How the heck do I make industrial music?
The Dude
2005-11-12 03:17:58 UTC
I don't know jack about recording music. But I'm sick and tired of
this industrial ebm crap. Industrial's supposed to involve some guy
banging two pans together while there's other stuff going on. Anyways,
I was wondering what's a good rescource on how to record some
industrial music. I found a thing about doing those MOD file type
songs, but what else is there?
Lech
2005-11-12 07:28:06 UTC
Industrial's supposed to involve some guy banging two pans
together while there's other stuff going on.
Well, there you go. Now, get yourself a recording device & go raid mom's
kitchen for pots 'n pans...

Yrs, &c. Lech
To mail me, take out the trash.
silberspy
2005-11-13 14:25:50 UTC
For industrial music, reel to reel tape recorders are nice because you
can chop the tape up to make loops & change the pitch & play it
backwards & everything.
Iain x
2005-11-14 00:31:06 UTC
Post by Lech
Industrial's supposed to involve some guy banging two pans
together while there's other stuff going on.
Well, there you go. Now, get yourself a recording device & go raid mom's
kitchen for pots 'n pans...
Then move to Europe and hire four helicopters.. or get a mixer
maybe..?
--
Iain x Solcrux.com

'We're here to invite you to come kiss Hank's ass with us'
www.starcantdead.com/sketches/kissinghanksass.html
Lech
2005-11-14 06:51:58 UTC
Post by Iain x
Then move to Europe and hire four helicopters.. or get a mixer
maybe..?
Depends... if he's on a budget, moving to Vancouver & hiring four skidoos &
a blender will do.

Yrs, &c. Lech
To mail me, take out the trash.
5inusoid
2005-11-15 23:08:35 UTC
Get a sampler.

MPC 1000 is great. It has a built-in sequencer. Record everything. Get
a free audio editor on your computer like AUDACITY.
DJ Bat
2005-11-20 00:19:13 UTC
Post by The Dude
I don't know jack about recording music. But I'm sick and tired of
this industrial ebm crap. Industrial's supposed to involve some guy
banging two pans together while there's other stuff going on. Anyways,
I was wondering what's a good rescource on how to record some
industrial music. I found a thing about doing those MOD file type
songs, but what else is there?
What, a cassette recorder, plugged in toaster and a bathtub make for all the
fixins...
mimus
2006-04-24 20:55:19 UTC
Post by DJ Bat
Post by The Dude
I don't know jack about recording music. But I'm sick and tired of
this industrial ebm crap. Industrial's supposed to involve some guy
banging two pans together while there's other stuff going on. Anyways,
I was wondering what's a good rescource on how to record some
industrial music. I found a thing about doing those MOD file type
songs, but what else is there?
What, a cassette recorder, plugged in toaster and a bathtub make for all the
fixins...
My air conditioner has all sorts of cool rhythms.
--
.sigzip:*