[Playlist] Denver, CO - 7-24-03 Combustion Akcelerator - Club Onyx
Todd Clayton
2003-07-25 19:30:04 UTC
Club Onyx...
While I have zero problem with people posting play lists, ones like this
annoy me.

What city is this in? Whats the point in posting a play list with no
other information than that it was a Thursday at Club Onyx? Contact
information for the club? The DJs? A Web site? Who was this posted for?

/me goes back to making mixtapes for his MD walkman.
--
+---------------------------------+--------------------------------+
| Todd Clayton aka DJ Todd | Real Synthetic Audio |
It's no fun when your cat starts thinking outside the box.
Veni Vidi Exii
2003-07-25 19:49:27 UTC
Post by Todd Clayton
What city is this in?
Denver, CO. Read subject lines, Todd.
Post by Todd Clayton
Who was this posted for?
Girl, since AFAIK he's the only one who actually reads playlists
and considers them a valid contribution to the group.

Note for all DJs: Just fwd them to ***@sortedmagazine.com.
Save the rest of us the bandwidth.
--
-Chris

np: Moka Only - Moon Burn
"The 80s sucked in the 80s, and they still suck now."
-Shakey Mo Collier
Todd Clayton
2003-07-25 20:20:12 UTC
Post by Veni Vidi Exii
Denver, CO. Read subject lines, Todd.
Meh. It wasn't in the body. I don't read headers that closely.
Post by Veni Vidi Exii
Girl, since AFAIK he's the only one who actually reads playlists
and considers them a valid contribution to the group.
I think they're valid too, but the signal to noise ratio in this group
has dropped significantly. This makes them more noticeable.
--
+---------------------------------+--------------------------------+
Michael Mierzwa
2003-07-27 04:21:52 UTC
Post by Todd Clayton
Meh. It wasn't in the body. I don't read headers that closely.
Maybe there is a lesson to be learned here. ;)
Post by Todd Clayton
Girl, since AFAIK he's the only one who actually reads playlists and
considers them a valid contribution to the group.
I think they're valid too, but the signal to noise ratio in this group
has dropped significantly. This makes them more noticeable.
I read them and think they are valid.

Complaints about playlists will soon be as numerous as playlists (OK,
overstated, but maybe folks should think about that). And in this case,
the DJ tagged it "[Playlist]". Since most newsreaders should have
filters ... don't download or read playlists that are tagged, couldn't
folks just filter the group?

Michael
Pandora
2003-07-27 22:28:09 UTC
Post by Michael Mierzwa
I read them and think they are valid.
Complaints about playlists will soon be as numerous as playlists (OK,
overstated, but maybe folks should think about that). And in this case,
the DJ tagged it "[Playlist]". Since most newsreaders should have
filters ... don't download or read playlists that are tagged, couldn't
folks just filter the group?
Preach on, brother. I read them occasionally, and will sometimes
discover something I may have overlooked otherwise. I mostly use
filters for specific posters that I would rather not read, but
most of them have left now. Subject filters only work so well,
IMO.

Have a nice day!

Rachel

np: http://www.tvn.cl/programas/31minutos/cd.asp (Spanish sock
puppets rock!)
Todd Clayton
2003-07-28 02:26:42 UTC
Post by Michael Mierzwa
Post by Todd Clayton
Meh. It wasn't in the body. I don't read headers that closely.
Maybe there is a lesson to be learned here. ;)
Yeah. Make sure everything is in the body. Even if it repeats itself.
--