Martial Industrial Recommendations
ReVulse
2004-06-26 14:00:49 UTC
I'm currently going through a phase of listening to powerful
neo-classical/martial industrial and wondered if anyone could make any
recommendations. I've done google searches and have downloaded[1] songs by
a large number of bands whose names have been mentioned with relation
to this genre, but very few actually have the sound I'm looking for.

The bands who best sum up the sound are Karjalan Sissit & Sophia. I also
very much like Arcana who are equally powerful but less militant.

[1] I use soulseek to get 3 or 4 songs by a band and if I like what I
hear, I buy an album (or 3). If I don't, I move on.

Thanks,

#ReVulse#
m***@industrial.org
2004-06-28 18:04:06 UTC
Post by ReVulse
The bands who best sum up the sound are Karjalan Sissit & Sophia. I also
very much like Arcana who are equally powerful but less militant.
Cold Meat has other stuff along those lines, In Slaughter Natives is
probably the closest to what you are likely looking for and possibly
mz.412 though both are much heavier than Arcana (which is more neofolk
meets Monty Python style monks than anything I would consider martial
industrial).

=)

Cheers

--
|) __,,_____________ moron : <***@industrial.org> (|
|) < ___________/ EEEI news : <***@industrial.org> (|
|) deterrent industries : http://deterrent.net (|
Nicolas Chevreux
2004-06-29 09:50:43 UTC
Post by m***@industrial.org
Post by ReVulse
The bands who best sum up the sound are Karjalan Sissit & Sophia. I also
very much like Arcana who are equally powerful but less militant.
Cold Meat has other stuff along those lines, In Slaughter Natives is
probably the closest to what you are likely looking for
Yes, and also try the last Sophia (side project of Arcana) album, as
well as the Sephiroth one, both on CMI.

Take care,

Nicolas

np: Team Shadetek: WSHT radio mix
Soterro
2004-06-29 14:16:05 UTC
Post by Nicolas Chevreux
Yes, and also try the last Sophia (side project of Arcana) album, as
well as the Sephiroth one, both on CMI.
Not at least, check Predella Avant, with their Carbon Figures - btw also
the self-titled is fine.

Or for something less industrial but still in a military style way above
Arcana, Gae Bolg (& the Church of Fand). My fav album - Tintagel.

ReVulse
2004-06-29 21:59:28 UTC
Post by Soterro
Post by Nicolas Chevreux
Yes, and also try the last Sophia (side project of Arcana) album, as
well as the Sephiroth one, both on CMI.
Not at least, check Predella Avant, with their Carbon Figures - btw also
the self-titled is fine.
Or for something less industrial but still in a military style way above
Arcana, Gae Bolg (& the Church of Fand). My fav album - Tintagel.
I'll give them a try - thanks.

I heard some tracks by Puissance and some of that is excellent (and some
of its not). Having huge problems finding the "back in control" and "war
On" albums :(

#ReVulse#
ReVulse
2004-06-29 21:45:34 UTC
Post by Nicolas Chevreux
Post by m***@industrial.org
Post by ReVulse
The bands who best sum up the sound are Karjalan Sissit & Sophia. I also
very much like Arcana who are equally powerful but less militant.
Cold Meat has other stuff along those lines, In Slaughter Natives is
probably the closest to what you are likely looking for
Yes, and also try the last Sophia (side project of Arcana) album, as
well as the Sephiroth one, both on CMI.
Take care,
Nicolas
np: Team Shadetek: WSHT radio mix
I've got "Spite" by Sophia and was thinking about buying the first album.
Heard some Sephiroth and have ordered the album based on "Wolftribes"
which is excellent.

Thanks.

#ReVulse#
ReVulse
2004-06-29 21:41:30 UTC
Post by m***@industrial.org
Post by ReVulse
The bands who best sum up the sound are Karjalan Sissit & Sophia. I also
very much like Arcana who are equally powerful but less militant.
Cold Meat has other stuff along those lines, In Slaughter Natives is
probably the closest to what you are likely looking for and possibly
mz.412 though both are much heavier than Arcana (which is more neofolk
meets Monty Python style monks than anything I would consider martial
industrial).
=)
Cheers
Thanks for the suggestions - I downloaded a few tracks by both bands.
They're good (especially ISN), but not quite what I was looking for but
I'll probably look to buy at least one album by each.

#ReVulse#
2004-07-01 12:34:28 UTC
Post by ReVulse
They're good (especially ISN), but not quite what I was looking for but
I'll probably look to buy at least one album by each.
You might want to wait for the (rumoured) new In Slaughter Natives
album if that indeed is coming out in the fall. Judging by the recent
live appearance I witnessed the new music just *might* turn out to be
excellent.

Oh, and just stay away from Coph Nia. Unless you want to hear the
industrial equivalent of Spinal Tap. :-)
Soterro
2004-07-02 08:06:18 UTC
Post by ...
You might want to wait for the (rumoured) new In Slaughter Natives
album if that indeed is coming out in the fall. Judging by the recent
live appearance I witnessed the new music just *might* turn out to be
excellent.
Will ISN ever use a *real* chick for those quasi-vocal parts?
If only for the live appearances and it still would be a burst, for me
at least.

np: Noisex - Wicked weirdoz
2004-07-05 08:59:06 UTC
Dunno. But that "chick" looked really bulky and masculine to me when I saw ISN live.
Soterro
2004-07-05 10:07:43 UTC
Post by ...
Dunno. But that "chick" looked really bulky and masculine to me when I saw ISN live.
Not _that_ one. :D
The virtual one which was present only as casual soprano-like screams on
tape.