[ad] 4-sale: Out-of-print KMFDM "Xtort" CD
Fnordly Whiplash
2004-06-14 03:55:53 UTC
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4018811456

Ends: Jun-20-04 20:02:17 PDT

Details:

One of KMFDM's much-sought-after early albums.. 10 tracks of
industro-metal mayhem. A real classic!

Condition: Perfect, mint condition. Flawless. I do not guarantee jewel
cases against cracking during shipping (they're a dime a dozen anyway),
but I will pack this item very securely for you.

Track listing:
1. Power
2. Apathy
3. Rules
4. Craze
5. Dogma
6. Inane
7. Blame
8. Son Of A Gun
9. Ikons
10. Wrath

Contributing artists: Chris Connelly, En Esch, F.M. Einheit, William
Rieflin

Distributor: TVT Records
Recording type: Studio
Recording mode: Stereo
SPAR Code: n/a

Album notes:
KMFDM: Sascha Konietzko (vocals, various instruments, synthesizer, bass,
drums, samples, loops, programming); Chris Connelly, Dorona Alberti,
Nicole Blackman, Cheryl Wilson, Jennifer Ginsberg (vocals); Bruce
Bendinger, Jr. Blackmail (spoken vocals); Mark Durante (slide guitar,
guitar); Gunter Schulz (guitar, piano, bass); En Esch (guitar,
background vocals); Steve Finckle (saxophone); Jack Kramer, Mike
Cichowicz (trumpet); Bob Samborski (trombone); Bruce Breckenfeld
(Hammond B-3 organ); William Rieflin (drums); F.M. Einheit (percussion,
sound effects); Ron Lowe (drill, vacuum cleaner); John Van Eaton (sound
effects).

Producers: Sascha Konietzko, Gunter Schulz, Chris Shepard.

Editorial reviews:
4 (out of 5) - ...On XTORT, the usual combination of turbulent dance
beats, grating heavy metal riffs and shouted vocals gives way to the
most accomplished set of songs to come from the KMFDM clique thus far...
RIP  (09/01/1996)
...XTORT grooves with menacing force, spattering horns, female backing
vocals, strings, and spoken words across an apocalyptic sound grid. At
the same time, it's the heaviest and most danceable disc in their
12-year career. - Rating: A-
Entertainment Weekly  (07/12/1996)
Included in AP's 10 Essential Industrial-Rock ALbums - ...features a
rogues' gallery of guests who assist leader Sascha Konietzko in
appropriating styles for his own synth-and-six-stringed empire...
Alternative Press  (11/01/1999)T

Additional keywords:
MDFMK Sasha Konietzko Sascha Konietzko Pig Raymond Watts Neinz Watts
Excessive Force En Esch Einstuerzende Neubauten Einsturzende Neubauten
Einstürzende Neubauten Einstürzende Neubauten Ministry F. M.
Einheit Bill Rieflin Revolting Cocks RevCo Pigface
rivetmike
2004-06-14 09:34:17 UTC
Post by Fnordly Whiplash
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4018811456
Ends: Jun-20-04 20:02:17 PDT
One of KMFDM's much-sought-after early albums.
Is it out of print? Is it an early album?

Rivetmike
Paul's penis is HELL, boy.
2004-06-14 15:29:36 UTC
Post by rivetmike
Post by Fnordly Whiplash
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4018811456
Ends: Jun-20-04 20:02:17 PDT
One of KMFDM's much-sought-after early albums.
Is it out of print? Is it an early album?
Rivetmike
it's from 1996. even if it *is* oop, it's not rare or anything.
--
np: Nothin'

AIM: WhoKilledtheJAMs
dukncovr at kmfdm dot com
http://www.rit.edu/~pmy5192

"Is that french fries? oh wait, it's pie." -Adam
rivetmike
2004-06-15 09:21:02 UTC
Post by Paul's penis is HELL, boy.
Post by rivetmike
Post by Fnordly Whiplash
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4018811456
Ends: Jun-20-04 20:02:17 PDT
One of KMFDM's much-sought-after early albums.
Is it out of print? Is it an early album?
Rivetmike
it's from 1996. even if it *is* oop, it's not rare or anything.
Sorry I didn't convey my sarcasm too well,I'm well aware that it is
neither oop or an early album.

