what are you listening to?
f***@gmail.com
2007-11-09 02:35:55 UTC
man, this group is dead. we need some fodder... therefore, i ask you,
what have you been listening to lately? 2) how's meta - assemblage23
compared to the rest? 3) does this morn omina have any side projects i
should know about?

paradive
p.s. i've been hearing a lot about Combichrist lately. what do they
sound like?
mimus
2007-11-09 04:47:20 UTC
Post by f***@gmail.com
man, this group is dead. we need some fodder...
I don't think even oats will help by now.
Post by f***@gmail.com
therefore, i ask you, what have you been listening to lately?
Just got in a replacement copy of Laether Strip's _Underneath the
Laughter_, and

Laether Strip/ Underneath the Laughter (1994)(Cleopatra)/ "We Will
Follow", "Atheistic Sermon", "Prying Eyes" and "World's End" (31:35)

is of course a wond'rous enough and long-cherished block, although hardly
fit for mixed company.
Post by f***@gmail.com
2) how's meta - assemblage23
compared to the rest?
Of the blocks I get off _Storm_ and _Meta_, I rank

Assemblage 23/ Meta (2007)(Metropolis)/ "Truth", "Raw", "Madman's Dream",
"Ghosts" and "Crush" (27:56)

over

Assemblage 23/ Storm (2004)(Metropolis)/ "Ground", "Let the Wind Erase
Me", "Skin" and "Infinite" (21:54)

(_Storm_ is a bit on the soft and sweet side for me.)
Let there be throbbing.
s***@gmail.com
2007-11-09 08:27:17 UTC
Post by f***@gmail.com
man, this group is dead. we need some fodder... therefore, i ask you,
what have you been listening to lately? 2) how's meta - assemblage23
compared to the rest? 3) does this morn omina have any side projects i
should know about?
paradive
p.s. i've been hearing a lot about Combichrist lately. what do they
sound like?
I thought this group was for industrial, assemblage 23 and combichrist
are techno...
mimus
2007-11-09 18:07:58 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Post by f***@gmail.com
man, this group is dead. we need some fodder... therefore, i ask you,
what have you been listening to lately? 2) how's meta - assemblage23
compared to the rest? 3) does this morn omina have any side projects i
should know about?
paradive
p.s. i've been hearing a lot about Combichrist lately. what do they
sound like?
I thought this group was for industrial
It'll take anything close. New electro-EBM always welcome. Or as welcome
as anything is, anyway.
Let there be throbbing.
JD
2007-11-09 20:29:11 UTC
Post by f***@gmail.com
man, this group is dead. we need some fodder... therefore, i ask you,
what have you been listening to lately? 2) how's meta - assemblage23
compared to the rest? 3) does this morn omina have any side projects i
should know about?
paradive
p.s. i've been hearing a lot about Combichrist lately. what do they
sound like?
I've been looking at the new live CD from Rammstein, Volker Ball. I'm
looking at it since it has a DVD of live shows. It's pretty cool if
you're into Rammstein. This was released last year in Europe but just
came out in the US.

http://www.rammstein.com/_SimpleBall/

I've also been listening to Eisbrecher's new CD Antikorper and their new
US double single Leider/Vergissmeinnicht. I don't speak German but the
single reminds me of Bigod 20 for some reason.

http://www.eis-brecher.com/

None of this shit is really industrial but you ask what am I listening to.

