maschinenfest 2003
christian pallentin (P.A.L)
2003-08-04 18:54:23 UTC
maschinenfest 2003
03. - 05. october 2003
schloß leerodt geilenkirchen

converter, klangstabil, asche, morgenstern, mono no aware, synapscape, pow[d]er
pussy, ah cama-sotz, iszoloscope, antigen shift, needle sharing, telerotor,
shorai, sonar, cell auto mata, 5f55, axiome, lawrah collective, punch inc.,
panacea

more bands and info's coming soon
ticket-presale is starting at the 20th of august

http://www.maschinenfest.de
feminaexmachina
2003-08-05 01:04:52 UTC
Post by christian pallentin (P.A.L)
maschinenfest 2003
03. - 05. october 2003
schloß leerodt geilenkirchen
http://www.maschinenfest.de
woohoo! :)

any other folks here going?

-salma
Keef
2003-08-14 11:27:01 UTC
Might be if I can find a cheap enough flight!
feminaexmachina
2003-08-15 15:19:41 UTC
Post by Keef
Post by feminaexmachina
Post by christian pallentin (P.A.L)
http://www.maschinenfest.de
woohoo! :)
any other folks here going?
-salma
Might be if I can find a cheap enough flight!
our conundrum is we found some very good ones -- but the worry is the utter
lack of lodging in the town it is in :/
Dasein
2003-08-17 04:48:25 UTC
Post by feminaexmachina
Post by Keef
Post by feminaexmachina
Post by christian pallentin (P.A.L)
http://www.maschinenfest.de
woohoo! :)
any other folks here going?
-salma
Might be if I can find a cheap enough flight!
our conundrum is we found some very good ones -- but the worry is the utter
lack of lodging in the town it is in :/
Really? I'm going to M'fest also, and was wondering about that... the
website has a link to the official Geilenkirchen town website, but I
couldn't find any mention of hotels on the site... strange, as the
link mentioned "hotels, etc". Might be something that can only be
arranged once you actually rock up. Has anyone had any luck finding
hotels in Geilenkirchen?
Tim Walkenhorst
2003-08-17 10:50:28 UTC
Post by feminaexmachina
our conundrum is we found some very good ones -- but the worry is the utter
lack of lodging in the town it is in :/
Ok, it's a little tricky to wrestle through the
"geilenkirchen"-webpage without knowledge of
the German language.

On the bottom of the following page 4 hotels are
mentioned:

http://www.geilenkirchen.de/content/gastronomie_hotels/content.html

[
Hotel Central, Konrad-Adenauer-Str.82-84 +49(0)2451/5778 or 68415
-> http://www.steakhouse-mujo.net/mainhotelcentral/us/index.htm
[terrible layout!]

Hotel Jabusch, Markt 3 +49(0)2451/2725

City-Hotel, Theodor-Heuss-Ring 15 +49(0)2451/6270
-> http://www.cityhotel-geilenkirchen.de/

Stadthotel, Konrad-Adenauer-Str.146-148 +49(0)2451/98780
]

By the way: Can anyone here recommend me a good&free newsserver?
I'm using news.ind.mh.se for reading and google for posting, but
I'd prefer a news server which is free and also allows posting...

Tim
Crudbreeder
2003-08-17 13:50:24 UTC
Post by Tim Walkenhorst
Post by feminaexmachina
[...]
Alot of people here use news.cis.dfn.de, it's free and quite excellent.

It seems that they are in the process of changing names though,
so this seem to be the new official page for the international news
service:
http://news.individual.net/

--
"I am SMP system but wine no fastest from mono procesor system, if wine
use
all prosesor or only one"
feminaexmachina
2003-08-18 19:50:08 UTC
Post by Tim Walkenhorst
On the bottom of the following page 4 hotels are
except they are all fully booked. i called two different tourist
centres in the city (which luckily for me spoke english since my
german is poor to nil) and rcv'd fairly much the same answer. due to
the expected influx of travellers, all the hotels and the few private
bedsnbreakfast are taken.

the next best thing to do, if not camping (and it seems many folks are
opting to do this) is to stay in a nearby city (and really, most are
not too far) and rent a car/carpool and drive there and back after
each days events. i blv we will be lodging in aachen; and driving
in.

best luck,
salma

there are some good german hotel links to be found easy by googling;
and a few have online reservations
Dasein
2003-08-19 12:40:42 UTC
Post by feminaexmachina
except they are all fully booked. i called two different tourist
the next best thing to do, if not camping (and it seems many folks are
opting to do this) is to stay in a nearby city (and really, most are
not too far) and rent a car/carpool and drive there and back after
each days events. i blv we will be lodging in aachen; and driving in.
Really?? argh that's screwed... I'm not really the outdoor type, and
I'm *definitely* not lagging camping gear around on my three month
world tour... maybe I can hire some camping gear in Aachen or
something.
I don't drive, so the renting a car plan isn't really going to
happen...

has anyone else managed to find a hotel in a nearby city?
According to the Maschinenfest website, these are the three nearest
cities:
Übach-Palenberg (6km)
Heinsberg (10km)
Aachen (25km)

I have a feelin Übach-Palenberg is a very small town; there's no info
on hotels or anything on the very meagre website, and googling turned
up zip. Much the same for Heinsberg, though Googling has yielded some
tidbits.
I'm sure they are plenty in Aachen (its a decent sized city, 200,000
or so people), but that's about twice as far away as Heinsberg...
Dasein
2003-08-19 13:47:00 UTC
Actually, it gets worse. I called a hotel in Uebach-Palenberg (nearest
town, very small) and all the hotels there are all booked out. Not
good. I'm going to try Heinsberg, which I think is a bit bigger. Has
anyone managed to find a hotel in Heinsberg?

feminaexmachina
2003-08-15 15:18:47 UTC
Post by feminaexmachina
any other folks here going?
Well, I'd love to but I don't have the financial resources. The city
is to be found near the border to the Netherlands, right?
geilenkirchen, so fairly close yes.

it has fast become almost a moot point for many of us here -- very bad idea
for folks to fly overseas to find no lodging :/