New darkwave/darkambient music from The Devouring Element
parasomnic
2008-10-09 01:00:17 UTC
The debut release from The Devouring Element, "Subterranean Hymns", is
finally done! It's been mastered and will soon be ready for public
consumption. Not sure whether we'll actually make "real" CDs with
packaging, but we will definitely be making download-able versions
available for purchase. Watch for more info coming soon. In the
meantime, check out six of the nine songs here:

http://www.myspace.com/thedevouringelement

The Devouring Element is an ever-evolving post-industrial / dark
ambient / darkwave project, created by Geoff Dargan. The music is a
combination of chaotic noise, rich synths, and various sampled sounds.
The Devouring Element takes the harsh edge of industrial and pulls
beauty from within the chaos to create soundscapes that exist within
contrasting ideas and emotions. The result provides a glimpse into the
postmodern zeitgeist, which stems from the angst brought on by
continuing struggles around our globe, marking the emergence of the
21st century. These are the sounds of what will be...

http://www.parasomnicrecords.com
mimus
2008-10-11 19:38:39 UTC
Post by parasomnic
[...]
How do "fundamentalist" theocratic terrorists fit into "the postmodern
zeitgeist"? or good-old-fashioned plutocracies, like the US and Russia?
--
Let there be-- holy fuck, what was that? _where'd my car go?_