I don't know much about Combichrist but they have a web page;

http://www.combichrist.com/
JD..
m***@gmail.com
crap
P***@gmail.com
2007-12-02 11:58:15 UTC
Post by f***@gmail.com
man, this group is dead. we need some fodder... therefore, i ask you,
what have you been listening to lately? 2) how's meta - assemblage23
compared to the rest? 3) does this morn omina have any side projects i
should know about?
paradive
p.s. i've been hearing a lot about Combichrist lately. what do they
sound like?
crap
You know what? I haven't heard of them, but this industrial stuff was
still cool in the eighties. Heard of Ministry?
mimus
2007-12-02 19:39:32 UTC
Post by P***@gmail.com
Post by f***@gmail.com
man, this group is dead. we need some fodder... therefore, i ask you,
what have you been listening to lately? 2) how's meta - assemblage23
compared to the rest? 3) does this morn omina have any side projects i
should know about?
paradive
p.s. i've been hearing a lot about Combichrist lately. what do they
sound like?
crap
You know what? I haven't heard of them, but this industrial stuff was
still cool in the eighties. Heard of Ministry?
Weren't they a Revolting Cocks side-project?
Let there be throbbing.
j***@hehxduhmp.org
2007-12-03 15:51:52 UTC
I thought they were a Lard side project?
GaryH
2007-12-10 03:47:22 UTC
Revolting Cocks and Lard were both side projects of Ministry. There is a
new RevCo album coming out sometime in the near future and Ministry will be
touring in a few months for their last tour ever.

I saw Combichrist open for KMFDM. Combichrist is awesome live but their
recorded stuff sounds a bit repetitive. Check them out if they are in
concert, though.

I saw USSA and Chemlab the other night. USSA is a new band with Paul Barker
(old Ministry bass player). It was a cool concert.
dj_evol_eno
2007-12-10 16:31:34 UTC
The Chemlab tour has me listening to them again. Oxidizer was an
amazing album (still is) and same with Burnout At The Hydrogen Bar.
Sometimes i forget about how much I like Chemlab, Jared can write a
tune. Can't wait to see this tour (TONIGHT in TALLAHASSEE). Not just
for Chemlab, definitely curious about the "Ministry/Jesus Lizard
Hybrid" of U.S.S.A. as well as Cyanotic (been a fan since first
hearing them a couple years ago (Transhuman has also been in my CD
player a lot lately).
Slipface
2007-12-14 02:34:02 UTC
In article
Post by dj_evol_eno
The Chemlab tour has me listening to them again. Oxidizer was an
amazing album (still is) and same with Burnout At The Hydrogen Bar.
Sometimes i forget about how much I like Chemlab, Jared can write a
tune. Can't wait to see this tour (TONIGHT in TALLAHASSEE).
I saw Chemlab open for Sister Machine Gun several years ago. What a
difference between the two acts. Chemlab was frenetic and mega high
energy. SMG slow, plodding, hypnotic, and very cool light show. All
in all a great show, although I did tire of SMG before the end of their
set. I think it got a little repetitive.

I think there was another opening act but I can't recall who it was...

_d
j***@hehxduhmp.org
2007-12-14 19:19:53 UTC
Post by dj_evol_eno
The Chemlab tour has me listening to them again. Oxidizer was an
amazing album (still is) and same with Burnout At The Hydrogen Bar.
Where is the tour date list?

I saw them a couple of years ago, they played a one-off show in
cambridge,ma
j***@hehxduhmp.org
2007-12-14 19:19:12 UTC
Post by GaryH
Revolting Cocks and Lard were both side projects of Ministry. There is a
It was a joke.

And quit top posting.
mimus
2007-12-14 22:38:10 UTC
Post by j***@hehxduhmp.org
Post by GaryH
Revolting Cocks and Lard were both side projects of Ministry. There is a
It was a joke.
And quit top posting.
Jesus Lizard, the first new poster in three years and you're complaining
about top-posting?

I've never cared that much for either Ministry and their projects or SMG,
but I've got to admit "Beers, Steers and Queers" is one helluva
end-of-the-world club-song . . . .

"Cowboy."

