Therapeutic value of ambient?
Ostrich Beheader
2003-12-19 00:18:14 UTC
I've come across various ambient CDs that claim to have positive effects
on the brain. And not new age stuff that's advertised like "as seen on
TV!" but actual small ambient projects. I have this CD by Michael Mantra
called 'Sonic Alter'. Once I was able to get into a deep meditative
state with it.

So to what extent do these types of releases affect the brain? I know
most ambient and music in general can't induce or aid meditation.
Especially dark ambient. I mean I love it but I don't know if I could
really meditate to Lustmord or Raison d'Etre.

Can certain sound waves really affect the mind? I know oscillators can
make people feel uneasy. Any type of sound wave that could induce an
orgasmic state?
dolo
2003-12-19 00:23:39 UTC
Post by Ostrich Beheader
I've come across various ambient CDs that claim to have positive
effects on the brain. And not new age stuff that's advertised like "as
seen on TV!" but actual small ambient projects. I have this CD by
Michael Mantra called 'Sonic Alter'. Once I was able to get into a
deep meditative state with it.
So to what extent do these types of releases affect the brain? I know
most ambient and music in general can't induce or aid meditation.
Especially dark ambient. I mean I love it but I don't know if I could
really meditate to Lustmord or Raison d'Etre.
Can certain sound waves really affect the mind? I know oscillators can
make people feel uneasy. Any type of sound wave that could induce an
orgasmic state?
I always wondered about sawtooth waves - saxophones - are they sawtooth?
Or more sine? Some people think they are sexy and some people hate
them...and don't get me started on bagpipes...there's a thesis in there
somewhere, if it hasn't already been done... d.
a gal who really thinks pipes are sexy, sexy, sexy, especially
uillean...:D
2003-12-20 10:22:51 UTC
Wouldn't you just rather have it the old-fashioned way?
Paul's penis is HELL, boy.
2003-12-20 12:19:11 UTC
Post by ...
Post by Ostrich Beheader
Any type of sound wave that could induce an
orgasmic state?
Wouldn't you just rather have it the old-fashioned way?
of course not! that's not industrial enough... or something.
--
np: nothin'

AIM: WhoKilledtheJAMs
dukncovr at kmfdm dot com
http://www.rit.edu/~pmy5192
H2O
2003-12-20 22:15:57 UTC
Post by Ostrich Beheader
Can certain sound waves really affect the mind? I know oscillators can
make people feel uneasy. Any type of sound wave that could induce an
orgasmic state?
There's Anti-Group which features Adi Newton of Clock Dva. One of
their albums is called Testetones, where he experiments with weird
sound waves.

here's more info if your interested:

http://www.clockdva.com/teste.tones.html
Bob Arctor
orgasmic state?
judd
I believe Country music has been shown to lower the listener's IQ, but....
Soterro
2004-01-16 07:57:15 UTC
Post by Ostrich Beheader
So to what extent do these types of releases affect the brain? I know
most ambient and music in general can't induce or aid meditation.
Especially dark ambient. I mean I love it but I don't know if I could
really meditate to Lustmord or Raison d'Etre.
Well, as for Lustmord, they (he) claim their releases rely also on
sound research - theory and effects. They don't mention meditation
though on the CD sleeves, neither orgasm (sorry). Just effects, pick
what you like. Should be only the infrasounds and earthquakes and you
certainly could have 'some' effects induced (here fails Raison
D'etre).