any industrial funk going around?
all this sorrow becomes me
2003-08-30 03:44:51 UTC
die warzau were always my fave (along with snog). anything in that
vein?
--
candle
mhm27x19 ICQ#34579920 AIM:zantetsuken76
http://www.brokentoyforalonelygirl.tk
Dan
2003-08-31 09:32:40 UTC
Post by all this sorrow becomes me
die warzau were always my fave (along with snog).
Snog is just cheesy Spaghetti Western music

Love Dan
Dan
2003-09-01 03:58:14 UTC
Post by Dan
Snog is just cheesy Spaghetti Western music
Next time someone offers, actually listen to Snog. This way,
you won't look stupid again!
Next time someone offers, have a listen to Thrussel's latest album "Beyond
the Valley of the Proles". Oh, and don't make assumptions about someone who
lives in Australia, owns a few of Snog's earlier albums and has seen them
live quite a few times. Fuckwit.

Love Dan
Paul's penis is HELL, boy.
2003-08-31 10:27:00 UTC
Post by all this sorrow becomes me
die warzau were always my fave (along with snog). anything in that
vein?
KMFDM- 84-86 (the whole damned album)
Einstuerzende Neubauten - NNNAAAMMM
Cabaret Voltaire - pretty much anything they did between 1984 and 1988
--
np: nothin'

AIM: WhoKilledtheJAMs
dukncovr at kmfdm dot com
http://www.rit.edu/~pmy5192
http://fleischbackstein.iuma.com
http://brb.whereshitler.com

g4sm4sk: oh yes, according to the brb site,
you are going to be in the Electronic Music
Hall of Fame in Tamaqua, PA
Girl the Bourgeois Individualist
2003-08-31 16:22:22 UTC
Post by all this sorrow becomes me
die warzau were always my fave (along with snog). anything in that
vein?
If you can handle something a little dancier, check out Utah Saint's "Two".
There's two ultra-funky tracks on that, 'Power to the beats', with Chuck D and
a Metallica sample, and 'Funky Music Sho Nuff Turns Me On' with Edwin Starr.

Girl.
all this sorrow becomes me
2003-09-01 00:05:50 UTC
Girl the Bourgeois Individualist is a broken toy, for a lonely
Post by Girl the Bourgeois Individualist
Post by all this sorrow becomes me
die warzau were always my fave (along with snog). anything in that
vein?
If you can handle something a little dancier, check out Utah
Saint's "Two".
Post by Girl the Bourgeois Individualist
There's two ultra-funky tracks on that, 'Power to the beats', with Chuck D and
a Metallica sample, and 'Funky Music Sho Nuff Turns Me On' with Edwin Starr.
Heard it, and dig it. I liked Utah Saints from the early stuff like
"Something Good"...
Dan
2003-09-01 03:59:24 UTC
Post by Girl the Bourgeois Individualist
Post by Girl the Bourgeois Individualist
If you can handle something a little dancier, check out Utah
Saint's "Two".
Post by Girl the Bourgeois Individualist
There's two ultra-funky tracks on that, 'Power to the beats', with
Chuck D and
Post by Girl the Bourgeois Individualist
a Metallica sample, and 'Funky Music Sho Nuff Turns Me On' with
Edwin Starr.
Heard it, and dig it. I liked Utah Saints from the early stuff like
"Something Good"...
If we're gonna go down that path, I suggest "Theme from S-Express" :)

Love Dan
stanleypain
2003-09-01 10:26:50 UTC
I can recommend the dutch Pametex, Nukubus and Syncom Data (mostly on
Bunker Records). Luke Eargoggle from Sweden (Stilleben Records) is also funky
and dark..
Arm
2003-09-08 22:44:14 UTC
You might like the Grassy Knoll...try his 1998 album, 'III' (as in
three). Granted, there's more of a mix of rock and funk than
straight-up funk, but there are definitely industrial elements to that
album, as well as fusion jazz. Either way, it's a stellar album, very
soundscapey, but with a definitive edge. It's not light listening.
Thurston Moore (Sonic Youth) plays on it also.

Here's a review to give a better idea:

http://www.sixtyonesixtyeight.com/gk/gkreview_iii_pitchfork.html
Girl the Bourgeois Individualist
2003-09-01 20:33:54 UTC
Post by all this sorrow becomes me
Girl the Bourgeois Individualist is a broken toy, for a lonely
Post by Girl the Bourgeois Individualist
Post by all this sorrow becomes me
die warzau were always my fave (along with snog). anything in that
vein?
If you can handle something a little dancier, check out Utah
Saint's "Two".
Post by Girl the Bourgeois Individualist
There's two ultra-funky tracks on that, 'Power to the beats', with
Chuck D and
Post by Girl the Bourgeois Individualist
a Metallica sample, and 'Funky Music Sho Nuff Turns Me On' with
Edwin Starr.
Heard it, and dig it. I liked Utah Saints from the early stuff like
"Something Good"...
You'll be pleased to hear their next release is due to be a remix of Edwyn
Starr's 'War' (collaboration turned tribute) and their third album
(officially, of course, as their original second album was scrapped -
thankfully having heard "Messiah Presents Progenitor", the awful follow-up to
Messiah's rave classic "21st Century Jesus") is in the works.

Girl.
Girl the Bourgeois Individualist
2003-09-11 22:28:15 UTC
Post by all this sorrow becomes me
die warzau were always my fave (along with snog). anything in that
vein?
Just going through the mound of stuff I have to review and came across a
couple of CDs with a fair bit of groove. So, I recommend you have a listen to
a bit of Stromkern on WTII Records and S.V.D on Dependent ('Big bad city'
anyway).

Girl.