I wonder if that inspired _Brokeback Mountain_? or whether the movie used
the song?
Let there be throbbing.
j***@hehxduhmp.org
2007-12-18 16:12:19 UTC
Post by mimus
Jesus Lizard, the first new poster in three years and you're complaining
about top-posting?
Sure ;)

What we need to do is find out what ever happened to eschaton. He was
always good for stirring up trouble, talking about jerking off with
bbq sauce or something like that.
I'm going to just say yes. It makes me feel better that way.
mimus
2007-12-19 00:51:48 UTC
Post by j***@hehxduhmp.org
Post by mimus
Jesus Lizard, the first new poster in three years and you're
complaining about top-posting?
Sure ;)
He might've had a lead to a new or at least previously unreviewed group.

Send out the snarks.
Post by j***@hehxduhmp.org
What we need to do is find out what ever happened to eschaton. He was
always good for stirring up trouble, talking about jerking off with bbq
sauce or something like that.
What we need is some new good hot polished complex driving and
polyrhythmic electro-EBM . . . .

Someone needs to "water-board" the ex-members of Electro Assassin until
they finish the "Demon Seed trilogy" we were promised in the insert to
_The Divine Invasion_, for starters.

Did Nitzer Ebb ever finally cough up a new album, or was that rerun tour
it?
Post by j***@hehxduhmp.org
Post by mimus
I wonder if that inspired _Brokeback Mountain_? or whether the movie
used the song?
I'm going to just say yes. It makes me feel better that way.
<bong>
Let there be thr<bong>
Earthlink news server
2008-01-31 01:56:49 UTC
Post by mimus
Post by j***@hehxduhmp.org
Post by mimus
I wonder if that inspired _Brokeback Mountain_? or whether the movie
used the song?
I'm going to just say yes. It makes me feel better that way.
<bong>
--
Let there be thr<bong>
Mostly been listening to a lot of medieval industrial of late...Tanzwut,
Schandmaul, Saltatio Mortis, Faun, Potentia Animi. Also a fair amount of
more tradationally oriented medieval stuff...Corvus Corax, Estampie,
Schelmish...

All of it damn good stuff. Best albums to date by each of the industrially
oriented bands are:

Tanzwut: Ihr Wolltet Spass

Schandmaul: Von Spitzbuben Und Anderen Halunken

Saltatio Mortis: Das Zweite Gesicht

Faun: Renaissance

Potentia Animi: Both of them - Das Erste Gebet and Psalm II

Psalm II has a track (Qui per Mundum) that is probably the ultimate white
rap...vanilla ice and eminim eat your hearts out...

Performed by Germans, sung in latin...it has elements of medieval,
industrial, rap and metal all woven into a tapestry of incredible power. If
God had ever intended that there be Rap...this would be it. :)
mimus
2008-01-31 03:34:48 UTC
Post by Earthlink news server
Post by mimus
Post by j***@hehxduhmp.org
Post by mimus
[...]
You're making all of this up.
Let there be throbbing.
Earthlink news server
And why should I do that?
mimus
2008-01-31 23:26:23 UTC
Post by mimus
Post by mimus
Post by Earthlink news server
Post by mimus
Send out the snarks.
Post by mimus
Post by Earthlink news server
Post by mimus
it?
Post by mimus
Post by Earthlink news server
God had ever intended that there be Rap...this would be it. :)
You're making all of this up.
And why should I do that?
How would I know?

Is this a development of the "medieval"/"death-folk" genre?

Come to think of it,

Mentallo and the Fixer/ Burnt beyond Recognition (1997)(Metropolis)/
"Abandon All Hope", "Other World Technology", "Mother of Harlots" and
"False Prophets" (30:14)

is pretty to close to "ancient" electro-EBM.