Rivetmike
Paul's penis is HELL, boy.
2004-06-15 10:53:57 UTC
Post by rivetmike
Sorry I didn't convey my sarcasm too well,I'm well aware that it is
neither oop or an early album.
ah, gotcha.

stupid ascii not conveying the subtleties of speech well...
--
np: Nothin'

AIM: WhoKilledtheJAMs
e23topy at yahoo dot commmmm
http://www.rit.edu/~pmy5192

RetardIslandMayr: dont get your penis stuck in a coffee can, or anything]
Girl
2004-06-15 20:04:34 UTC
Post by rivetmike
Post by Fnordly Whiplash
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4018811456
Ends: Jun-20-04 20:02:17 PDT
One of KMFDM's much-sought-after early albums.
Is it out of print? Is it an early album?
Rivetmike
it's from 1996. even if it *is* oop, it's not rare or anything.
Sorry I didn't convey my sarcasm too well,I'm well aware that it is
neither oop or an early album.
Actually, it looks like it is OOP -
http://www.industrial-music.com/search.php?PHPSESSID=8bcb7775b4c47fcf77c210fa14c2e299&type=artist&terms=KMFDM
(definitely not rare on CD, vinyl now that was a bitch to find...)

Girl.
rivetmike
2004-06-16 09:57:40 UTC
Post by rivetmike
Post by Fnordly Whiplash
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4018811456
Ends: Jun-20-04 20:02:17 PDT
One of KMFDM's much-sought-after early albums.
Is it out of print? Is it an early album?
Rivetmike
it's from 1996. even if it *is* oop, it's not rare or anything.
Sorry I didn't convey my sarcasm too well,I'm well aware that it is
neither oop or an early album.
Actually, it looks like it is OOP -
http://www.industrial-music.com/search.php?PHPSESSID=8bcb7775b4c47fcf77c210fa14c2e299&type=artist&terms=KMFDM
(definitely not rare on CD, vinyl now that was a bitch to find...)
Girl.
If it is out of print then it's probably only because there are so
many in general circulation as it is readily available from UK online
suppliers such as MNS,Tower,HMV (which is ironic considering it didn't
even get an official UK release ;)).BTW has all of KMFDMs catalogue
gone over to Metropolis now as I thought it was released on TVT?

Rivetmike
Sound Mirror
2004-06-16 10:10:45 UTC
Post by rivetmike
BTW has all of KMFDMs catalogue
gone over to Metropolis now as I thought it was released on TVT?
no, Metropolis never re-released KMFDM's back catalogue (do you really think
they'd re-release older industrial material? ha!).. however, the Boots
single, Attak album, Strum Und Drang live CD, and S&D DVD were released
through metropolis.. now they're signed to Sanctuary.. who know's where they
will end up next
Girl
2004-06-16 19:35:59 UTC
Post by Sound Mirror
Post by rivetmike
BTW has all of KMFDMs catalogue
gone over to Metropolis now as I thought it was released on TVT?
no, Metropolis never re-released KMFDM's back catalogue (do you really think
they'd re-release older industrial material? ha!).. however, the Boots
single, Attak album, Strum Und Drang live CD, and S&D DVD were released
through metropolis.. now they're signed to Sanctuary.. who know's where they
will end up next
Yes, but that's what out of print means, that it's not being currently
produced. Obviously there's copies knocking around, but, as far as I know, no
new ones are being made - thus OOP.

