Contacts for the Throbbing Gristle event?
ABZ
2004-04-26 08:31:34 UTC
Can anyone tell me how I can contact the guys who organizes next
month's RE-TG event? The e-mail address on the web-page
(RE_TG(NOSPAM)@HOTMAIL.COM) is out of order.

If so, please e-mail me at INDUSTRIAL(NOSPAM)AT(NOSPAM)INDUSTRIAL.DK

TIA, and I'm looking forward to seeing some of you there!

- ABZ
Drew
2004-04-26 17:38:43 UTC
Post by ABZ
TIA, and I'm looking forward to seeing some of you there!
Doesn't look like you'll get the chance. According to the latest
reports, this event has been cancelled. Mind you, I don't know anyone
who's involved: I'm only going by what I read on the web.

See:
http://www.atpfestival.com/events/news.php?event=11&view=164

They "only" sold 1600 tickets (at £120 a pop, that's a lot of pesos)
and were thus forced to cancel.

Apparently you can still get a refund and attend a private recording
session in London...

Cheers,
Drew
Michael Johnson
2004-04-26 18:56:25 UTC
According to the latest reports, this event has been cancelled.
Mind you, I don't know anyone who's involved: I'm only going
by what I read on the web.
http://www.atpfestival.com/events/news.php?event=11&view=164
They "only" sold 1600 tickets (at £120 a pop, that's a lot of pesos)
and were thus forced to cancel.
Similar information is on the Mute site:

http://www.mutelibtech.com/tg/retg.html

You'd think that Mute would be able to tap into EMI's millions to bail
the event out - why sell yourself to a major if you can't get your
mitts on their money when it's needed?
Apparently you can still get a refund and attend a private recording
session in London...
And/or wait until 2005, when it seems TG will have another attempt at
playing their last ever gig....

--
The subcultural life of Uncvle Nemesis:
The showbiz years: http://www.nemesis.to
Dancing about architecture: http://www.starvox.net
Girl
2004-04-26 19:20:34 UTC
Post by Michael Johnson
Post by Drew
Apparently you can still get a refund and attend a private recording
session in London...
And/or wait until 2005, when it seems TG will have another attempt at
playing their last ever gig....
But that won't be 23 years!!!

Girl.
Paul's penis is HELL, boy.
2004-04-26 20:43:06 UTC
Post by Girl
Post by Michael Johnson
And/or wait until 2005, when it seems TG will have another attempt at
playing their last ever gig....
But that won't be 23 years!!!
genesis is probably already spinning in his/her grave, despite not being
dead yet.
--
np: Nothin'

AIM: WhoKilledtheJAMs
dukncovr at kmfdm dot com
http://www.rit.edu/~pmy5192

megaman48123: those are butt darts!
Greg Vaughn
2004-04-26 22:46:25 UTC
Discuss the "re-schedule" here:
http://groups.msn.com/retg/messages.msnw
ABZ
2004-04-27 07:15:56 UTC
Post by Drew
Doesn't look like you'll get the chance.
Dogammit!!!

Really, f*cking great! We have allready payed for 3 planetickets, 3 x
1 night at a bed and breakfast and 1 more than your average trendy
hairdue. And now they are going to "repay" us with a "secret" session
in London somewhere.
Well, for the same amount of money, I could have a "secret session" at
the local escort service - without travelling to London :-Q

Theres info here: http://www.throbbing-gristle.com
GPO titshot half way down here: http://www.genesisp-orridge.com/

... worst of all - I won't get to see Merzbow!!

I hope none of you from the States have been buying planetickets,
auch! :-)

- ABZ
Tiger Blam
ABZ
2004-04-28 07:39:12 UTC
On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 10:08:56 -0400, "Tiger Blam"
Post by Greg Vaughn
http://groups.msn.com/retg/messages.msnw
Big THNX!! I'll dig into it tonight. But on first look, there seem to
be more anger built up, than your Average Gorgoroth/Mayhem concert :-)
(pardon the comparison)

- ABZ
Lief Kirn
2004-04-28 04:11:43 UTC
Post by ABZ
Really, f*cking great! We have allready payed for 3 planetickets
Exactly why I did not plan to go. I knew it would be canceled. It was just one
of those events that is to good to be true. Oh well.
ABZ
2004-04-28 07:42:57 UTC
Post by Lief Kirn
Exactly why I did not plan to go. I knew it would be canceled. It was just one
of those events that is to good to be true. Oh well.
On the other hand, Merzbow playing... oh, sorry Throbbing Gristle
playing and me not beeing there, would be a bigger disaster :-)

I wonder if Merzbow bring merchandise :*)
It would be cool to have my very own Merzbow embroided pillow for my
cars rear window... ick..

- ABZ
Drew
2004-04-28 10:17:51 UTC
Post by Lief Kirn
Post by ABZ
Really, f*cking great! We have allready payed for 3 planetickets
Exactly why I did not plan to go. I knew it would be canceled. It was just one
of those events that is to good to be true. Oh well.
The fact that they actually could cancel an event of this size,
apparently on a whim, less than three weeks before it was supposed to
happen, tells you all you need to know about the state of
preparations.

A bunch of fat old men, trying to milk as much cash as possible from
the last vestiges of interest in some tired, old, stunts. And then
they can't even get it up.

Shit like this is pathetic to watch.

Cheers,
Drew