It's in English, not Emegirean, though.
Let there be throbbing.
Earthlink news server
2008-02-01 01:34:44 UTC
Post by mimus
Post by mimus
Post by mimus
Post by Earthlink news server
Post by mimus
Send out the snarks.
Post by mimus
Post by Earthlink news server
Post by mimus
it?
Post by mimus
Post by mimus
Post by Earthlink news server
God had ever intended that there be Rap...this would be it. :)
You're making all of this up.
And why should I do that?
How would I know?
Is this a development of the "medieval"/"death-folk" genre?
Come to think of it,
Mentallo and the Fixer/ Burnt beyond Recognition (1997)(Metropolis)/
"Abandon All Hope", "Other World Technology", "Mother of Harlots" and
"False Prophets" (30:14)
is pretty to close to "ancient" electro-EBM.
It's in English, not Emegirean, though.
--
Let there be throbbing.
I would say not even close to the death folk genre, though it may be a
response to it...this is friggin' happy makin' music...

Here's a link to the song I mentioned above:

http://www.artifaction.com/Files/Qui_per_Mundum.mp3

Let me know if it does anything for you and I can offer some examples from
the other bands mentioned.
Joseph Brenner
2008-01-28 01:54:46 UTC
Post by f***@gmail.com
man, this group is dead. we need some fodder... therefore, i ask you,
what have you been listening to lately?
Well, of late I've had the "Nocturnalis" CD on the changer by
"The Sandbox Trio", an outfit that includes Beth Custer:

http://www.bethcuster.com/sandboxcd.html

This has a dark ambient sound to it that I wouldn't hesitate to
recommend to fans of "industrial", but it's all improvisations by
people who are Real Muscians, so it has a much more musically
complex sound than you often get from the people who might
self-identify as "industrial". (And if anyone's got any other
examples of that at hand of Industrial by people who don't think
of themselves that way, I'd be interested in hearing it.)

And I've also been listening to some beatnik-poetry-plus-music
releases again, such as "Kerouac -- Kicks Joy Darkness", and the
very cool Ira Cohen disk "The Majoon Traveler" on the Sub Rosa
label, with music spliced together by Dj Cheb i Sabbah from
various sources...

As for newer stuff... Wobbly was on KPFA this Thursday night,
playing a few new releases from "the Tear record label", I'm
pretty sure they said... though I can't find any traces of this
on the web, not even on Wobbly discographies. Anyway, there was
some decent electronica in there, and the show should be
available on-line for another few weeks:

http://kpfa.org/archives/index.php?arch=24475
buzzgun
2008-01-28 16:16:19 UTC
Post by f***@gmail.com
man, this group is dead. we need some fodder... therefore, i ask you,
what have you been listening to lately?
Recently attended a Yo La Tengo concert affair as well as a jam fusion
lineup with Telepath and Lotus. As for industrial mainly a disk I
picked up awhile back: Interbreeding VII: The Flesh Harvest / Natural
Enemies (The NOLA edition)
http://www.blcmusic.com/ReleaseInfo.asp?id=23
mimus
2008-01-30 18:19:08 UTC
Post by buzzgun
Post by f***@gmail.com
man, this group is dead. we need some fodder... therefore, i ask you,
what have you been listening to lately?
Recently attended a Yo La Tengo concert affair as well as a jam fusion
lineup with Telepath and Lotus. As for industrial mainly a disk I
picked up awhile back: Interbreeding VII: The Flesh Harvest / Natural
Enemies (The NOLA edition)
http://www.blcmusic.com/ReleaseInfo.asp?id=23
Old stuff.

<weep>

Just now:

Mentallo and the Fixer/ Where Angels Fear to Tread (no date)(Zoth Ommog/
Metropolis)/ "Power Struggle", "Abominations Unleashed", "Decomposed",
"Atom Smasher", "Bring to a Boil" and "Sacrilege (Grimpen Ward)" (35:47)

Met 008 . . . .
Let there be throbbing.
jackthetab
2008-02-16 23:13:21 UTC
Sorry for the late chime in, but my the last five albums I have listened too
are -

Clock DVA - Buried Dreams
Velvet Acid Christ - Calling Ov The Dead
Dry Kill Logic - Vengeance and Violence
Dryft - Cell
Muslimgauze - Maroon
--