Girl.
rivetmike
2004-06-16 19:52:53 UTC
Post by Sound Mirror
Post by rivetmike
BTW has all of KMFDMs catalogue
gone over to Metropolis now as I thought it was released on TVT?
no, Metropolis never re-released KMFDM's back catalogue (do you really think
they'd re-release older industrial material? ha!).. however, the Boots
single, Attak album, Strum Und Drang live CD, and S&D DVD were released
through metropolis.. now they're signed to Sanctuary.. who know's where they
will end up next
I didn't think so.So rather than consult the Metropolis site to check
on whether certain KMFDM product is oop Girl should have really
checked the TVT site instead ;)

Rivetmike
Girl
2004-06-16 22:53:25 UTC
Post by rivetmike
Post by Sound Mirror
no, Metropolis never re-released KMFDM's back catalogue (do you really think
they'd re-release older industrial material? ha!).. however, the Boots
single, Attak album, Strum Und Drang live CD, and S&D DVD were released
through metropolis.. now they're signed to Sanctuary.. who know's where they
will end up next
I didn't think so.So rather than consult the Metropolis site to check
on whether certain KMFDM product is oop Girl should have really
checked the TVT site instead ;)
Firstly, the industrial-music site isn't just Metropolis Records, it's a
distribution company that does other stuff as well, so I thought it was
probably the most likely place. Anyway, it's not available from TVT either -
http://www.tvtrecords.com/artists/?art_id=90, though, to tell the truth, I
hadn't realised the label was still around. It doesn't look like Sanctuary or
Noise Records are reissuing old stuff either. So, there ya go, it is OOP.

Girl.
Drew
2004-06-16 21:16:03 UTC
Post by Sound Mirror
no, Metropolis never re-released KMFDM's back catalogue (do you really think
they'd re-release older industrial material? ha!)
Die Form.

Cheers,
Drew
Fnordly Whiplash
2004-06-17 00:44:24 UTC
Post by rivetmike
Sorry I didn't convey my sarcasm too well,I'm well aware that it is
neither oop or an early album.
Rivetmike
As Girl/Sordid noted, it is in fact out of print. Rarity is, I suppose,
very relative. I note that Amazon Marketplace only has 4 of them
available, which is pretty remarkable given how many people sell thru
that site. The cheapest there is going for US$8 used, and a still
sealed one is going for US$18, both of which are fairly high. My local
large record store (and I mean LARGE; the building used to be a bowling
alley) only had one copy in stock, used, and priced at US$12 because
it's OoP. Ergo, I don't think I'm being dishonest in any way by
labelling it out of print and rare. As for "early", again I think
that's a matter of personal interpretation. 1996 was 8 years ago.
Seems pretty long to me. This is the kind of KMFDM material that was
being put out when KMFDM were still wildly popular and touring
frequently, and doesn't date to what I would call their late period
(MDFMK, Nihil, etc.), which has generated little or no buzz, no club
hits I'm aware of, etc.

PS: There are at least two versions of it. Same tracks. The only
difference is one was made in Canada and one in the US (both are Wax
Trax/TVT releases; the .ca one credits A&M/Polygram as distributor).

PPS: I have another one for sale now, so if you see another posting
about it, it's not an accidental repeat.
Sound Mirror
Nihil came before Xtort
j***@hehxduhmp.org
2004-06-18 17:29:41 UTC
In rec.music.industrial Sound Mirror <***@bbb.ccc> wrote:
: Nihil came before Xtort

That's one reason I liked XTORT ... while I liked some of the tracks,
I didn't like some of the directions that Angst & Nihil had gone,
and felt that XTORT blended a lot of the stuff I liked from those
albums with some aspects of some of the older albums.

Paul's penis is HELL, boy.
2004-06-17 11:38:25 UTC
Post by Fnordly Whiplash
As for "early", again I think
that's a matter of personal interpretation. 1996 was 8 years ago.
Seems pretty long to me.
yeah, but keep in mind, KMFDM's been around since 1984. an album
released in your band's 12th year is only "early" if you've been around
for something like 50 years.

