Hanzel und Gretyl play Boston
Loki Ambrodious von Esling
2003-07-29 21:52:41 UTC
I just wanted to reminder everyone about an incredible show that's coming
to Boston this Thursday (the 31st). Day after tomorrow!!
It's electro- industrial MADNESS! or goodness. (mad good?)
Hanzel und Gretyl (Metropolis recording artists)
is "Metropolis recording artists" supposed to be a thing that's going to
make people want to go more?
--
. \ ` ' / .
._` __^__ '_. Loki Ambridous von Esling
Justified
Lief Kirn
2003-07-29 22:36:05 UTC
Post by Loki Ambrodious von Esling
is "Metropolis recording artists" supposed to be a thing that's going to
make people want to go more?
Duh, you are a nobody if you don't own CDs from atleast half the Metropolis
roster.
mnemonic
2003-07-29 23:16:47 UTC
Post by Lief Kirn
Duh, you are a nobody if you don't own CDs from atleast half the Metropolis
roster.
Metropolis is the new Cleopatra.

abe m.
Sound Mirror
now I wouldn't go THAT far...
Michael Mierzwa
2003-07-30 04:55:51 UTC
Post by Loki Ambrodious von Esling
I just wanted to reminder everyone about an incredible show that's coming
to Boston this Thursday (the 31st). Day after tomorrow!!
It's electro- industrial MADNESS! or goodness. (mad good?)
Hanzel und Gretyl (Metropolis recording artists)
First off, I saw them in Sacto and loved the show so much that I drove
down to SF two days later to see them again. Hate Dept. and Voodou were
great too. (I'm not sure if the other two groups will be at this Boston
show, but I've already emailed a few non-California friends encouraging
them to see this tour.)
Post by Loki Ambrodious von Esling
is "Metropolis recording artists" supposed to be a thing that's going to
make people want to go more?
=P

Here, probably not.

At clubs and amongst a largely younger crowd? Probably so. Metropolis
is giving plenty of DJs and clubs CDs to hand out and *does* have name
recognition enough that I think a promoter trying to draw in a bigger
crowd (which for Hanzel und Gretyl will likely help the show if the
crowd dances and moves aorund).

The irony here is that Hanzel und Gretyl's Uber Alles tour / album is
much more guitar based than your recent metropolis releases. Somebody
going to hear "metropolis" like music may be disappointed.

Michael
Ray Parker Jr.
2003-07-31 08:22:00 UTC
Post by Michael Mierzwa
First off, I saw them in Sacto and loved the show so much that I drove
down to SF two days later to see them again.
I saw them at the CMJ showcase in New York in like 1997 or thereabouts and the
only thing I remember was some drunken goth broad vomiting on the floor near my
feet while sitting on the couch, doing my best to avoid the horrible music
wafting up from the stage downstairs.

Oh, precious memories.

Eric
Michael Mierzwa
2003-08-01 01:43:11 UTC
Post by Ray Parker Jr.
I saw them at the CMJ showcase in New York in like 1997 or thereabouts and the
only thing I remember was some drunken goth broad vomiting on the floor near my
feet while sitting on the couch, doing my best to avoid the horrible music
wafting up from the stage downstairs.
Oh, precious memories.
Well, they didn't have drunken goth broads vomiting at the shows I saw.
Maybe that is something they reserved JUST FOR YOU.

As for the horrible music, you can always check out their web page and
listen to a few samples. If you don't like it, don't go. If you do, go.

-Michael

Locke
2003-07-30 12:41:59 UTC
Please let me quote Loki Ambrodious von Esling...
|In article <bg6pmn$k44$***@bob.news.rcn.net>, punketta doilie wrote:
|> Hanzel und Gretyl (Metropolis recording artists)
|
|is "Metropolis recording artists" supposed to be a thing that's going to
|make people want to go more?

No, it's just a necessary signifier for fans to help them distinguish
between the musical genre and cultural phenomenon Industrial and the
internet domain industrial-music.com which have very little in common
except for little similarities in the spelling.

CU,
Locke

NP: Björk "Greatest Hits"
--
_ __ ___ _ __ ___ \\|||//
|____|\__/ \__\|_|\_\|___| \__=__/
| |
sounds of mass production
Yeah, it's called a selling point. You're not jealous are you?
Loki Ambrodious von Esling
2003-07-30 20:30:06 UTC
Post by sounds of mass production
Post by Loki Ambrodious von Esling
Hanzel und Gretyl (Metropolis recording artists)
is "Metropolis recording artists" supposed to be a thing that's going to
make people want to go more?
Yeah, it's called a selling point. You're not jealous are you?
No, i'm weirded out that some people would go see a show because a
certain artist is a Metrowhore
--
. \ ` ' / .
._` __^__ '_. Loki Ambridous von Esling
Justified
Industrialrednek
2003-07-31 12:03:52 UTC
putting metropolis and cleopatra even in the same sentence is like comparing
Skinny Puppy and Kids of Whidney High
Loki Ambrodious von Esling
2003-07-31 12:58:55 UTC
Post by Industrialrednek
putting metropolis and cleopatra even in the same sentence is like comparing
Skinny Puppy and Kids of Whidney High
they're both moronic money hungry labels that are willing to sign anyone
just to get their promotion out, i'd say they're similiar.
--
. \ ` ' / .
._` __^__ '_. Loki Ambridous von Esling
Justified
Isaac G.
2003-07-31 13:57:13 UTC
Post by Industrialrednek
putting metropolis and cleopatra even in the same sentence is like comparing
Skinny Puppy and Kids of Whidney High
HAHAHA damn dinkleberry!--i.
Advanced Industry can be found at:
Cesium137.com