Deaths within the industrial genre.
Real Estate Cult
2004-02-14 03:30:22 UTC
I do believe Rozz Williams (Premature Ejaculation) hung himself today couple
years ago, so I guess this is a good time to ask this question, who has this
genre lost to suicide or just plain ol' death. All these rock magazines put
together these "in remembrance of" issues with the feats of the artists who
died that year or what-have-you. I've never seen anything like that for
"industrial", so I would like to get together such a collection. So who has
passed away (and how) in the last 30 or so years industrial and it's related
genres have been around. Right off all I can think of are Lee Newman (Greater
Than One), Dwayne Goettell (Skinny Puppy), Bryn Jones (Muslimgauze), Jim Nash
(Wax Trax! Records) and of course Mr. P-Orridge's unfortunate run in with the
coke machine.

Feel free to contact me if you have any info (just remove the blah's from my
screen name) and please also post here since it's been rather slow.

RealEstateCult
Sound Mirror
2004-02-14 12:00:48 UTC
William Tucker
candle
2004-02-16 08:24:43 UTC
Post by Sound Mirror
William Tucker
Tucker? When did that go down?
--
candle
mhm27x19 ICQ#34579920
http://webpages.charter.net/ggaffney93/welcome.htm
Sound Mirror
2004-02-16 08:47:50 UTC
Post by candle
Post by Sound Mirror
William Tucker
Tucker? When did that go down?
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&uid=UIDMISS70311080454280937&sql=Bs
qazefik7gf6

or if that doesn't work,
http://makeashorterlink.com/?Q60D22B67
Paul's penis is HELL, boy.
2004-02-14 12:20:08 UTC
Post by Real Estate Cult
and of course Mr. P-Orridge's unfortunate run in with the
coke machine.
he's not dead, he's just a woman now. seriously.
--
np: nothin'

AIM: WhoKilledtheJAMs
dukncovr at kmfdm dot com
http://www.rit.edu/~pmy5192

g4sm4sk: if only there was a way to have him sign a warez copy of
fruityloops
Girl the Bourgeois Individualist
2004-02-14 13:49:48 UTC
Post by Paul's penis is HELL, boy.
Post by Real Estate Cult
and of course Mr. P-Orridge's unfortunate run in with the
coke machine.
he's not dead, he's just a woman now. seriously.
the gold earrings).

Girl.
iceolate
2004-04-02 01:31:55 UTC
"Paul's penis is HELL, boy." <dukncov
http://www.throbbing-gristle.com/tg/pics/tggriffinpic.jpg (Gen's the one with
the gold earrings).
Girl.
Love the picture of Peter on his cell phone, like he's too busy to
take the picture. Hah!

Mik?l Orgillon
2004-02-15 00:50:18 UTC
Post by Real Estate Cult
and of course Mr. P-Orridge's unfortunate run in with the
coke machine.
he's not dead, he's just a woman now. seriously.
Well....no one said he was "dead" if you read correctly.
fruityloops
Locke
2004-02-14 16:46:26 UTC
Please let me quote Real Estate Cult...
|So who has
|passed away (and how) in the last 30 or so years industrial and it's related
|genres have been around.

Derek Jarman
Tomaz Hostnik (Laibach)
Frank Tovey (a.k.a. Fad Gadget)
Roland Wolf (short-time member of Einstürzende Neubauten)
... t.b.c.

CU,
Locke

NP: Radiohead "The Bends"
--
_ __ ___ _ __ ___ \\|||//
|____|\__/ \__\|_|\_\|___| \__=__/
| |
Girl the Bourgeois Individualist
2004-02-14 20:58:18 UTC
Post by Locke
Please let me quote Real Estate Cult...
|So who has
|passed away (and how) in the last 30 or so years industrial and it's related
|genres have been around.
Derek Jarman
Tomaz Hostnik (Laibach)
Frank Tovey (a.k.a. Fad Gadget)
Roland Wolf (short-time member of Einstürzende Neubauten)
... t.b.c.
Ian Curtis deserves a mention, surely.

Girl.
mimus
2004-02-15 02:58:06 UTC
Post by Locke
|genres have been around.
Derek Jarman
Tomaz Hostnik (Laibach)
Frank Tovey (a.k.a. Fad Gadget)
Roland Wolf (short-time member of Einstürzende Neubauten)
... t.b.c.
Ian Curtis deserves a mention, surely.
Dwayne Goettel.

--
np: Mark 13/Kinetic (yeah, right)
np for real: Haujobb/Polarity, HWF/Author of Pain

David Stallard
2004-02-15 04:58:03 UTC
Didn't Bill Rieflin (Ministry drummer) die? Can't remember.
Sound Mirror
2004-02-15 06:28:42 UTC
nein
Paul's penis is HELL, boy.
2004-02-15 08:49:54 UTC
Post by David Stallard
Didn't Bill Rieflin (Ministry drummer) die? Can't remember.
he's alive and well. he drummed on the last REM tour.
--
np: nothin'

AIM: WhoKilledtheJAMs
dukncovr at kmfdm dot com
http://www.rit.edu/~pmy5192

Necco Kartoffel: OMG THE BIBLBE KIDS IN SHOP CLASS HATE ME CUZ I GARVE
SWASTIKAGRAHMS INTO MY ARMS
1
mike
2004-03-02 17:55:48 UTC
Post by David Stallard
Didn't Bill Rieflin (Ministry drummer) die? Can't remember.
are you thinking of jeff ward? he worked with ministry and is mentioned
in the sleeve to NIN's downward spiral. i seem to recall he locked
himself in a garage with the car engine on after his wife left
him/cheated on him. havn't checked so i could be *completely* wrong
about that thou..
David Stallard
2004-03-04 02:58:27 UTC
Yeah, Jeff Ward is who I was thinking of. Later on he had a band of his
own...I can't remember the name of it or the one semi-hit that they had, but
I remember seeing the video a couple times.
about that thou..
Brent Colflesh
2004-03-04 17:14:08 UTC
Post by David Stallard
Yeah, Jeff Ward is who I was thinking of. Later on he had a band of his
own...I can't remember the name of it or the one semi-hit that they had, but
I remember seeing the video a couple times.
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Hall/7813/JWard.htm

Regards,
Brent
Francois Labreque
2004-02-16 02:42:58 UTC
Post by mimus
Dwayne Goettel.
He was mentioned in the article that started this thread. Try to keep up.

np: Somatic Responses - Accidental happiness.
--
Francois Labreque | The surest sign of the existence of extra-
flabreque | terrestrial intelligence is that they never
videotron.ca | - Calvin
mimus
2004-02-16 16:18:45 UTC
On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 21:42:58 -0500, Francois Labreque
Post by Francois Labreque
Post by mimus
Dwayne Goettel.
He was mentioned in the article that started this thread. Try to keep up.
Sorry, don't see it, bah . . . .

Marten
2004-02-17 15:03:47 UTC
A few more that hasn't been mentioned:

Gareth Williams (This Heat)
Damon Edge (Chrome)
Epic Soundtracks (Swell Maps)
Tracy Pew (Birthday Party)

While perhaps none of these groups are normally included
in the industrial canon, they have certainly been
influential enough for the genre. And didn't some of the
early SPK members die or commit suicide, or is that just
a rumour?

// Marten