New Bill in senate - Don't get caught with suspiciouse looking media..
nomel
2003-09-19 22:30:34 UTC
According to this (http://www.soulglo.com/2003/LAW/07/22/riaa.anti.piracy.html)
article, this bill would give local law the ability to give out
citations for anyone found to "be in possession of suspicious looking
media possibly containing illegally downloaded or copied music." This
whole anti copyright thing is getting out of hand.

-nomel
Paul's penis is HELL, boy.
2003-09-19 23:04:50 UTC
Post by nomel
According to this (http://www.soulglo.com/2003/LAW/07/22/riaa.anti.piracy.html)
article, this bill would give local law the ability to give out
citations for anyone found to "be in possession of suspicious looking
media possibly containing illegally downloaded or copied music." This
whole anti copyright thing is getting out of hand.
soulglo.com isn't cnn. it isn't a real page, and if you try to search
cnn.com for the article, you won't find it.

...not to mention that this is definitely written to a lower standard
than the average cnn article, and none of hte links are to anything on
cnn's site.
--
np: KMFDM - Murder

AIM: WhoKilledtheJAMs
dukncovr at kmfdm dot com
http://www.rit.edu/~pmy5192
http://fleischbackstein.iuma.com
http://brb.whereshitler.com

NFOLEY8: So I was talking to a friend
today and decided that "finding Bill Rieflin"
is the musical equivalent of "finding Jesus".
Loki Ambrodious von Esling
2003-09-19 23:41:49 UTC
Post by Paul's penis is HELL, boy.
Post by nomel
According to this (http://www.soulglo.com/2003/LAW/07/22/riaa.anti.piracy.html)
article, this bill would give local law the ability to give out
citations for anyone found to "be in possession of suspicious looking
media possibly containing illegally downloaded or copied music." This
whole anti copyright thing is getting out of hand.
soulglo.com isn't cnn. it isn't a real page, and if you try to search
cnn.com for the article, you won't find it.
...not to mention that this is definitely written to a lower standard
than the average cnn article, and none of hte links are to anything on
cnn's site.
NPR recently had a segment where a mother and son were interviewed and
the general thought was that file sharing should be legal only for
personal use.

Maybe NPR will get sued now.

LOOK AT MOE DANCE! ALOHA-MOE!
--
. \ ` ' / .
._` __^__ '_. Loki Ambridous von Esling
Justified
Dan
2003-09-19 23:36:46 UTC
Post by nomel
article, this bill would give local law the ability to give out
citations for anyone found to "be in possession of suspicious looking
media possibly containing illegally downloaded or copied music."
I bought Pantera's "Far Beyond Driven" once when I was younger and more
full of teenage angst. That was pretty suspicious-looking media. Mind you,
I still like some of the songs :)

Love Dan
neoclassical
2003-09-23 23:30:56 UTC
Please do not mention the posermetal bands.
Per
2003-09-24 04:17:49 UTC
Post by neoclassical
Post by Dan
I bought Pantera's "Far Beyond Driven" once when I was younger and more
full of teenage angst.
Please do not mention the posermetal bands.
What makes them more poser than bands like say Metallica?
--
Per - perATmeowDOTorg

mhm 24x23 icq: 6047688
anirguista
2003-09-20 03:01:53 UTC
Post by nomel
According to this (http://www.soulglo.com/2003/LAW/07/22/riaa.anti.piracy.html)
article, this bill would give local law the ability to give out
citations for anyone found to "be in possession of suspicious looking
media possibly containing illegally downloaded or copied music." This
whole anti copyright thing is getting out of hand.
-nomel
The RIAA will also be given permission to search suspects' rectums,
demand stool and urine samples and conduct strip searches...... Man
those guys are perverts.....

a.n.
Robert Paulsen

a.n.
Per
2003-09-24 04:17:07 UTC
Post by nomel
According to this (http://www.soulglo.com/2003/LAW/07/22/riaa.anti.piracy.html)
article, this bill would give local law the ability to give out
citations for anyone found to "be in possession of suspicious looking
media possibly containing illegally downloaded or copied music." This
whole anti copyright thing is getting out of hand.
It ain't real, and anyway, how would they know if you had the original
copy anyway. By law, you can copy however many of the original you want
as long as you are not sharing or selling. This goes back to the old
days of dubbing your vinyl to cassette for your walkman. Same law
applies to CDrs.
--
Per - perATmeowDOTorg

mhm 24x23 icq: 6047688