http://www.rit.edu/~pmy5192
DJ Eurotic
2004-06-17 13:13:15 UTC
Post by Fnordly Whiplash
being put out when KMFDM were still wildly popular and touring
frequently, and doesn't date to what I would call their late period
(MDFMK, Nihil, etc.), which has generated little or no buzz, no club
hits I'm aware of, etc.
Not trying to be a total ass, but Nihil had Juke Joint Jezebel, one of
their biggest (and stupidest) hits. Still, love that album. MDFMK
came out like 5 or 6 years later.
Todd Clayton
2004-06-17 23:02:47 UTC
Post by DJ Eurotic
Post by Fnordly Whiplash
being put out when KMFDM were still wildly popular and touring
frequently, and doesn't date to what I would call their late period
(MDFMK, Nihil, etc.), which has generated little or no buzz, no club
hits I'm aware of, etc.
Not trying to be a total ass, but Nihil had Juke Joint Jezebel, one of
their biggest (and stupidest) hits. Still, love that album. MDFMK
came out like 5 or 6 years later.
I think XTORT was the first disc that didn't produce any club hits.
"Symbols" came after that and had Megalomaniac if I recall correctly.
Then came Adios, MDFMK, and the rest of the shite brigade.
--
+---------------------------------+--------------------------------+
| Todd Clayton aka DJ Todd | Real Synthetic Audio |
a horrible warning." - Catherine Aird
DJ Eurotic
2004-06-18 13:31:17 UTC
Post by Todd Clayton
Post by DJ Eurotic
Post by Fnordly Whiplash
being put out when KMFDM were still wildly popular and touring
frequently, and doesn't date to what I would call their late period
(MDFMK, Nihil, etc.), which has generated little or no buzz, no club
hits I'm aware of, etc.
Not trying to be a total ass, but Nihil had Juke Joint Jezebel, one of
their biggest (and stupidest) hits. Still, love that album. MDFMK
came out like 5 or 6 years later.
I think XTORT was the first disc that didn't produce any club hits.
"Symbols" came after that and had Megalomaniac if I recall correctly.
Then came Adios, MDFMK, and the rest of the shite brigade.
-I enjoy Dogma a lot on it, but that's the only reason I haven't tried
to sell my OOP copy. :)
j***@hehxduhmp.org
2004-06-18 17:28:34 UTC
In rec.music.industrial Fnordly Whiplash <***@noteven.int> wrote:
: labelling it out of print and rare. As for "early", again I think
: that's a matter of personal interpretation. 1996 was 8 years ago.
: Seems pretty long to me. This is the kind of KMFDM material that was
: being put out when KMFDM were still wildly popular and touring
: frequently, and doesn't date to what I would call their late period
: (MDFMK, Nihil, etc.), which has generated little or no buzz, no club
: hits I'm aware of, etc.

You could call it "early" if it was 20 years ago. XTORT came out
in the band's hey day, how could that be 'early'? You're either
ignorant or just being a jackass intentionally.
DJ Eurotic
It's from '96 and mostly sucks. Whoever's selling it has no clue.
Paul's penis is HELL, boy.
2004-06-14 21:32:44 UTC
Post by DJ Eurotic
Post by rivetmike
Post by Fnordly Whiplash
One of KMFDM's much-sought-after early albums.
Is it out of print? Is it an early album?
Rivetmike
It's from '96 and mostly sucks. Whoever's selling it has no clue.
it's not that bad. KMFDM has done (and probably will continue to do)
worse than xtort.
--
np: Nothin'

AIM: WhoKilledtheJAMs
dukncovr at kmfdm dot com
http://www.rit.edu/~pmy5192

"Minnesota does not have the amazing selection of various types of
bratwurst and other sausages that wisconsin has. for that reason, i am
disappointed." -Colin
Todd Clayton
2004-06-14 23:11:25 UTC
Post by Paul's penis is HELL, boy.
it's not that bad. KMFDM has done (and probably will continue to do)
worse than xtort.
Yeah, and in other news the sun will rise tomorrow.
--
Soterro
2004-06-15 08:27:41 UTC
Post by Todd Clayton
Post by Paul's penis is HELL, boy.
it's not that bad. KMFDM has done (and probably will continue to do)
worse than xtort.
Yeah, and in other news the sun will rise tomorrow.
Well, KMFDM sucks, isn't it.

np: not playing