children characters were in a few of her ( fiction auther
Jackson) books so I am not sure if Ms.Jackson developed a palette for them
like Michael Jackson has.

The Sundial was a good read.

WKR

*implicitly benign overtures*

" RPI has a nuclear reactor oncampus? I am moving!"